Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I think what AR is going for is going with the whole ā€˜current relevance to the plotā€™ themeā€¦none of the past races you mentioned before are currently relevant to the ongoings of BFA.

Iā€™m not arguing with you what so ever, Iā€™m just saying, people are looking at that trend that Blizz has stated the ARs would follow and the Vulpera and Sethrak happen to fall into that slate, theyā€™re relevant to some story elements (sethrak not as largely, hopefully will get more but weā€™ll see) and people happen to like the sethrak a fair amount. Theyā€™re in this expansion, theyā€™re new and exciting, theyā€™re exotic and they catch peopleā€™s eye.

Some of the others you listed I would love to see as well, but at this point, Iā€™m just holding my breath on something evenā€¦remotely interesting to me. If not? Well I have new Worgen models to look forward to :smiley:

1 Like

gotcha.

Even if I disagree with your opinion that ā€œsethrak are poorly designed,ā€ I can at least respect it. I feel the same way about the deep-sea-jinyu (and jinyu in general, really), and would be very disappointed if they ended up as an AR over something else.

I think a great many of us in the Sethrak thread feel the same way as you concerning just wanting a reptilian race to play; Dragonkin/Drakonid in some form or fashion would be great, and although i think itā€™d be a stretch to make Saurok work, Iā€™d be okay with them too if their model was polished up.

4 Likes

Concur. Want a reptilian race more than specifically a Sethrak. In fact, my ideal would be a black drakonid. But, given weā€™re in the age of ARs, and ARs are interwoven and germane with current story/lore, nothing suits that better than Sethrak at the moment.

That being said, Sethrak, Saurok, Naga, the real ones, none of this deep sea jinyu garbage, Drakonids, those dragonmen that resemble that one scientist boss in the Cataclysm Blackwing raid, any of them would suffice.

5 Likes

I may not ever be very active on here (Or any of the other allied race megathreads) but know that i am always watching! I want Sethrak as much as all of you guys.

Here, have a cute yawning snake! <3

Praise Sethraliss!

8 Likes

I think this is one of the few times Iā€™ve seen a post from you that doesnā€™t end with exclamation points after each sentence xD

Youā€™re such an excitable fella, arenā€™tcha? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m very dramatic :scream:

I see it more as being very passionate :green_heart: Iā€™m the same way, Iā€™m very passionate about the sethrak :3

3 Likes

I for a very brief moment felt like playing eso again because it has argonians. I then remembered everything wrong with that game and immediately noped. Blizzard donā€™t make me think about that game, please add sethrak already. :snake:

Do you think sethrak will have the same dance as female worgen or will they have their own? Would look pretty dumb for males to do that dance.

3 Likes

Worgen male should be able to make Michael Jacksonā€™s Moonwalker :wolf:

1 Like

GOOD SNEK
(this is a full sentence)

2 Likes

Maybe blizzard wants us to lose faith in Sethraliss and become faithless. THATS when they will push more sethrak content out. They want us to see how it feels to be a faithless, so we can play the characters better. I tell you what I donā€™t got much faith in this allied race left and am getting really close to having nothing to do in game. Have been doing nothing but pvp and its getting really tiresome. Got no consistant friends who wont flake out on me when I try to set dates for arena. Rated bg groups wont invite anyone less then 1800cr, every other group is just ā€œchillā€ groups that donā€™t care if they win and wont get on voice chat.

Pve content is just mindless and beyond boring to me, I just got nothing left to do. Sethraliss has abandoned us.:weary:

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly in the same boatā€¦the only thing keeping me in the game is raidingā€¦not hardcore but just kinda casualā€¦kinda tired of the game right now too, but at least I have the new raid coming out that my guild will be able to progress in. Quite a few people, I think, might have unsubbed and honestly, when we get our AotC achievementā€¦if itā€™s still just stagnant I might unsub until the next raid.

If I had an AR that I truly wanted and wanted to play as, itā€™d keep me hooked but Iā€™m in the same boat as you, Iā€™m starting to lose faithā€¦but then I look at all the work that they did on them before the data leaks prior to the major lockdownā€¦I still want to believe but itā€™s becoming more and more difficult and the hype is starting to die. Blizz isnā€™t really doing a good job at trying to REALLY keep people interested in the AR system, which was supposed to be a major draw-in for the expansion.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just going to give up on sethraks, when the fat lady, start singing!

Although itā€™s hard to stay positive, so quiet and so many people out there, determined to rule out the possibility of sethraks as allied race, stating that we will receive only junkgnomes, which in no way compare in interest to vulperas or sethraks, as if that were something good or desirable.

Itā€™s almost as if a wave of defeatism and conformity with the less better, was that the Alliance deserves!

This is disheartening, that a bunch of obscure gnomes for which neither same see topics praising its qualities or any hype for your appearance, are automatically considered an allied race to ally, even more when we donā€™t even know anything about them or anything higher than they will be in a DG!

There is less info on junkgnomes, what about sethraks

If they are paired with vulperas, they will be a consolation prize as big as void belves went to alliance!
Something done with no effort or interest in pleasing the Alliance!

So, until I hear a definitive negative Blizzard, Iā€™m taking longing for better and not worse.

3 Likes

Here I thought who would ever want those snek guys as a race. And now I see this ā‚¬_ā‚¬ maybe I just have nightmares from sens fortress from dark souls 1 XD

1 Like

Donā€™t give up, in wowhead Sethrak and Vulpera have the heart of Azeroth animation and capesā€¦ no other NPCs race has either.

Thatā€™s hope!, why would they put extra work for nothing.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what the Faithless ā€œredemption arcā€ might look like. How can Vorrik and the Devoted reintegrate so much of their population that has done atrocious deeds and lived without the guidance of their loa? Well, Akunda the loa od storms might be able to helpā€¦

Akunda , the [thunder lizard, is the [loa] of storms and new beginnings. He believes that the storm has the power to wash away regret and sorrow. Through a sacred ritual, Akunda enters the minds of those who come to his [temple] seeking refuge and removes the memories that cause them pain. His followers then all rename themselves Akunda and start a new life at the temple. His followers do good works to show the loa they are worthy of his blessing.

I think being attributed with the element of lightning means something, like maybe Akunda could help Sethraliss get her people back. I can also see us going underground and doing quests there, and the caverns of nightmares where the bad thoughts/memories are kept being involved.

Just trying to imagine what the allied race content for sethrak could be like! Feel free to reply with your own variationsā€¦ itā€™s important to not lose hope during the info drought and use our imaginations a little!

1 Like

Just play Skyrim to get your Argonian fix!

You get toā€¦ uhā€¦ stay underwater for extraordinarily long periods of time!

įµ‚įµ’įµ’įµ’įµ’įµ’

1 Like

It makes me sad that there is so little news or anything regarding Sethrak with the beta and current in-game. If Blizzardā€™s intention was to leave us on the edge of our seats for he next ARā€¦they sure are doing a damn good job of it!

Iā€™m not giving up hope, I still feel that before the lock down, too much was found and invested in these amazing peoples to justā€¦lock them behind a no touch zone. It feels as though those who believe in them becoming an AR is dwindling due to the silenceā€¦letā€™s hope that something is discovered or released to boost our hopes once more!

1 Like

I am considering that this silence we are also experiencing is a side effect of how things are in BfA, in relation to the playersā€™ feelings about the game like is now and the Devs!

I think the Devs do not even think about how to try to improve the image of the game, a bit scratched in the last months, releasing anything that leaves a more positive atmosphere for what we have or can have in BfA!

If there was ever a time when positive news about BfA needed to be disclosed, this would be a good time, even more so with allied races.
It even seems that the current revese series that Blizzard has been living has left them catatonic or scared to say something, afraid of the reaction!

Or itā€™s just another bad decision on how to keep the game interesting, with a silence that is too much than it would take, on a theme that could be used to improve the environment in the game and in the community, alleviating anxiety!

That is, we are just experiencing more disconnect between the community and the Devs, about keeping the hype alive through the game!

2 Likes

I 100% agree with this. I know they donā€™t want to give everything away. I think a lot of people that are really into the whole AR system, especially on the alliance, are getting upset at the fact that we MIGHT get Junker Gnomes alongside the Vulpera. Though I donā€™t understand: Why give us so much knowledge on Dark Iron, Mag Orc, Zand Troll and Kul Tiran, just to go silent right after and make those of us who LOVE this AR system, the complete cold shoulder?

There isnā€™t all that much to really look forward to in the game right now. The new raid, hopefully it will be good and fun, will eventually grow old and tiring again and then what? Back to just logging in, doing a few WQ and then logging out? Where is the excitement!? Where is the fun!? I know, yes, there are other things to do in the gameā€¦

but yā€™know what? If I had an AR like the Sethrak, I would be MORE than happy to level new toons, play a bunch of classes with them that would make the game so fun for me again because Iā€™d love the character I have! (not that I dislike Worgen, I <3 my worgen :D)

Itā€™s fine and dandy that the Vulpera are getting all these signs and more or less making it 100% certain theyā€™ll be releasedā€¦butā€¦where is our confirmation? A picture at Blizzcon? Thatā€™s not going to cut it for me.

I hate how people are spouting itā€™s 100% Junker or 100% fish peopleā€¦based off a new area and race aiding us. Iā€™m not against them, they might be awesome! They justā€¦donā€™t appeal to me. Thereā€™s no even saying that the new Jinyu-like race has any females.

I just want something to keep my excitement up and get me real excited for the sethrak again. Or something that will tell us flat out ā€˜not going to happenā€™ from devs so we can just move on with our livesā€¦not lead us on with bait on a hook and wire.

3 Likes