Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

No, before I added the “Spoiler” things my forest troll thread was an absolute behemoth, to the point of people telling me it was too long to read.

Those things are super useful, though, especially for sections like customization and classes.

1 Like

Not to mention? Regulars contribute A TON to the thread in terms of really, really rich and well-thought-out ideas. It’s because we’re passionate. Heck I’ll write stories for the characters I come up with if I plan on making a character of that AR I’m wishing for (Did it with Saurok, should do it with Sethrak too :slight_smile: )

There’s art shared, videos, bits of lore and stories that could be used, joke/dance ideas, and suggestions for customization. I’d say that’s a very good thing.

8 Likes

I cannot stress enough how ridiculous it is to bash a thread for its regular crowd being prolific in their posting.

That means it’s doing well and it’s popular.

6 Likes

Exactly, plus it’s important for those extremely passionate about these races to weigh in their opinions and give different angles/outlooks that many might not think deeply about. Who are going to be the experts on the lore here, and know most of what we’re talking about? And by extension, be able to suggest viable ideas and feedback, because we know this stuff like the back of our hands?

The regulars!

5 Likes

I need help. :rofl:

I worked on the new thread draft for a few hours last night.

Then I had a dream I had to present it to Blizzard and the WoW team like it was a college term project
 or a sales pitch.

:snake:

5 Likes

I mean

It kinda is. :smiley:

2 Likes

Long time lurker here. Just wanted to say that I’d have a hard time not race changing ALL my characters to Sethrak. Don’t care what faction

6 Likes

But I hate talking to an audience! In person at least. I have so much social anxiety.

Sure I guess you’re right though. :rofl:

Glad to have you! Lot of us agree on that part. I’d spend so much money. :sweat_smile:

:snake: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So that sethraks are in the horde. Totally acceptable.
Sethraks playable in the horde are better than wasting them as mere npcs.

It would be nice to have something of value for the alliance, but nothing was written for that purpose for the alliance in BfA, so sethraks are another addition of prestige and value to the horde.

It is so superior that it has no legs and cannot even use a mount.
And they cannot be in the alliance without changing the lore.

1 Like

Can’t really be in either faction without some serious lore shenanigans. They’re unrepentant villains in every appearance, and with their Queen still alive and well they have no reason to seek out other alliances.

Sethrak, however, could easily go either way :grin:

2 Likes

Now now, a group of Naga breaking off has happened before.

It’s not that weird.

That they could
 Maybe even neutral?

Eh? Blizz? Eeehhh?

:snake:

4 Likes

I was sort of hoping Azshara would meet her end during BfA as it would leave the Naga leaderless, and possibly open to joining one of the factions, largely based on whether Tyrande would try to reconcile with them (A) or drive them away (H).

As it stands now, I don’t see Naga becoming playable unless there is a massive revamp of the faction system and the Naga make their own faction; though such a thing would probably require a WoW2.

1 Like

I would really like to know how people got it in their heads that Sethrak were going to become an allied race for the alliance when the alliance spends the whole of two minutes with them in a zone that isn’t even yours, compared to hours of questing the horde does with the race.

I find it absolutely fascinating what people can convince themselves of sometimes. BfA is over and the odds of Sethrak for alliance, which made zero sense at any point, has gone from infinitesimally tiny to flat out null.

1 Like

IIRC this dates back to before BfA launched and when we were introduced to the Vulpera and Sethrak. They were presented as if they were at war with each other and looked like a microcosm of the greater Horde/Alliance war.

When BfA actually launched, the Alliance had some interactions with the Sethrak with hints of more in the future, but nothing came of it. The Horde started with the Vulpera, and later worked with the Sethrak, with the “war” between the two shunted to the conflict caused by the Faithless Sethrak and not the Devoted.

I’m starting to think the story for the zone got rewritten along the way, and the line about the Alliance wanting to continue working with the Sethrak was leftover from an scrapped storyline.

3 Likes

Thats kinda what I suspect. Now, don’t get me wrong I think this was scrapped rather early on but we see some minor leftovers of it.

For instance beyond what you mentioned, both Wyrmbane and Umbric show an awful lot of interest in the Sethrak before just dropping it completely.

3 Likes

And that was added later. For whatever reason.

2 Likes

Killing her off would have been best but unless they are ugly lady villains can never die~~

Well actually that NB chick died
 but she was NB so still kinda works.

Also I could see Naga riding mounts, they’d just coil up on top of them.

2 Likes

Thought I would mention that I am 20 pages into a google document for this new Sethrak AR thread

4 Likes

Yesss
 Gooood.

:snake: :snake: :snake:

4 Likes

I might be done with it tonight. At least to the point of being able to post it!

:snake: :heart:

2 Likes