Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Yeah the NB need help. Iā€™d actually rather play an NPC. XD

1 Like

Yeah. An option without a rattle would be nice.

And maybe some options with accessories. Like the glass blade weapon thing on the tails of some.

Tail length could be another easy one.

Oh, yeah! Let me post my snake of the day:

The Green Tree Python!

Imgur

They start out as red or yellow babies and go through a color change. Anyone remember the childrenā€™s book Verdi? Thatā€™s based off this snake. :grin:

Imgur

Imgur

5 Likes

I changed my mind
Alliance can have them
So long as theyā€™re not all entitled about it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I wrote a childrenā€™s book about a Tree Python and his Cheetah friend. (The book is unbublished and was meant more as an exercise.)

I do love green tree pythons.

No one should feel entitled if they can help it.

I think theyā€™d fit really nicely on the Alliance.

Wont mind if they go Horde though.

Thanks for your change of mind.

4 Likes

By no means would I be entitled about it. Really appreciate you though.

I still just want them playable. :pleading_face:

:orange_heart: :snake:

I had one as a pet once. I raised him up from a tiny little yellow baby. His name was Apsu.

Sounds sweet though.

5 Likes

You passion for Sethrak is strong. You are making some of the more active Sethrak supporters look barely interested by comparison.

6 Likes

I feel once upon a time sethrak were going to be an alliance allied race.
They had hints at being made playable like the heart. There was the questline with the alliance meeting them. There was a line of dialogue about trying to befriend them.

I think blizzard were unable to get their models to work or something so scrapped the idea and made them more horde aligned in later patches because if they werent going to be playable, why make them friendly to alliance.

They use the worgen skeleton and that is one of the 2 unused for allied races.

Since they are a horde race, to make them alliance, the faithless route makes the most sense. The devoted are clearly buddy buddy with the rest of zandalar now so they have no reason to go alliance.

And since faithless are kinda evil jerks in the story right now, it might give the alliance some teeth. And not in tyrandes whole ā€œim angry at the horde and thats all my character isā€ kinda way

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was just a time crunch. There are various sources admitting that BFA was rushed. Heck, we didnā€™t get Darkshore until about a month or so ago? They had to cut content here and there to make way for Shadowlands.

So then Shadowlands has been getting all of the attention. When Blizzardā€™s release schedule opens up a little, likely a few months after the expansion, they MAY have more room to play with more allied races and such, perhaps in time to get them out by 9.1 or 9.2, especially if work had already been done on them.

Thatā€™s my hope. Now, with Activision putting pressure on Blizz and moving in, who knows if thatā€™ll affect anything. It could, it might not. time will tell if we actually get this thing that we want.

Which is all the more reason we need to keep this thread going. So Blizzard sees that, despite it being 3 years later, we STILL want playable Sethrak.

3 Likes

Thank you. :yellow_heart:

Snakes are very important to me. xD Iā€™m not sure if I could really explain it in words. Theyā€™ve helped me so much with my depression. And it strongly translates into the Sethrak since I also have a love for fantasy, WoW and what not.

Definitely a crazy passion that Iā€™m proud of.

Aysa Cloudsingerā€™s dialogue also implies this. Iā€™m sure Ji Firepaw says something similar. I was just on the PTR messing around in the Embassy on an alt and Aysa says something about recruiting more Allied Races in the future.

So it is definitely a thing that is going to continue at the very least.

6 Likes

It would be great to see both of them being talent hunters for their respective factions, seeking young blood for the Horde and alliance. This would make them have something to do, other than to be wasted, for being stuck in the capitals.

6 Likes

Helped stress test the servers just now on the PTR. Made sure to scream about Sethrak in chat because Blizz asked us to stress test the chat as well.

Funnily enough I was not the only one yelling about playable Sethrak, either. xD

Good stuff!

:snake:

8 Likes

I have nothing to add to this thread
Just wanted to bump it

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have something fun to share with you all in the next day or so. And Iā€™ll eventually get around to posting my snake of the day. Even though you donā€™t like snakes much. xD

(Playable Sethrak please!)

4 Likes

nope evil little things
Sethrak are okay though as they have arms and legs and real faces :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My poor brain seriously 404 errors out when people tell me they donā€™t like snakes. I love them so much I seriously struggle. XD (Grant it, I love all animals pretty much)

Atleast you donā€™t mind Sethrak though.

Iā€™ve talked to about half a dozen others that are the same way. Dislike real life snakes, adore the Sethrak.

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind snakes. I just donā€™t want Sethrak. But I support your petition. . although I think it should be down the line on who should be considered first seeing it was a race just introduced.

3 Likes

This is perfectly acceptable and I appreciate your support.

Wish more people would think this way about things. Ya donā€™t have to like something to support those who do.

:snake:

4 Likes

This is the way folk should be most of the time I think.

The man doesnā€™t mind snakes, but doesnā€™t like Sethrak but chooses to still support those who are interested.

Thank you.

While I suspect most of us want em sooner rather than later, theres nothing wrong with this either.

3 Likes

High mountain and nightborne were added 3.5 patches after being introduced

Lightforged were added .5 patches after being introduced

Void elves were added as they were introduced

Kul tirans were added 2 patches after their first in game appearance

Vulpera were added 3 patches after being introduced

Mechagnomes were added 1 patch after being introduced

The outliers here are dark iron, maghar, and zandalari

So outside of those 3 races, sethrak have already waited longer than the average time it takes for an allied race to be made playable

5 Likes

Vrykul, added in Wrath :slight_smile: