Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

We see some Sethrak shaman in Hearthstone!

So if Sethrak become playable I think Shaman is easily a given. Iā€™d make one too.

Iā€™d make a LOT of Sethrak.

2 Likes

Yes! There is also a Jafarā€™s Staff in Warcraft and would be perfect for a priest of Setrhaliss the [Will/Legacy of Arlokk] or [Zulian Scepter of Rites] :snake: :place_of_worship:

3 Likes

Always thought boas were pretty cool.

5 Likes

Not sure if picture correlates to comment but the picture is some sort of arboreal pit- viper. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: A VERY Sethrak-like pit-viper.

Boas are rad though. Ever seen an Emerald Tree Boaā€™s teeth? Amazing but terrifying.

4 Likes

Ah. You know your snakes! Good on you. I thought it was a boa constrictor.

3 Likes

Thank ya.

In a perfect world Iā€™d be a herpetologist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hereā€™s my favourite sub-species of what people commonly call Boa Constrictors.

This one is called the Argentine Boa. I love their cookies and cream color.

Imgur

Then a more classic and recognized look of a snake in the same family.

Peruvian Red Tail Boa (Pictured below)

Imgur

6 Likes

Happy Wedsnesday!

Hereā€™s my snake for Wednesday, the Waglerā€™s Pit Viper. Also sometimes called the Temple Pit Viper. A neat thing about this species is that not only are the females the larger individuals but there is also color sexual dimorphism. And neither are really drab.

Here is the male (pictured below)

Imgur

The female (pictured below)

Imgur

Imgur

Could be a neat aspect of sexual dimorphism to explore in Sethrak if they become playable.

4 Likes

If anything the male is more subtle for a change, very neat~

2 Likes

Those vibrant colors look amazing.

4 Likes

Itā€™s one of the few examples in snakes off the top of my head, and interesting that itā€™s the opposite of most birds!

Definitely one of the more obvious in snakes as well.

Even if the male Sethrak arenā€™t more or less colorful than the females, they could have one of the sexes wear more jewelry/body mods to differentiate themselves.

5 Likes

Itā€™s Thursday, Sethrak group! How are you all?

Hereā€™s my Thursday snake pick.

The Tri-Colored Hognose Snake! This is a South American species and unrelated to Hersheyā€™s species or his more commonly recognized cousin the Western Hognose.

Tri-Colored Hognose

Imgur

Imgur

What are your opinions of tri-colored patterns for Sethrak skin tones?

I personally think it would be too busy and could clash with a lot of transmog.

5 Likes

Just found this on a fb page I am part of!

A Bullsnake with quite the healing injury! Look at all the scarring.

Still think scars could be a great addition if we get our playable Sethrak. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also, if anyone is curious what SFD stands for, that is Snake Fungal Disease. A terrible disease that disfigures and kills most snakes that contract it.

2 Likes

I think it could get too busy quickly, especially with really bold and bright colours yetā€¦ I donā€™t think giving people the option would hurt. I think some people would be willing to mog around a really wild pattern and since we can freely hide many slots now itā€™s easier to make it work for sure.

Having plainer and crazier options is standard for character customization :smiley:

3 Likes

Itā€™s finally Friday!

So Iā€™m gonna end the work week with a bold and strong snake for the day!

Meet the Forest Cobra.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Typically very confident animals that are not afraid to tell you to BACK OFF!

Love love love their face and hood markings. And think it would be a lovely addition to customization if we get Sethrak. Or even just to the NPCs to further give them character.

Playable Sethrak please!

5 Likes

So I recently started playing this expansion, and I am questing through the Volā€™dun area. Iā€™m pretty shocked that the Sethrak were not paired with the Vulpera as an allied race. I canā€™t think of a reason why they are not allied race. Are they too cool for the alliance? /s

8 Likes

I sure hope not.

Iā€™m hopeful as are others, that we may see their story continued in some manner at some point in Shadowlands.

As far as I can tell, Sethrak got a lot more love from the devs in their lore than the Vulpera did.

So between that and the passion put into their design, it would just be such a waste of amazing work and potential to have them forgotten in a desert we wonā€™t visit much in the upcoming months.

Their development screams playable.

So let them be playable! :snake::heart::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Hey just stopping by on my way through
Seems like you guys got a cool community here

Well donā€™t mind me just gonna settle down over here and pledge my support

9 Likes

Thank you for the support and welcome! :smiley:

How is everyone spending or enjoying their saturday?

Maybe spend it with the snake of the day: The Saw Scaled Viper!

Imgur

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161725005@N03/30747113337

These are tiny and adorable true vipers. Their common name comes from a somewhat unique defense mechanism they have. Featured in the videos below:

Please ignore the title of the second video. Snakes do not attack. They are defensive against perceived threats.

6 Likes

Cute isnā€™t it? By the way. Fezzyā€™s vacation ends tomorrow.

6 Likes

Happy Sunday!

And Happy Motherā€™s day to all those Mothers out there.

Iā€™ll change it up a bit and have our snake of the day be Rattlesnakes. Specifically Rattlesnake mommas! Contrary to popular believe, Rattlesnakes make great mothers. They guard and watch their little ones for the first few weeks of life before theyā€™re ready to venture off on their own. Sometimes other females will babysit while mom goes out to bask, hunt, etc.

Great Basin Rattlesnakes with babies (pictured below)

Imgur

Imgur

Timber Rattlesnake with babies (pictured below)

Imgur

Ridge Nosed Rattlesnake with freshly born babies (pictured below)

Imgur

Sethraliss is a great mother too. And Happy Motherā€™s day to the Loa of the Sethrak!

And as always, playable Sethrak please!

6 Likes