Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Texas has some amazing species too! Let me share some of my favourites.

Imgur

Imgur

Speckled-Racer. These have a limited range into south Texas. ^

Imgur

Northern Cat-Eyed Snake. ^

Imgur

Banded Rock Rattlesnake. ^ I owned a breeding pair of these danger noodles. Their names were Asmodeus and Kesdeya.

Imgur

Imgur

Black-Necked Garter Snake. ^ Garter snakes in general are known for extreme coloration variation even within their own sub specie.

Just look at all the options Sethrak could get. What they have already is perfectly fine but the sky really is the limit!

5 Likes

Found some Bendouin traditional dance. The group of people Sethrak are partially inspired from:

Could get their dance emote from this. Weā€™ve been needing a belly dance.

3 Likes

Pretty Sneks!

I might actually use that for my Sethrak priest if that were an option. The more colorful upper body going into a more standard color lower half. I like it.

I love this ones color! Iā€™m always up for blues, teals, and greens.

One of my cats eyes is exactly this ones color. lol

Asmodeus! Love that name.

There are tons of Garter Snakes back in my home I thinkā€¦ I think they were Garter snakesā€¦ it would have been the San Jose area of California.

I really like this one. Iā€™d vote for this.

3 Likes

I revisted the Druid forms for our current races that can be druid and have yet recemented in my mind that Sethrak could be a strong contender for having a druid class.

Cat form: Saurolisk or Cobra
Bear form: Krolusk
Travel form: Hydra (maybe with more snakelike faces)
Flight form: Wind Serpent
Moonkin form: Something similar to the ZT form but more closely resembling a Wind Serpent. Or more like: Quetzalcoatl, which I think Sethraliss may have some inspiration from, though I think the Wind Serpent Loas are more derived from him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl
(Feathered Serpent deities have been linked to rain and storms, and life)
Aquatic form: Threshadon

5 Likes

Iā€™m dissssssappointed in you, you made thisssssss whole thread without a sssssingle hissss. Sssssssshame on you, it isssssss the only proper way to ssssssspeak of Sssssssethrak.

5 Likes

/tongue flick

Korthek brought thissss war upon usssss.

6 Likes

Oh yeah! Please! Do it!!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s some art of the god Quetzalcoatl I found! I am looking for a humanoid form as it shows in the lore that he has a sort of half human, half snake form. I think THAT form, or something like that would be good for Moonkin. Basically take the Sethrak as they are and add some feathers to the arms, etc and some other fancy things for it and boom. Moonkin form.

More on Queztalcoatl with some neat art:

https://crow-fangs.tumblr.com/image/157409780161

Something loosely like this. But a lot more feathers and more distinction from their normal Sethrak self and the Moonkin form. Perhaps the lower half could become like the naga. Lose the legs.

Or here we go: Just not a costume!

And of course we can always revisit this: :heart:

6 Likes

Ahh! I remember seeing this reddit post.
I consider good solutions.

3 Likes

I full heartedly agree. While they donā€™t show much in game now itā€™s not that much of a stretch to see them having the class.

Love it.

Also the druid forms you linked I really like. The sand and lightning crystal idea.

Also that snek pushing the finger up is adorable.

4 Likes

So I got my surprise to share with you all today! Hershey is now a Sethrak! And all the more fitting for our mascot.

Art by DragonAsis. Theyā€™re a pleasure to work with. Made me cry. xD

:heart: :snake: :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

For Hershey! For the Sethrak! For the Alliance!

Amazing art for an amazing snake. May Hershey live on.

Sethrak for the Alliance! :snake:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic. What an amazing memorial :sob:

4 Likes

Gahhh, I know! I didnā€™t even ask for a background, and when the artist showed me the work in progress with the grave, my heart about strangled itself. :broken_heart::heart:

And then I made the mistake of looking up what poppies symbolize.

:sob:
For Hershey! For the Sethrak!

And may they become playable. :crossed_fingers::pray:

5 Likes

Very sweet, Hershey is looking wonderful!

Hopefully Sethrak can be a reality soon here :heart:

5 Likes

Amazing armor!

3 Likes

Well of course I put him in Alliance armor. :stuck_out_tongue: I want Sethrak for Alliance first.

But as always, just playable is fine!

5 Likes

Love the art! :blue_heart: :dragon_face:

4 Likes

Dragon_Asis itā€™s really very good! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another snake of the day. Not that Iā€™m doing the best job of remembering to post a snake each and every day. xD

This one is called the Dragon Snake. Has some interesting features. Maybe the knobby ridges could be a option on playable Sethrak. Theyā€™re a very interesting species. The skin and scales are more akin to a toad than your typical snake. They live in damp and cooler environments.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

5 Likes