Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

To me, your idea seems very creative.
Itā€™s less difficult than painting 40 blood elves purple to create an allied race and more believable than traveling to another planetā€™s timeline to recruit orc maghar.

5 Likes

Maybe the Gilneans could still be part of their recruitment scenario as well since they share some thematic similarities. Whole civil war thing.

2 Likes

Or perhaps, taking advantage of the Hordeā€™s scenario with regard to the vulpes, Sethraks seeks help but the horde is too busy and scattered to provide any assistance immediately, and since only sethraks have no negative perception of the alliance, so much so that we have been able to mount a based on Volā€™dum and if he had access to his temple, they ask for assistance against a threat.

There are many ways, and none of them involve as much ā€œjugglingā€ as the one used to go to Draenor AU, to recruit maghar for the horde.

1 Like

Apparently adding playable Sethrak broke the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently camping a cage spawn location with a 5 min respawn, donā€™t think Sethrak could do any more damage haha~

Why are people so obsessed with snakes that arenā€™t Naga?

1 Like

Iā€™d say Sethrak are probably the most reasonable request the alliance has come up with in a long time. Donā€™t question it.

6 Likes

Why are you obsessed with trolling this thread?

The world has many mysteries.

5 Likes

I think Ankoan are more likely than Sethrak. I just dont like the Sethrak community.

2 Likes

May I ask why you donā€™t care for the community? Or how that stipulates why Sethrak themselves shouldnā€™t be playable? That seems to be what youā€™re implying. Or I am interpreting it wrong. Most other Sethrak peeps Iā€™ve met are fine.

And well. You could just ignore us?

2 Likes

The problem with all of this is you have to jump through hoops to think of a reason, any reason, why any amount of Sethrak would ever even consider joining the Alliance. Thereā€™s just nothing there, they donā€™t need the Alliance, the Alliance doesnā€™t really need or even want them, Sethraliss is alive again, I could go on. The very real reasons for why Sethrak wouldnā€™t join anyone are as numerous as stars in the sky, while the potential, hackneyed reasons why they might join specifically only the Alliance are very few and very fanciful. Weā€™re far past the point of wishful thinking and have entered the territory of delusion.

Probably. But I prefer to call it hopeful and passionate. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Three trolls in a row wow.

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t get it.

Especially the one that insists coming into the Sethrak threads repeatedly.

I swear people seem afraid weā€™ll actually get what weā€™re requesting. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I suppose on the one hand theyā€™re not totally wrong about it being unlikely for them to join the Alliance. lol

On the other though theyā€™d make a fine addition to the Alliance, thematically, and in general. Theyā€™re not so far removed from the general Alliance morals and ethicsā€¦ Or well the Devoted anyways. Theyā€™ve got a neat general aesthetic, that would really make the Alliance feel a little more varied.

On the Horde side I feel like theyā€™d just be moreā€¦ Horde. if that makes sense. lol.

3 Likes

I actually agree with the gnome.

I mean wolf-men are okay, cat people are okay, hear me out here, I am not trolling this post, I am making a genuine attempt to make an argument as to why we should say no to snakes.

For me, in every religion throughout history, snakes have been a symbol of evil and chaos, I mean sure some twist it around to turn into a symbol of healing, life and fertility, but snakes more often than not are evil. But even if you not religious, the reality is, that our desire for power, dominance, all our fear comes from our primitive reptilian brains, so its because we are descended from reptiles that we are still having wars around the world today, as the reptile cares for nothing else other than protecting its own territory and claiming new territory, all our fears and doubts come from the fact that we evolve from evil reptiles, they are all evil I tell you, every single one of them

If they do show up in Uldum they could possibly have the Alliance have a quest chain there with them where they find they work well together too.

Maybe they could have a quest chain for the Alliance to assist them there with Wrymbane leading some force and again be assisted by Umbric.

I donā€™t know. Iā€™ll think longer on things they can do with Uldum and Sethrak/Alliance.

Itā€™d be so much easier if blizzard hadnā€™t obviously dropped quests in Volā€™dun they were clearly thinking of giving the Alliance with the Sethrak.

4 Likes

Its always nice to have a good reason for a race to join but in the end they donā€™t necessarily need one thatā€™s 100% foolproof, lore approvedā€¦ just a mostly reasonable one.

I feel like if we have races from other alternate timelines we donā€™t need a perfect reason any longer? nothing is stopping the team from writing up any scenario/reasoning they please.

Even if we donā€™t get Sethrak itā€™s good to see a lot more nonmamallian race support and suggestions, there is no reason not to have a little variety!

3 Likes

At this point I donā€™t care which faction the sethrak join.

4 Likes

None of us really do. Iā€™m just spit balling ideas.