Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I feel like ogres and sethrak a bit special in that way, they have some toxic parts in their community (high elves have it way worse though, letā€™s be real). Existing threads on it only amplifies it I think.

The one I made for forest trolls was a good choice on the basis of the community it attracted, at least imo. I feel like furbolg will be another race no one really opposes, or at least very few do, and that the community around it will be pretty cool.

2 Likes

I can do this, if you all are in approval of it. I will need a few days to flesh it out. And I will likely still reference this and link this one since there is still good discussion and information within.

I do agree that, since the OP made the thread with Alliance in mind, there is going to be a bias. And I just want the Sethrak playable. I am not truly biased towards one faction or the other.

Would you like to be co-captain?

It would be nice to have one. Cause the one thing about me generating the thread; I will not be able to double post (which I tend to do when I get hyper excited). Or nudge the thread if I am the last to have a comment.

3 Likes

100% I would support this.

3 Likes

I am in approvement. The thread could use some updating too maybe, like mentioning the priest of Sethraliss that appears in Dazarā€™alor and at Talanjiā€™s coronation.

Iā€™m totally willing to design the post, Iā€™m just not so sure about actually posting it. I can have the vast majority done within 2 hours. Iā€™d enjoy making it, so no worries about wasting my time. If thereā€™s some dialogue, from quests or dungeons and such, that youā€™d want in the post, that I wonā€™t be able to get tonight, Iā€™d have to dig for that. If thereā€™s no dialogue though, or dialogue you donā€™t already have off hand, I can have the full OP done within a few hours, and you can just toss that dialogue in and edit the post as you like before posting it.

If the thread is remade with both factions in mind, be it one section for Horde and Alliance, or humoring neutral, or both, the toxicity might calm down a bit. Or maybe itā€™ll make it worse, but that wouldnā€™t be my guess.

Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d do anything, but Iā€™m totally willing to do that. Of the non-playable races within the Horde and Alliance, sethrak are unquestionably my most wanted, and even if we include those races within their factions, sethrak are probably still my most wanted tying with Revantusk.

Ah, I see. Iā€™d definitely do that.

3 Likes

If you want to write up a mock up, go for it! If youā€™re in the Discord just message me the rough draft directly.

And then I can add in any missing points. Though I imagine youā€™ll be pretty thorough.

I did plan to have text within the post set aside for all three arguments. And I imagine it might have a good effect as well. I see so many posts of people coming in here and right off the bat itā€™s "Sethrak are a Horde race ONLY, how dare you have dreams, If only we got the Sethrak instead of X race, etc, etc)

People seem to have blinders on when they enter this thread, so I am definitely in agreeance that a more open megathread would be ideal. People are allowed to voice their opinion. It just seems that everyone has to have their teeth bared while doing it. XD

3 Likes

Iā€™m not in the disc, but I can add you directly if youā€™d like.

Iā€™ve heard some poor things about the discord. (Also not really sure what Iā€™d do in there tbh)

Example of my work:

#ShamelessSelfPlug

Come on Blizzard, Iā€™m still waiting.

I will start on this now. Whatever comes out will want editing, my forest troll thread has something like 80 edits on it (though most is formatting, I was still learning how to properly format one of those posts, very little of the edits are content). However, as my HS English classes have and continue to teach me, rough drafts are bad in comparison to finals. Past experience with threads show that same thing as well.

2 Likes

My fiance would FLIP if Furbolg ever become playable. Bears are his favourite animal. Well, top 3.

3 Likes

They can be unbending to new ideas or concepts and they are in my experience often somewhat hostile but its like most discords for races in WoW. I just lurk most of the time and try to keep out of it.

If could also just be me. Sometimes I can be a pain to live with.

2 Likes

There is someā€¦ tension to say the least.

And yeah just add me Traiyscara#1424.

Take your time. Iā€™m 27 going on 82 (not 28, lol) and go to bed SUPER early on work days/week days. In 2 hours or less. (I have serious trouble sleeping. Yay, chronic pain and insomnia!)

:snake:

Think this is amazing that weā€™re coming together to make a newer and improved thread! While taking in consideration others ideas and discussions.

4 Likes

Tells me didnā€™t work, says check capitalization, spelling, spaces, and numbers.

Zuro#0776 on my end.

I think itā€™s a bloody liar.

I sent you one.

Yours hasnā€™t appeared on my end yet, Discord might be on fire or something right now.

Discord or Bnet? Cause I sent a Bnet request LOL

OH lol

Discord. Bnet is Miao#11574

1 Like

LMAO

Carrie#7632 < Is my discord

DONā€™T MIND ME, I HAS THE DUMB.

Though apparently your Discord name is a Bnet tag too. Wonder what poor soul got my friend request. o.o

1 Like

Whenever Iā€™m not talking about WoW or some other passion Iā€™m super slow so donā€™t worry about it lol, Iā€™m the same

You can send requests to non-existing ones, I just sent one to swadqse#1234

1 Like

Of course. Another joke made with the alliance never hurts.
After all, what we had in BfA, needs to be perpetuated. More ostracism is always good for the alliance.

Well, maybe because the Horde received a lot.
But it is not in the same demoralizing situation as the alliance.
And letā€™s remember that many people play in both factions and maybe they just wanted some kind of symmetry that would benefit both factions.

Receive what we take, constantly hear the mockery, like that of your hordemate above, and perhaps, you understand.
And even if Sethraks canā€™t be in the alliance, it doesnā€™t hurt to signal to Blizzard that we could have something like that in the alliance.

That we would like something like that and not the memes that were delivered to us.

If sethraks are a playable race in the horde, I will play in the horde, where I already have a tauren hunter and 3 vulperas.

But if the result of this is another race of blood elf with dark and forced origin, other human models or another gnome, etc., being sent to the alliance to keep the joke going, then I donā€™t know what future the alliance can have, if all the options for the alliance are always to maintain the status quo.

1 Like

Oh I understand why, however I only play Horde, so Iā€™m going to contest anything the Alliance wants that I want. If Sethrak go to the Alliance, I would never ever play them and it would be a shame.

1 Like

This makes me sad.

Enjoy your side of course, but I feel like youā€™re missing half the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

And hey, if Sethrak go Horde Iā€™ll be happy.

:snake:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed any of this toxicity, feel like another thread wouldnā€™t add much, just split people.

Free to do whatever you guys wish, definitely, just donā€™t think its a subject that required a kids glove approach.

2 Likes