Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

Ok, just making sure I have all the information on hand.

So here’s an idea, The Sethrak, wishing to venture out into the world desire some protection that only the Alliance or Horde could provide for their people. The Horde having failed previously in protecting their artifacts, sours them to the Horde and not being on the best of terms with the Zandalari for them treating their home as a dumping ground for their criminals and unwanted decide to seek out the Alliance.

Now the question is, what can the Sethrak offer the Alliance in a tactical advantage? What makes a Sethrak a Sethrak? These could be answered in a recruitment questline but let’s spit ball ideas here.

6 Likes

Well since the majority of the Sethrak population lives underground this could mean its time for them to rejoin the world, and it can start with the Aqir digging into their cavern homes so their recruitment could start with them fleeing the invasion , if we get patch 8.3.5 and N’zoth attacking Azeroth, and they end up joining with with either faction they could stumble into shatter stone harbor of the Alliance or end up with Horde and Vulpera caravans.

5 Likes

What if we don’t get an 8.3.5 like the interview implies? It wasn’t a hard no, kind of a soft no. But it was still a no.

How also would we tie this into Shadowlands? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The Horde killed Mythrax anyway so there’s no reason to negatively affect their relation. On the contrary.

Also. Many prisoners were sent by Jakra’zet into Voldun because they opposed Zul.
Many focused solely on surviving. Other found refuge on Akunda’s temple. They weren’t assaulting the temple of the devoted as far as I know.

So there’s no real reason for them to reject the Horde on favor of the Alliance at all.

1 Like

This is a good argument. Hm, back to the drawing board.

Check out some of the stuff in this thread I made. MVP had some interesting ideas.

2 Likes

Or. How about this?

Sethrak approach the Horde looking for allies but the Horde declines, saying that for now their resources are stretched thin and the Vulpera have already staked their claim and worked to prove themselves. So the Sethrak look to the Alliance? Or the Horde could even suggest they speak with the Alliance.

I’m going a bit off of the Vulpera recruitment scenario here.

1 Like

No, that wouldn’t work as after the Vulpera recruitment the Vulpera remind Baine what the Horde was founded on and wouldn’t decline the offer.

For Sethrak to work with the Alliance I feel they have to find either the Horde or Zandalari poor allies when compared to the Alliance. This is entirely my opinion though.

1 Like

I am not super creative but why not find some way to involve the Sethraks strong sense of faith/spiritualism? It’s what makes them feel more Alliance to me, as opposed to the much more wild and brutish Vulpera.

Maybe it could be something as simple as a vision or somehow connecting their deity with the Light. I’m not sure though and like I said not the best writer haha~

5 Likes

That’s not the worst idea, Sethraliss doesn’t even need to be connected to the Light either for it to work.

Their faith/spiritualism is focused on Sethraliss. A loa spirit. Which puts them closer to Trolls rather than anyone on the Alliance.

True. But they’re similar to the Wild Gods so.

4 Likes

If they were to go to the Alliance I think Blizz would need to add a short quest chain possibly with Wyrmbane and Umbric assisting the Sethrak post war. Umbric doing so because their magic is a curiosity he wants to know more of and Wyrmbane… I don’t know maybe the Sethrak are assisting the Alliance pulling out of Vol’dun.

This chain would have to show the Sethrak that the alliance is a worthwhile ally to have and show the alliance that the Sethrak have somethign to bring to the table. Perhaps it can even include bringing the Faithless back into the fold formally.

After wards the Sethrak decide, “hey that working with outsiders thing has been really helpful for us recently. Lets try expanding our horizons, not with conquest, but alongside the powers already out there.”
So they naturally approach the Horde who helped them immensely during the war.
While the Horde is willing to accept them, the addition of the Faithless to their ranks again ruffles feathers. Talanji is annoyed that the horde would consider adding the faithless who attacked Zuldazar and intended to conquer the world. Meanwhile Nisha is a bit annoyed that the Faithless slavers are being brought along.
These two’s anger causes the Horde to reconsider the Sethrak as allies and turns them away for now.

The Sethrak are put off by this, and instead decide screw it. Lets try those Alliance chaps who helped us recently. (adding the Faithless back in formally with an alliance quest chain is important here) Especially since they helped to reintroduce the Faithless to the Devoted’s ranks.
They journey to Stormwind and have an audiance with King Wrynn, who at first is unsure what the Sethrak could offer the Alliance.
Wyrmbane speaks up on their behalf, telling of their help in Vol’dun, and their obviosly strong warriors. Umbric speaks up on their behalf and says that their magics are unique and would prove invaluable to the Alliance. Plus he points out that the Alliance has accepted odder groups (the void elves) to their ranks before.

Anduin considers this and decides, yes the Sethrak can join the alliance.

I know this is FAR from perfect, but it does kinda work. The main issue is really how little the Alliance interacts with the Sethrak. They would have to introduce a questline of some sort to give the Sethrak and allaince some inkling to how they can help one another.

13 Likes

This is the best scenario currently that would make them Alliance in my opinion.
Thank you for this written scenario. Let’s hope we see something revealed in either this patch or the pre-patch to shadowlands with the pre-expansion event.

4 Likes

Hurry, try to sum that up in 500 characters and submit it as an in game suggestion. xD

Also, I like this idea. And it could feed into Sethraliss having been to SLs later down the line. Which I think could be another bonus for Alliance bringing the Sethrak into their ranks.

1 Like

I appreciate you saying so. I do hope something like this comes about.
Honestly I’m a bit disillusioned with Blizzard right now and have many doubts they’d do anything.

I suspect if I tried Blizzard would just be confused on what I was trying to say. :stuck_out_tongue:

and aye, you could easily have this tie into SLs later. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Also, I wonder if we’ll see those Sethrak npcs that were datamined on the 8.3 PTR in these daily events/daily quests. :thinking:

5 Likes

The Nightborne received back those who sided with Elisande, according to Thalyssra. And most recently the Horde received back Sylvanas loyalists. Forgive mistakes and build strength in unity appears to be the Horde’s new policy these days. So I don’t see how welcoming back those Faithless is going to disuade the Horde leadership from accepting Sethrak.

1 Like

Maybe so. Maybe not.

As I said, this was a possible scenario for them joining the Alliance. It was merely the best one I could come up with given how little the Alliance does with the Sethrak.

Also I’m not in any way opposed to them on the Horde instead. I just want Sethrak Playable. I just think it’d be nice for the Alliance to get the cool weird race this time.

Forgiveness is an important trait to have especially given the Horde’s recent history. They’d be a in a bad way if they tried to hold their grudges with one another. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I hope so, as it would be a disaster to leave abandoned sethraks worthless, when it is apparent that they are a breed that attracts a lot of interest and use the worgen model and could easily be put into play, since since the beginning of BfA, We saw that they also received some attention from Blizzard as well as vulperas.

I mean, blizz has a good chance of doing something that will help lessen the rancid feeling that Bfa is leaving players with if they introduce another race with a unique model. A new model that arouses huge interest from players.

6 Likes