Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Or they can send sethraks to horde.
At this point in history, the most important thing is that sethraks are not abandoned as simple npcs to be forgotten in BfA. :snake:

As for Alliance, just take a paper gnome.
No oneā€™s going to think itā€™s bad. :sleeping:

2 Likes

I have several pet snakes! I love them all but my favourite is Hershey, my Eastern Hognose. :heart:

Sunglows are beautiful, though Iā€™m more of a fan of natural colors rather than morphs. That being said I do like Moonglows. And my pet Ball Python is a morph. :joy: Sheā€™s a mystic potion. Look them up, theyā€™re cool.

They do sort of have an albino colored Sethrak already. Although I donā€™t think they have any pattern like most albinos do. I would change their eyes to blue, to make them leceustic. (Patternless, white animal with blue/black eyes. Occurs in humans too just like albinism!). Or add some pale patterning to make them albino. :grinning:

All in all, Iā€™d be content with what they already have for Sethrak if additional patterns are not doable. Maybe just some face markings? Look at Worgen, their fur patterns are kind of lack luster but thatā€™s fine! (Biggest thing with Worgen, is I wish we could change the color of their ruff/head fluff/hair since their TRUE form is the beast form. Maybe weā€™ll see that with the core race customization)

5 Likes

Hoodless options would be nice. Or a choice to ā€œhood upā€ so to speak. Cobras and other elapids (and other species with a hood of sorts such as hognose snakes) do not always flare their hood.

And different face/snout shapes would be nice. Sethrak currently have a very viperid feel to their face. Specifically pitvipers.

Perhaps add:

Hognose (Turned up snout)
Cobra/Elapid
Python/Boa
Colubrid (Gartersnake, Kingsnake, Cornsnake)

All of these have distinct head and snout shapes and are commonly recognized even by people who arenā€™t snake crazy like some of us here.

Also, I love that name. :joy: Its amazing.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if thereā€™s anyone here who still remembers this snake but, it was the first snake I saw that had no negative qualities attributed to its nature.

And sheā€™s almost as old as me!
1 Like

Iā€™ve been wanting to own another snake but I also really want a red tegu so once my little pup passes on Iā€™m going to get one, apparently they donā€™t like small animals.

I suppose I could keep a snake as well but I have limited time so I want to make sure the animals I choose to pick up get more than enough time and attention.

I really love the leceustic dudes, with blue eyes especially! There are a million patterns they can play with and thatā€™s just considering actually existing ones, with the freedom of being able to make up their own other worldy patterns too the only limit is time and creativity.

3 Likes

I got some news that Sethrak npcs have been datamined in 8.3! Nothing clear as to their purpose but itā€™s a good start! It keeps Sethrak current and in my opinion shows Blizzard is aware of the love and excitement for them. :heart:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-should-sethrak-be-an-allied-race-8-3-and-beyond/379531?u=nadezhdha-proudmoore

^ And please feel free to show your support on a secondary thread I made to keep up interest with where we are at currently! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Awesome! I hope theyā€™re there for alliance to work with them and get them on our side.

2 Likes

All I saw on WoWhead was ā€œSethrak Combatantā€. Which is VERY vague. No known location either. I find it really intriguing.

1 Like

That is immensely vague. Lol! Eh hope is hope. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lmao. But yes, hope is hope.

Only thing I can draw from something that obscure is that it doesnā€™t specify Faithless or Devoted. Just Sethrak. Could mean absolutely nothing though.

Iā€™m just happy that it seems Sethrak arenā€™t just going to be dumped off at 8.0/8.1.

1 Like

Combatant could be a guard NPC in one of the new incursion zones. Perhaps the connection with Uldum Accord weā€™ve been hoping for?

3 Likes

Definitely a possibility. Could be Faithless fugitives as well. Which could still tie into things in favor of Sethrak AR.

3 Likes

Off to class soon and by the time i get back, my sub time will have expired and i may not be able to post (again).

Just wanted to throw out one last post saying keep up the good fight. Iā€™ll still be keeping tabs on sethrak until itā€™s clear weā€™re not getting them. Hopefully iā€™ll return someday, and hopefully that day is soon.

keep up the good fight, and praise Sethrallis! :snake:

edit: yep, no game time = no more posting. i can edit, but thatā€™s it. Good luck, guys!

edit #2: This is way later (Jan 29), but i refuse to resub just to post on the forums, so hopefully some sethrak enthusiast is scrolling through past posts and sees this.

As stated many times before, I have no problems with Sethrak going horde, but if anyone says ā€œthey canā€™t go alliance because of all the horde has done for them,ā€ i offer this rebuttal:

• The vulpera are now officially part of the horde.
  • Vorrik expressed interest in reuniting his people (meaning the faithless would rejoin the devoted)
  • The vulpera and/or the horde as a whole could be very much against the enemies that fought and enslaved their brethren being ā€˜forgivenā€™ and allowed to rejoin sethrak society
  • The alliance has recently had a bunch reunifications within various races, some of which were even viewed as ā€˜evilā€™ factions, but have since proven they can put aside their differences and work together: Bronzebeard and Darkiron (who were considered evil until just recently); Stormwind, Gilneas, and Kul Tiras (All of which agree that theyā€™ve all made mistakes in the past, but are stronger together), And even the NElves might regret -not- reuniting with the nightborne, as it has proven to be a huge mistake, pushing a powerful group to side with their enemy.
  • Because of all this, the alliance might be much more sympathetic to the Sethraksā€™ plight
  • minor thing, but why would Blizz write the Alliance saving Vorrik and the Horde saving Serrik (and not vice versa), when it is Vorrik that ultimately ends up as the leader of the Sethrak? If things are as some Horde Players might suggest, and Blizz only added the Alliance quest as breadcrumbs to get some dailies, then why give the Alliance correspondence with the more important of the two good Sethrak leaders?
3 Likes

ssssssssssssssseeee ya!

-snakeboi

2 Likes

Weā€™ll keep the idea alive. :snake:

Until next time!

5 Likes

Sethrak sethrak sethrak!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve meant to point out that this Rattlesnake is FAT. :joy:

Pudgy rattlesnakes are hilarious.

2 Likes

Any pudgy snake is amazing.

2 Likes

Honestly I think itā€™d be neat if Sethrak females were thick and curvy. Big hips and thighs at least. As one body option. Thicker and shorter tail without a rattle. The chest could remain relatively the same since snakes do not have mammalian mammary glands.

Would be a different way of showing the sexual dimorphism between the males and females. And would give them a feminine feel.

But androgynous would be fine.

There are plenty of women out there that lack a defined bosom. Or letā€™s talk about women who have had mastectomies for various reasons.

Bust does not define a woman.

3 Likes

I would love that.

2 Likes