Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Besides the fact that Sethrak are just cool af, they compliment whatever side they would go to because they are so unique. There are too many elves and human types running around. There should be more diversity to choose from in a fantastical world. I would love for them to go to the Horde because thatā€™s what I play, for the most part, but that would be kind of selfish of me to be making any requests. I have said before, I think they should go to the Alliance because I really believe they would attract more players to their dwindling ranks. :wink::snake::pray:t2:

9 Likes

I never thought of it like this. :o Youā€™re right! Regardless of who they go to, though, I am ready!

9 Likes

thank you for the correction xD my brain is tired todayā€¦

1 Like

Oh I didnā€™t think you meant humanoids :sweat_smile: eitherway, I wanted to chime in on the thread havenā€™t checked on it in a while, and I havenā€™t heard much about Sethrak since after 8.0 any news about them?

1 Like

oh I actually did :stuck_out_tongue: alliance is essentially flavors of humans: normal, short and stout, midget, long-eared, cursed, thicc, dark-absorbed longeared

the only alliance race that is remotely different than anything else on the faction is the draenei xD;

would love something more on the alliance to make it really feel like a fantasy game <3

8 Likes

Quoting from the Vulpera mega thread. It is sound Advice and we should probably do the same.

:snake: :heart: :fox_face:

8 Likes

you can trust that I will certainly help in staving off any unwanted behaviors and defend our sethrak until otherwise proven against us~

There will certainly be salt if things go as we hope, or if not, then I will be respectful as I always try to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m coming in about a hundred years late here but Iā€™d totally play a Sethrak rogue

5 Likes

better late than never! And sethrak rogue would be very fitting~ any ideas on names? ^^

1 Like

Oh man, nameā€™s always the hardest part for me. Iā€™ve spent hours on a name before haha

Maybe Belyx

Sort of playing with oxybelis, the genus of the American vine snake

ā€¦ maybe not the most creative but hey

1 Like

well I had ideas for mine as well, being a priest and what notā€¦but all versions of the name I had gone for were taken xD;

Asclepius was the name I tried for and many different spellingsā€¦itā€™s the medical staff with the two snakes coiling around it :stuck_out_tongue: but it saddened my that it was taken on my server ;~;

3 Likes

The Naga are more serpentine than the Sethrak, and their females still have hips and breasts. Regardless, they would make a cool playable race.

But naga came from elves!
Both had a dimorphism and kept similarities to their original shapes!
Sethraks do not necessarily need this, and it would be one more factor of distinction of the race, in relation to the others!

PS.: If I could do a sethrak rogue, it would be called Quickstryke! :snake:

Not that much to their original shapes, given that a body feature both sexes had ā€“ legs ā€“ disappeared. Surely limbs for locomotion are more keep-worthy than secondary mammalian sex characteristics in a reptilian.

Still, I see your point.

PS: That would be an excellent name. Maybe make a rogue to hold it, cuz, well, you never know.
Actually, excuse me a moment ā€¦

retreats to new character button

1 Like

AHAHAHAHAHAH!! :laughing:

Fortunately, I kept the best ones for my use, in case sethraks can actually be used by the players!

Shame you canā€™t have two names for characters like you can on FF14 and other games, would make a Priest or Shaman (Paladin if its an option) and call them Set Serpentus.

1 Like

No new ARs in 8.2 per the Q&A.

They are saying they are looking at feedback for the BFA races which means Vulpera and Sethrak. I hope they realize how poorly received Junkgnomes are though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t think he was being coy and that the new ARs would be 8.2.5 either. The way he came off seems like we may be done with ARs until the end of the expansion, though thatā€™s speculation.

1 Like

that was my thoughts. If we get any more ARs this expac, theyā€™re likely to be similar to the originals, being pre-order bonuses or something. Iā€™ll hold out for news of sethrak, but this news has pretty much confirmed iā€™m not coming back to the game this expansion.

3 Likes