Unofficial Playable Vrykul Discussion Thread

That’s why I suggest as neutral race for the both side. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some Horde races don’t fit well in the Horde too but they are in the Horde so I think everything is possible. :smile:

I would like to see them neutral, it would be the best option: one clan for the Alliance and one clan for the Horde.

I think Saberon could be better in the Horde side.

Instead of Saberon I prefer to see Broken or Mogu for the Alliance. Or Jinyu, it could work too.

1 Like

I think we have enough furies in the game.

Elephant people for Alliance.

Would make an awesome shaman.

I love that! I love shoveltusks, and having it as an element for a moonkin form is such a great idea!

2 Likes

I’ll never know why so many people want to play humans so much in a fantasy setting

1 Like

'Cause in real life I can’t swing a gigantic Maul and use the holy light.

The human race is amazing in real life, even better in a fantasy world.

2 Likes

Heck yeah! Give me the Vrykul! I love them and I want them.

It would be a hard toss up between keeping my toons as Worgen or swap to Vrykul.

3 Likes

Nah, just the Horde. Vrykul would never let a human king take charge of them. The Horde council would be a better choice. Plus, the Horde need a human-like race that not undead.

Like who, the Vulperas? They didn’t at first, than the Alliance gotten Mechgnomes. After that, we accepted the Vulperas because we could’ve have something far worsts like the Alliance did. Other than them, everyone else fits the Horde just fine.

Vrykul by lore and nature, don’t see themselves as human. So why would the Vrykul even join the Alliance, which is ruled by humans? They wouldn’t! It’s like a notorious biker gang joining the police force instead a biker club like the Horde. I just don’t see them serving the Alliance in blue and gold. :unamused:

Will you’re wrong! The lore between the Saberons and Mag’hog Orcs are the reason why Saberons should join the Alliance. MH Orcs use to (and some still do) sacrifice Saberons for their hearts just for scared rituals.

Yeah right! Like anyone wants to play as a fish person or a withered version a draenei. And the Mogu joining the Alliance would be flat out ridiculous.

If we do get any new allie races, I really hope this is want we get:

Alliance: Tuskarr and Saberon
Horde: Gnoll and Vrykul

-Don’t want anymore furry races in WoW.
-Ask for a furry race for WoW!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I would love vrykul as well. But think one of the main reasons that they aren’t added is because well, they are giants. They are freaking tall.

Taller than the tallest race and they have issues with going through doors and having really big mounts as is. Now imagine a race being 1.5X the height as a tauren. Yeeaaahh, don’t think it’ll work out well.

You’ll see a lot of posts here of people complaining about how they can’t go through doors

2 Likes

I don’t know what is the problem with neutral, you will get your Horde Vrykul at the end of the process. :smile:

Lore is made by Bliz so they can easily change this. These Saberon are on Horde territories (Kalimdor) so only the Horde can help them not the Alliance.

We got Blood Elves with Orcs, Trolls and Forsaken in the same side. We got Nightborne with Trolls and Zandalari Trolls in the same side. We got Goblins and Zandalari Trolls in the same side. We got Pandaren and Zandalari Trolls in the same side. So it’s not a problem to get Saberon and Mag’har Orcs in the same side. Horde welcomes everyone as you can see it. :smiley:

“If you want to play a human-like race, the Alliance is waiting for you.” :joy:

On a more serious note, Alterac Humans could be in the Horde. Some of them were allied with the old Horde.

People want them so I don’t know what they would be out of the playable race

With the good story it could work pretty well and I find they fit well with the Alliance for some clans

Yes you are right, they are very tall so it can be a problem.

It could a solution with the Zandalari size but not the best option, I can understand it very well.

I see many posts about the Tauren but strangly nothing about Zandalari Trolls. Maybe their size could be the best for the Vrykul as playable race, I say maybe.

We don’t want that. Cat People and Bunny People are enough for us.

With the blizzcon coming in two days, maybe we will get some things about the titans. Maybe we will get more Vrykul things in this expansion. With a expansion about Avaloren, we could get more for Vrykul because Odyn sent three unsuccessful expeditions with Vrykul on this land. Let’s see if we will get more things for Vrykul in two days.

1 Like

What we know now is that any race is up for AR treatment regardless of similarity to the old races.

Vrykul should be a full AR.

3 Likes

Feel like all they had to do was say

“Kul Tirans have Vrykul ancestry”

• then give Kul Tirans Fat and Lean (still lots of muscle) options

They are immediately relatable - it’s pretty simple why Humans and Elves are the most picked options of fantasy games

With the rework of the Northrend in The Last Titan, we will get more things about the Vrykul of this continent. It could be the perfect opportunity to give us Vrykul as playable race.

I see the Vrykul of this continent (Vrykul of Dragonflayer) with the Horde because they don’t like humans and it’s the old Ymiron’s kingdom. So they could become playable for the Horde. But the Tideskorn Vrykul could join the fight in Northrend for the Alliance. So they could become a playable race for the Alliance. We could get two distinct clans for each side.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that Tyr has returned and was a major patron for many Vrykul. That could play a role in them joining the fight as well.

3 Likes

With The Last Titan expansion, I really curious to know what they want to do for the Vrykul of Northrend. Maybe we will get new Vrykul allies with if the titans come back on Azeroth.

3 Likes

Really? Human 4.0?

Yes, it would be awesome, but a horde panda wouldnt understand

1 Like

I discovered Vrykul with WotLK and I liked their lore. When I discovered the Tideskorn vrykul and the valarjar, I liked them more. So I would like to get them as playable race to expand their lore.
I really hope we will get more lore for the Dragonflayer clan in TLT.

Imgur
(Vrykul Shieldmaiden - by Lucia Massucco)

5 Likes