Unofficial Playable Gnolls Thread

Yes, Hogger is deceased now. However his tribe, the Riverpaw Pack, is now lead by Jango Spothide. There are lots of named Gnolls but as far as friendly I believe Sayge, the seer at the Darkmoon Faire, is the only friendly one. However there is lots of info about how Gnolls can be allies, traded with, etc. Heck Captain Ripflesh leads his mercenary band the Blackpaw Mercenaries which were hired to attack places in Pandaria. So it’s not like they are unintelligent.

If Blizz wanted to educate them a bit them being in close proximity to Azerite could cause them to become a bit more intelligent. This is how the first Elves came to from Trolls being around the Well of Eternity. I’m not saying a direct transformation would happen like it did to the elves but in the short term it could make an entire tribe or tribes of Gnolls more intelligent.

1 Like

Kajamite right? That could definitely make Gnolls more intelligent.

Or Azerite. Thats what caused the Well of Eternity to have Trolls become Elves.

1 Like

Agreed. The formation of the human alliance, the precursor to the contemporary Alliance, was to combat the threat of Hogger’s predecessor.

1 Like

I mean… yes and no. Yeah they could join the horde as they’ve fought the alliance for territory in the Eastern Kingdoms. However Gnolls respect strength and as the alliance has defeated their leaders multiple times they would be more likely to form an alliance with them.

2 Likes

So for anyone in the DF Beta, what are the Gnolls like? Any quests that give more info on them?

After being in the DF Beta I very much hope to see Gnolls as a playable race in the future. I’m not sure if the Giggle Goggles are some forshadowing of playable Gnolls or not? It’s a engineering recipe and it makes everyone look like Gnolls. Also, seeing all the options for different kind of Gnolls made me think its a possibility they could be playable.

We need more love for the Giggle Bois. :frowning:

I’ve been seeing people using pickpocket and items to run around as gnolls on alliance side. This is pretty cool. Love to see more of that.

Not until we get a cat race first, or some other animal.

This would be the 3rd dog-like race, and yes I’m counting Vulpera since they bark or yip or whatever.

I’m kind of annoyed that Meatball doesn’t look like Meatball anymore, just a generic gnoll.

3 Likes

That’s not true from the model I saw of meatball?

I was on a character in Legion content who has Meatball as a bodyguard. He has an entirely new appearance. I don’t even think I saw him yell “Meatball hungry!” and turn the mob into a rib roast.

1 Like

I think a good pairing for Gnolls would be Gnolls vs Quilboar.

Horde could recruit Gnolls who have a hostile relationship with Stormwind and the Alliance could recruit the Quilboar who have a hostile relationship with Orgimmar.

All i want is alliance gnoll warlocks.
Ill never ask for anything ever again.
Okay that last bit was a lie but i still want it to happen.

1 Like

Signing off that I’d be enthusiastic for Gnolls as a playable race.

1 Like

And murlocs too.

1 Like

Think Gnolls would be a perfect allied race for the Worgen slot on Alliance.

Also can people please stop saying “BUT HOGGER” an entire race is not one person…
Alliance was literally hostel with Void Elves, Worgen, Dark Iron and yes, Night Elves at one point.

I would like gnolls to be from the alliance and to be Rogue class and laugh while I stab my enemy
Edit: Make it impossible possible blizz

Looks pretty cool tbh. I’d love a rogue or warrior class for these. Maybe, warlock?! What about the female versions? That artwork looks amazing, especially the middle one. Those lopsided expressions. Looking wonky, crazy. Much like an unstable factor ready to kill you the next moment! :laughing: