Unofficial Playable Gnolls Thread

Need a “unofficial” playable gnolls thread.
Any ideas from anyone else?
Heres the lore I could find on them so far:

I’d think Classes would be: Warrior, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Hunter, Warlock. Maybe Mage too simply because all races are getting Rogue, Priest and Mage now except dracthyr of course , not sure if any others make sense? Mage doesn’t make sense but with the giving all races Warrior, Rogue, Priest and Mage…

Unsure on a race leader as well. Are there any notable friendly Gnolls? Only one I can think of so far is the seer at Darkmoon Faire? Hogger isn’t friendly to any faction, plus isn’t he dead now?

28 Likes

Says they aren’t very bright but haven’t there been more than enough ones who were intelligent enough to pose a threat? hogger is the obvious one but there have been others and Dragonflight will focus on them.

4 Likes

Meatball! The true loyal and only worthy follower to have back in WOD.

5 Likes

There’s Yowler too and all the other Yowlers.

3 Likes

Gnolls would more than likely be Horde, what with all the problems Hogger and them have inflicted on the Alliance.

6 Likes

Tauren, Forsaken, and Blood Elves all have had run ins with Gnolls as well.

If anything they would be neutral, like a mercenary race that both factions have hired.

4 Likes

I just can’t see Alliance ever allowing Gnolls in their ranks because of Hogger and the other Gnolls in the forest around Stormwind. Then there’s the Redridge ones too.

3 Likes

It could be interesting with a intro quest being in Forest around Goldshire…

4 Likes

Hunter for sure.
You could probably make a statement for Druid as well.
I think all races can technically be DKs and Monks as well if we simply use that argument, and with how they stretched the lore to include allied races there is no real reason they couldn’t be.

2 Likes

I forgot about Hunter class. Yeah Hunter too. However not all races can be DKs since Dracthyr wont be able to. A Gnoll DK would look pretty darn cool and scary too.

2 Likes

Been waiting for playable Gnolls since 2006. I’ll keep holding out hope until I can finally be the Gnoll I was always mesnt to be.

I guess when that day comes I’ll be a furry too.

6 Likes

True, I forget about Dracthyr. But they are an exception in all cases as they can only be a single class.

1 Like

Give us gnolls. We don’t need more elves.

7 Likes

Need more Gnoll love. Gnolls would have tails so the “Give Worgen Tails” people should like Gnolls.

4 Likes

Love the new Gnolls coming to DF.

They look like Worgen who snorted pure caffeine and then dunked their head in ice cold water so they can stay up for a week straight, it’s hilarious.

4 Likes

It would be a nice idea. Seeing the story from the point of view of the Gnolls… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pure wisdom! :slight_smile:

Quite literally, gnolls actually managed to raid stormwind at some point.

2 Likes

Gnolls would be neat, especially with the new models in DF - Don’t know how likely that would ever be but if you really want to push for them putting time and effort into promoting them goes a long way. We had a vulpera thread around here for the longest time that got quite large and had a plethora of theories and ideas piled into it till they became allied race confirmed.

Keep in mind that Blizzard took a race that looked down on everyone and everything, are proponents of racial supremacy, think of the undead as abominations, have an extreme hatred of Elves, and turned them into willing Horde lapdogs that served an undead elven warchief. so anything is possible

2 Likes