Unofficial Dracthyr - Q&A [With Sources] *UPDATED 05/07*

Playability, are you referring to the restriction in classes?

Yep I can get behind the class being restricted to the race but locking a race out of other classes and therefore out of certain roles still has me dumbfounded.

I honestly and sincerely believe it’s just temporary. Like according to the lore they’ve been closed off from the rest of the world on the Dragon Isles, all they know is what they were made to be.

Even the developers said “In the future might they learn to pick up an axe and become a warrior? It’s a possibility but for the time being they are strictly evokers.”

There’s no way however they could ever be Death Knights. That would be stretching the lore to ridiculous proportions. [Not that that hasn’t already happened many times in some areas…]

Yeah but I’ve been around and seen enough down the lines to know it’s just to placate people. Look at all the missing heritage armors. And even then that Lore is just what they say it is, we don’t have years of build up to this lore or any indication about prior to now. So it’s just as mutable, and it would have made just as much lore sense for DW to have had actual variation in his perfect army one would think.

And even if they mean down the road and really intended for it, that still leaves plenty of us wondering when we can main the new race and still keep doing what we do for our main guild roles. Do I have to wait till 11.0 is it going to be in 12? I mean we still have 2 non-allied races that can’t even monk yet.

THIS THREAD IS GREAT THANK YOU

Wait so they can’t fly the normal way but also they’re their own flying mount? That makes no sense. That and the class thing really annoy me. Like they’re not going to let us really fly on them, and we can’t even use upgraded dragon riding abelite’s on them at present, AND they don’t get a mount? Can someone please tell Blizzard part of the fantasy of playing a dragon is FLYING as one?

1 Like

From what we know they “might” be able to demonhunter glide anywhere like a DH.
We do know that they can use the basic version of Dragonriding without a mount.
For more intensive manuvers they will need a mount to our knowledge.
They can use a mount but have to be in visage form while doing so.
As for now no mention has been made of them being able to fly like a normal flying mount to my knowledge.

1 Like

Ha too bad they didn’t have the question about transomg option in the future for darcthyr

They can fly but it’s not the same kind of flying as in normal flying mounts, but it was referred to as self-empowered flight in this way in that I guess they are their own flying mount.

I call it a lazy deal. I would still love to have a specific flying mount for the Dracthyr. Maybe some kind of proto-drake relating to the primalists on the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

Reading about “Dragonflight” ability, I believe it would be accurate to call it Flying+. That’s why they’ve talked about enabling the basic dragon flight abilities outside of the Dragon Isles in the future. As this is the dracthyr’s flight ability, they will, “be their own flying mounts,” outside of the Dragon Isles. If you want the upgradable dragonflight abilities, your dracthyr will have to get that drake mount that is unique and only usable on the dragon isles.

This is my understanding of the presented information in the expansion at this time.

Awesome consolidation of dracthyr information!

1 Like

This thread has not been updated for many months. Some of it’s content may be outdated. It is also receiving no further updates regarding that Beta is now out and many can experience first hand the Dracthyr for themselves with lots of videos on YT. This was posted before the Alpha.