Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

By the embassy in Orgrimarr there is still the Venthyr music playing at all times. It’s not a coincidence

1 Like

I know that is a thing.

Though tbh I actually might get salty about Kyrian becoming playable. They’re just more humans. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’ll be salty over any of them being playable.

The dead races being involved in the living world just seems bad to me. Especially when we have many races in the living world right now that people have wanted for years.

5 Likes

This is true.

I really don’t want any of them. :woman_shrugging:

I want my cute snake people. :snake: And let the other requested Azeroth races be so as well.

5 Likes

I crave a snakey race. You have no idea how fast I would race change my characters, they are just too precious.

Maybe if we take the same approach as Helf-ers, we’ll get 'em. :eyes:

4 Likes

Let’s be respectful and keep it in our thread.

Helf threads are very aggressive and we don’t need that.

6 Likes

That’s true. But they were persistent and that can do a lot!

4 Likes

We’re one of the most active AR threads and Sethrak still show as highly requested. I think we’ll do fine.

We are persistent.

5 Likes

I have been a massive Sethrak advocater (pest) on Twitter today and yesterday.

I warned them I was gonna be relentless until Blizzcon is over.

There’s lots of people tweeting about wanting them playable. I retweet and tag Blizz in it.

I promised I’d calm down a bit once Sunday rolls around. :snake:

6 Likes

This OP is incredibly good. Makes such a strong case for these as a playable race.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be happy either. Especially after Blizzard stated they considered all races with two legs for allied race status in BfA, that they would potentially make beings from the afterlife of all things who came out of nowhere and are involved in the life/death cycle become playable and join a war/feud/kerfuffle between living races in a particular plane of existence makes no sense to me at all.

And not to mention this:

When we have several races in the living world that would love to get on that character creation screen and get expanded lore, cultures, and be involved in neat storylines just waiting for that chance to be something more. Several races that people have wanted playable for a long time (Sethrak, Saurok, Ogres, San’layn, Kelfin, Arakkoa, and more!). I would much prefer to see them playable as opposed to cosmic forces, such as beings from the afterlife of all things.

My own personal preference is that the residents of the Shadowlands stay in the Shadowlands. Just my own personal opinion, of course.

Lets get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

10 Likes

Well nothing on Allied Races in the QnA.

But I did see a LOT of questions about Sethrak. And not just by me. :laughing:

So that is important. They know we still want them.

As always, playable Sethrak please!

:snake::pray:

8 Likes

Sure would’ve been nice to see at least SOMETHING related to ARs in the QnA, but nope.

Give playable Snek!

5 Likes

I am not surprised. In general, Blizzard uses Q&A to talk about things that Blizzard considers important.
And rarely, something that players really have an interest in.

Anyway, we are doing our part.
And that is the least we can do!

HAHAHA

I hope we never really have to reach that extreme.

4 Likes

Considering the customization debacle, I think we can safely assume that Blizzard has no idea what we want :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I am going to go with no news is good news with this.

They got an answer. We have not.

So continue to show your love for Sethrak. :blush: Don’t give up.

You cannot kill hope. :wink:

Despite everything I still have a weird and good feeling about the future of the Sethrak. Probably just me being hopeful. But time will tell.

6 Likes

My own opinion is that the earliest we could see new races could be in the next expansion. It is hard for me to see any new races during Shadowlands currently, since we’re off in the afterlife beating up the Jailer’s mooks, but you never know what’ll happen.

I’m still planning to continue my support for Ogres and Saurok, and will of course help support Sethrak still. Blizzard did mention wanting to get feedback on the forums…which, while I don’t really trust that entirely, it still means that having support of some kind is better than silently hoping. Granted, Blizzard will need to do some serious and meaningful things long term until I can believe them.

Regardless, I’ll continue to keep hope. In the meantime, let’s continue to work together to get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

6 Likes

This is where I’m at. Next expansion or very tail end of Shadowlands.

I’ll admit it is getting exasperating. I could go play ESO, which has an actual reptile race. Sethrak are far better IMO. But… they’re not playable!

Atleast I can play an Argonian.

I love WoW. It’s the game I want to play. But they really need to add a race I want and relate with. I want to play a Sethrak in WoW.

Please, Blizzard.

7 Likes

The best TES race.

6 Likes

I do love the Argonians.

If WoW doesn’t shape up and give me my playable Sethrak I just might ditch it for awhile to go play my Argonian.

Someone on Twitter was discussing Sethrak with me and they said the Sethrak are probably one of the most unique races Blizzard has come up with. And they’re not wrong.

And they also agreed they ought to be playable.

9 Likes