Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I would stop with the whole Botani thing. Saberon are savage beasts and belong on the Horde and I can already hear the QQ: Horde gets cool cat people and Alliance get leaf humans :tired_face::laughing:

1 Like

Sarberon are ā€˜ā€˜savageā€™ā€™ tribal creature which in my honest opinion would mesh rather well with the horde overall.

And let be honest, Horde having cat people would be perfect counter to alliance worgen aka dog people.^^

8 Likes

Theyā€™re smarter than people give them credit. Theyā€™re not mere beasts.

Sure but you could still have that competition like setup if theyā€™re both on Alliance.

2 Likes

This is a great, highly detailed thread. Iā€™d love Saberon, if they were put on alliance Iā€™d actually have something I like on that faction too, but it might be a bit jarring for them to be there (even despite the logo of that faction being a lion lol).

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the part where they learned how to use nets and bows to take down the Arrakoa.

Gave those birdmen a right scare. Imagine if all the tribes of Saberon had united against those arrogant arak.

1 Like

Saberon would overall just be a great addition to the playable races within WoW, Blizzard seems to have given us some of the races weā€™ve been wanting, so Iā€™m hoping they keep it upā€¦ As of right now saberon are something I am REALLY hoping for after Shadowlands, heck maybe during although I do think thatā€™d be a bit odd. However, if the Horde get the saberon, the Alliance will need something cool in return, because letā€™s be honest (and this is coming from someone who while does play both factions, mains Alliance) we got some crappy races. Truth be told the only races I like on the alliance, are the worgen, dwarves, and nightelves, the rest are meh.

2 Likes

I still believe saberon make more sense on horde. And yes I agree that they need something great in return. My personal suggestion are the Ethereals. Other suggestions are the Botani and Arakkoa.

1 Like

I did find a list of all the current Saberon tribes in the game on Wowpedia. You can find it here, which should take you directly to the Tribes section:

Even though I do lean more towards Alliance for Saberon, Iā€™d be happy with playable Saberon regardless of what faction they would be put on. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

OP Lore is a nightmare on the worgen tails thread, but he is 100% right here, Saberon should definitely be a race, and added to the horde. They would be perfect rivals to the worgen.

There are rumors that saberon models for male and female are completed and ready to go. I hope we do indeed see them someday soon.

2 Likes

silently prays to the gaming gods that these rumors are true

Hoping my hopes arenā€™t going up for nothing, if these rumors are true then OOSOME!!

1 Like

My heart primarily resides with the Ethereals, but Saberon are a close second. If anyone has any ideas for what race suggestion thread I should make next feel free to throw them my way.

1 Like

Werenā€™t you considering Arrakoa?

Iā€™m sure youā€™d get a few hits there. I know for fact there is a community about them.

Also Saberon for the players! :lion:

2 Likes

Saberon are rad, we need more big tailed races.

2 Likes

The only problem I see is I donā€™t know who would take them in since blozz doesnā€™t want another neutral race. I guess they tend to harass the horde more than the alliance, but it could be like the darkspear where thereā€™s like one good guy tribe, that would make sense for horde at least, as well as give a cats v dogs horde v alliance thing.

1 Like

Iā€™ll certainly do Arakkoa next, likely on Sunday evening/night or Monday morning.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re relatively open in that regard. Especially since we know little of the ones who came through with the Magā€™har.

Really it could go either way which is fine.

My personal wish I think would be Alliance.

But I wonā€™t be upset if they end up Horde.

3 Likes

Giving a bump, would love this so much.

2 Likes

Curious question, for anyone on this forum, if Saberon were to become an allied race, what would you hope to see in their heritage armor, or mount? silently tries to remember the other question he had Also, lore or culture wise what would be your hopes with it? Think this could be an interesting topic to discuss here :>

I kinda have a weird idea about that.
I donā€™t think they really have much of a culture to work with, but you could do something different and make a racial story about them forming one. Maybe you could do story segments about them trying to learn and adapt from their allies, see what works, discard what doesnā€™t, and create something that suits them over time. Having a culture grow and evolve in-game could be a unique racial story for WoW.
And from a cynical meta point of view, that means you wouldnā€™t have to create as many assets right away, lol.

Edit: Alternatively, just go ā€œultimate hobo scrappersā€ instead and have them eschew anything complex altogether, in favor of the outdoors. Some wild cats are solitary, after all.

1 Like

Alright so yesterday me and a friend got to talking about what the next expansion of WoW will probably beā€¦ And she brought up a good point. The Helm of Domination is destroyed, so more than likely the world of Azeroth is fighting the Scourge yet again, and not only this, we have a member of the Army of the Light, on the Alliance Throne. Soooo idea she presented, was that itā€™s likely that Turalyan is forcing people into becoming lightforged to ā€œcombat the scourgeā€ so Iā€™d imagine weā€™d see some corruption in the allianceā€¦ Now letā€™s say we have the Saberon off in Ashenvale or the Barrens, or SOMETHING, off on their own, fighting the scourge back with every thing they have. This presents an oppertunity for the players to help this tribe of saberon, and save them from the scourge and EVEN recruit them. HOWEVER, if some of the Alliance HAS gone Dues Vult, HAS been corrupted by the light, then itā€™s not very likely that the saberon would join them, because of what happened on Draenor, unless they worshipped some form of sun diety and saw the light as ā€œThe Sunā€ and thought that the Alliance was sent by said god to help their people. However, I still feel like itā€™d make more sense for them at this point to join the Horde, lemme know what you guys think.

2 Likes