Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

With a new month, I’ve done my monthly routine of submitting in-game feedback on races I want to see playable long with references to their megathreads. Saberon are one of those, of course.

If you’re interested in doing the same for your wanted playable races, I made a little guide for this megathread here:

I don’t know if the upcoming UI change will affect how you do this in-game. If It does, I’ll be sure to make an updated guide.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to support playable Saberon as best as I can! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

Any new ideas on how saberon could be playable?

I hope they get more classes sooner then later. As it stands it’s not even a race and feels dumb for them to take a race slot.

First time I’m seeing this thread

I would much prefer this over Dracthyr

1 Like

In terms of new ideas, I’ve been meaning to look at some more IRL wild cats for general idea inspiration. Also should look at some cat races from other MMO’s (will look at the Tabaxi again when they’re officially released for Dungeons & Dragons Online) and media to share any potential idea inspiration for racials and such.

As for introducing Saberon, I think the Barrens with Botani taking over the Wailing Caverns is the best bet. The sudden appearance of a lot of Saberon in the Barrens could be explained with the following:

-They all just came with the Mag’har Orcs and ran off while the Horde was busy getting their bearings. I mean, all the Mag’har NPC’s and Draenor beasts and such are more numerous than what we saw, so it wouldn’t be too out of place for a bunch of Saberon to come with us. Botani can just grow themselves, I assume.

-The few Saberon that came with us managed to link back to AU Draenor and get the combined Saberon tribes to escape into Azeroth through a portal from Yrel and the Lightbound. How did they do this? Something can be written, I’m sure.

As for other ideas in general, I’m gradually trying to think over more to post and talk about. There are several things to look at, like scenarios in the Barrens, and consider. I’ll continue to post as I get inspired.

There is still a lot of potential with playable Saberon in general. Still hoping to see them somewhere on that character creation screen someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

Wanted to wish any moms a happy Mother’s Day!

I found a fitting video of a mother tiger taking care of her cubs with some interesting tiger facts:

As for my plans today, my mother wants to have some food BBQ’d, which is a good time to do so with record high temperatures. I’ll be able to munch on some delicious BBQ food in the near future!

Whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe Mother’s Day! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

do you want to be a baby saberon?

I’d rather have my Saberon characters be fully grown adults, to be honest. They’d be more capable at questing to be of that age and much more likely to survive.

I assume Saberon children would have to go through some rite of passage when reaching adulthood. Maybe some kind of hunt or ritual to find their standing in their tribe. Sounds like it would make for some interesting world-building to see Saberon culture expanded in such a way. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Where are my cat people Blizzard

2 Likes

they can battle the Valupas

Came across a neat art piece of a Vah Shir from Everquest I wanted to share. It was created by the user named DrawWithLaura and was uploaded to DeviantArt on May 3rd, 2016.

“Vah Shir” by DrawWithLaura on DeviantArt

I wanted to share this to show off potentially how armor could look on Saberon in WoW. It helps to have examples of feline races in different armor types to help visualize that. With the many types of Saberon fur patterns, I imagine several of them would look really good with different armor types.

Will continue to look for things to help with playable Saberon idea inspiration! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

Very nice! Armor on Saberon would really be amazing to see.

2 Likes

I want Saberon about as bad as I want Sethrak and Hozen. Already got a name picked out: Moonracer. Hopefully they add some features like lion manes, etc.

2 Likes

I have one slot reserved for if we’re lucky enough to get Saberon playable. As I said before, it’d be based on a previous Vah Shir/Kerran character I’ve had in Everquest 1 and 2, and I’d love to make him a Saberon in WoW. Got his name reserved with the slot also.

Currently what I have reserved for with some free slots:

1 Ogre
2 Saurok (possibly another)
1 San’layn
1 Saberon (possibly another)
1 Furbolg

Some characters I have I could reroll, like if we get Kelfin playable. Really depends on what races become playable and class options for them. That said, I hope we get more character slots per account somehow, as I am getting dangerously close to the cap.

Honestly, a few more new playable races and I’ll have almost all my previous characters I’ve made and used in previous MMO’s in WoW. It’s a really fun thought and I hope to see it become a reality someday. It would really make my day to recreate characters I’ve had before who have meaning to me in various ways. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

what if they did a saberon and a centaur combo

I’m 99.9% sure Blizzard will never do a race with more or less than two legs. The game isn’t built for it. There’s vehicles, flight paths and over 800 mounts that would be completely wasted on one race. They already tried doing a race that doesn’t wear pants and shoes and nobody plays them.

1 Like

Dracthyr is rumored to not have use of armor on their main form at all…

I know but their avatar will be able to use armor. It’s no different than Druids.

Eh. Honestly i think they should try to get armor to work with the main form honestly.

With no armor on the main form it makes it easier to make an excuse to let them fight in visage form which would be not fair to worgen players and silly since they would be in their strongest in dragon form.

The issue will show when they can be more classes for certain.

1 Like

That’s fair. I just assumed they they didn’t armor in their dragon form to make them mimic other dragons.

And if they really do share a skeleton with worgen than one would think it wouldn’t be too difficult to do.

Other dragons on media or in game?

Eh… that actually don’t matter since dragonoids has armor anyways.