Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

That would be cool, especially if it had a 2 sec daze effect :thinking:

2 Likes

The addition of Saberon would provide yet another race to increase the rate at which I level my skinning and leatherworking skills.

1 Like

Alliance acting like they aren’t fodder for questing Horde :roll_eyes::laughing:

I love Saberon and Taunka. I would adore seeing one of them as a playable race! Something that I didn’t get was that Blizz brought all the druid forms back as customization options but the Claws of Shirvallah form never came back :confused: I was kind of bummed out.

5 Likes

They probably did that because they intend to implement Saberon and didn’t want to detract from their appearance, other than toys :thinking::man_shrugging::wink:

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I do suggest going to the Taunka megathread and giving your support there also:

It would be awesome to see them back in a storyline and playable in some fashion. They are full members of the Horde after all, and they deserve better than to be forgotten. :ox:

4 Likes

I had been looking for images and videos that show Saberon and Botani running off in the Mga’har Orc unlock scenario, since unless I’m mistaken, you can’t redo the allied race unlock scenarios. I came across a video and a screenshot someone took to show them off.

The following video should load at the 24:25 timestamp if it doesn’t take you there automatically:

As you can see, you have to quickly pan the camera around, and you’ll see two Botani and two Saberon running off. This screenshot shows this also:

Screenshot taken from this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9ajx0f/the_maghar_orcs_arent_the_only_ones_to_come_to/

Allegedly, there were also some of those Goren mobs, those mobs that roll around like Gorons from Zelda, in the area that run off elsewhere in Durotar. I haven’t seen any footage of that, though I think the Mag’har do utilize them in some world quests in BfA, so other than worrying about another invasive species in the area, there isn’t too much to note about that.

Now, as I’ve mentioned before, the game only shows two Botani and two Saberon, but it’s likely that more came with the Mag’har when you consider the following:

-The number of Mag’har Orcs that we see as NPC’s is greater and with more variety in clans than shown here. Bending time and space and nearly getting killed to bring that small number of troops shown in the video isn’t exactly worth it, so of course there are more in the story.

-The Mag’har brought with them several beasts from Draenor, some not shown here, and utilize a whole menagerie of them in some world quests. More than what is shown here.

-The number of player Mag’har Orcs is much greater than the numer of NPC’s shown here. Likely, all of Dutotar, flooding into the Barrens, would be filled with Mag’har Orcs if this was accurately represented.

So despite actually seeing two Saberon, an argument could be made that a bunch more Saberon came with us from Draenor. Possibly a tribe or two. With Botani, it doesn’t necessarily matter, because I assume they can just spawn others easily.

This is something I hope gets addressed in the future, preferably at least with playable Saberon becoming a thing. As I said, leaving the Botani off to do their own thing is utterly scary and likely something that is really going to be a problem in the future, which makes for great storyline potential.

I assume both the Botani and Saberon are doing fine fending off the undead rampaging across the world (of Warcraft!). Hopefully, we’ll see them in the near future and see where what they’ve been up to…well, at least with the Saberon. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

4 Likes

Something I’ve asked for many times, but it needs to be alliance to be an AR to Wargen, so maybe a feline race that is not called saberon.

Horde got vulpera, so alliance needs something.

1 Like

I love imagining a worgen with an accent that makes them say Wargen.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Something else I meant to add to my last post is that if the Botani and Saberon being present there was to lead into the rumored Barrens warfront at the time, it’s likely we would’ve seen a lot more than two Saberon during it.

I’m guessing there would have been sections where Saberon and Botani would’ve resided, of which players would have needed to beat them up during the warfront. Obviously, there would’ve been more than the two Saberon shown running to the Barrens, so we would’ve seen a bunch more. Maybe the size of a small tribe, I’d guess.

I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s interesting how the scrapping of warfronts has given some potential to do something more with the Botani and Saberon that came with us to Azeroth than just making them jobbers we beat up without a second thought. Potential to see Saberon become something much more and possibly becoming a playable race would be awesome to see come out of this, and hopefully that option gets explored. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

Well silver linings abound after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Blizzard does something good with those story strands.

Preferably something playable…

3 Likes

Imagine people crying, asking for a nerf.

4 Likes

To be expected with anything good (fun alarm) :rotating_light:

2 Likes

With this story strand, hopefully that something would be Saberon at least, of course! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

Supporting Saberon as an Allied Race.

Personally, I think they fit the Horde better. I think they could be the equivalent of “Worgen” for Horde for those who love the Worgen race, but can’t stand the Alliance. x)

Like with the Arakkoa, I think a Druid class for them would be very interesting. Not sure if that’s appropriate lorewise, but imagine some sort of cat-like aquatic form for Saberon. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Catfish.

I’ll just go.

3 Likes

Sea lion.

Lionfish.

3 Likes

With my single day of free game time running out shortly, I just wanted to make a quick post.

A fun and interesting fact is that Saberon were in the game files back in MoP.

6 Likes

Weren’t they originally planned as a hostile tiger race?

1 Like

If they were planned to be hostile, I wonder if they may have been based on the Rakshasa from D&D:

They were fairly evil, and I remember them being enemies in at least one of the old Gold Box D&D games.

But on the bright side, we ended up getting Saberon as our WoW feline race, who could potentially have a chance of getting fleshed out into a potential playable race in the future, so I think we got the better deal. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes