Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

Everything about adding playable races is crap for one reason above all:

The only thing that might be actually done in turning a NPC race into a playable race is cosmetics.

Everything that might make it unique, interesting or “something else” among the already platyable races cannot be done because of “perceived balance”.

Even the original playable races.

Orcs should be ten times stronger than humans, to the point that there was no doubt an orc can win a human in a fist fight in a matter of 2 or 3 punches. Elves should be able to move so fast that a human fighting hand to hand with an Elf would take 10 hits before making one.

So making playable races of everything is mostly detrimental to the lore of the game.

1 Like

Ok…

bout those Arakkoa though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I want my Highborne Arakkoa Priest!

3 Likes

Recently I had completed the creation of my Discord Server for Ethereals as a playable race.

I’m debating on if I should convert it into a collection to include my other two (Saberon and Arakkoa).

This would create a single server for three races.
If you think this is something that might be a good idea, please let me know!
I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

5 Likes

suggestion races:

dryad females, keeper of the grove males.

details

faction - alliance
classes - warrior, hunter, druid, shaman, priest, and new class faery magic
mount - dont need one.
flying mount - sprout sprite darter wings and fly

centaur males and females

details

faction - horde
classes - warrior, hunter, druid, shaman, priest, and new class faery magic
mount - dont need one.
flying mount - sprout sprite darter wings and fly

I agree I remember questing through spires of arak in WOD and I saw those non cursed arakkoa and I thought “I want to play that”.

4 Likes

I’m down for this, just out of the shear respect for all the work OP put into it.

4 Likes

I support this, would be such an interesting race to play as :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

As of just yesterday, I have updated my Ethereal Discord Server.

Instead of it being focused on Ethereals as a playable race, I have included my other two suggested races: Arakkoa and Saberon.

If you’re interested in joining the server, the invite link is:

By default, you only have the generalized channels available to you. You can select which of the three you wish to have access to view the channels of. It’s in early stages, and I’m open to any and all suggestions to help improve it.

I’ll be sure to include the link at the bottom of OP as well.

4 Likes

Wonderful to see! Hope to see other fans of these races on the Discord.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen this thread yet but wanted to toss my support in. These are ones I would indeed play, but I do like the non-corrupted/hunched ones the best in terms of design personally!

5 Likes

I also support a corrupted/uncorrupted model toggle!

5 Likes

Yes I agree, a toggle or like… different body option (sort of like hunched v. unhunched orcs?) would be neat!

4 Likes

I wanna play a cursed one… but also… those high arakkoa are so nice.

4 Likes

With the Arakkoa as we know them currently, they all appear similar as opposed to being based on multiple types of RL birds. I’ve been curious what the chances are to see a variety of customization options in that regard if they became playable.

I’ve thought about what I would like my Arakkoa character to look like, and a design I like with fantasy bird races in general is that of the a blue parrot, shown in-game here:

At the very least, I like the color pattern of the feathers here.

What is interesting is that other games use that type of pattern. Here, we see a concept art of different designs of the Tengu for Guild Wars 1:

And Everquest 2 used it for some of the Spiroc mobs in the Sarnak starting area:

I don’t know if Arakkoa would have different looks based on different RL birds, but at the very least, seeing feather patterns with these colors would be interesting as customization options and would likely be my choice for my playable Arakkoa character. :parrot:

4 Likes

Old Gods I wish GW2 would just release the Tengu already.

I hope they would have different looks. Birds have so much to pull from it would be sad to see only designs based on Kaliri and Ravens.

2 Likes

It might be possible if they do something with Cantha fully again. One of the recent expansions to the game may involve part of the continent, if I understand it correctly, so it might be possible to see more of it in the future.

Granted, it seems like that game isn’t especially keen on new races, given the work it takes to get one up and running in general I assume. Hopefully they’ll add more, as while there is a decent variety, it could use some more. :parrot:

2 Likes

Yeah their reluctance to add Kenku lead to my lessening my play time there… Also the Koda. Love both races.

2 Likes

Warcraft also needs a winged race. Arakkoas are just one of the breeds that people ask for and that would please the general public.

I would even return to signing the game if it brought the Arakkoas.

h ttps://cdn.twibooru.org/img/2020/7/18/1262799/large.png

h ttps://i.redd.it/donc9xdkw8571.jpg

h ttps://imgur.com/gallery/wzSDS/comment/690675344

h ttps://www.deviantart.com/nakeela/art/Arakkoa-Playable-Character-Concept-W-I-P-789989475

There is a lot of passion among players for arakkoa.

3 Likes

Supporting Arakkoa as an Allied Race.

I don’t mind them going Horde or Alliance, either is fine by me.

I do want to be able to choose between winged Arakkoa and regular Arakkoa. I think a Druid class for them would be very interesting. Perhaps the flying form could be just their regular winged form, flapping their wings. Or they could transform into a Rukhmar-like form! So many possibilities.

5 Likes