Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

I found what I think is official artwork of the bird knight enemies in Zelda II:

They have different names from what I’ve seen. One of the names I like that people call them are “Dread Hawks.” Seems like a name that would be fitting for Arakkoa.

Looking at the image, it makes me wonder how Arakkoa that would have wings would look in plate. The ones that do have wings seem to have them on their arms instead of their back, if I recall correctly. I suppose it depends on what type of Arakkoa would become playable as well.

Just something I wanted to share for idea inspiration. :bird:

1 Like

I didnt read any of this but just wanted to say I’ve wanted to be an arakkoa shadow priest since BC

1 Like

i would switch to a high arakkoa instantly and never look back. give us the birbs, blizzard

4 Likes

I’d love the option, but…

1. Blizzard has long since developed a pathological aversion to anything “flight” related, so much so they routinely write plotlines and stories around the denial of flight just to really rub it in and highlight how it’s something we can’t have anymore because they say so.

A race focused on flying? … they’d never go for it.

1. Arakkoa sadly suffer from the same NPC Gigantism epidemic Blizzard’s long since unleashed. Now your standard sized Arakkoa is 14’ tall, unrealistic for a playable race/character.

None of this is to say I wouldn’t like to play one, I just see it being wholly unrealistic they’d do it.

Yes pls gimme them Bird Bois. Been wanting them since BC!

1 Like

love the work you put into this but hard pass never liked their race or their stories or shrill voices

All I humbly request is that they be a Core Race. No more allied races after the Worgen and Forsaken ones. Also Ethereals should be the race that goes to the opposite faction imo.

This is the one I mean to bump!

2 Likes

I’m always open to suggestions on what to include in this thread :heart:

2 Likes

I feel like as much as Blizzard wouldn’t want another neutral race, they should consider Arakkoa because both factions helped them in TBC and WOD. Personally trying to please both sides with Arakkoa going to one faction is going to get messy lol

Bumping for our winged and flightless friends to join the playable race stage. I’d love to play a Highborn Priest or a Lowborn Warlock.

3 Likes

In the current state of alienation that the ally is in, without any element that attracts players, arakkoa could be a race that could help give the alliance a better breath of life.

The faction no longer has any merit to exist with many people asking to dismantle the ally so that everyone can join hands and go play in the horde.

The alliance needs something that brings value to the blue faction.
Junkgnomes and wide-hipped humans didn’t do that.
In fact, they gave more reasons to leave the ally.

2 Likes

Just some more support for Arrakoa.

Good birbs.

5 Likes

Would they be good for alliance? Yes.
But even if they can’t be on the ally, they’re still good for Warcraft.

:heart: :bird:

3 Likes

I still want these…

3 Likes

Bumping for a long overdue race!

4 Likes

Corrupted Arakkoa are my favorite race. So you can imagine my great dismay and broken heart when WoD was basically scrapped after a year and nothing was fleshed out. Sooooo much potential and so little came of it. Entire books left on the floor. Its sad.

Please give us playable Corrupted Arakkoa.

3 Likes

Support for this race.

1 Like

I want Kelphin ,the water goblins …soo cute … and a playable rodent race … wererats . I love wererats .

2 Likes

Kelfin. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also a good race choice.

2 Likes