Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

Throw these birds over to Alliance side we have enough animals on Horde, it’s starting to feel like a zoo here.

Wouldn’t mind playing a bird, because the bird is the word.

1 Like

I know it has been awhile since I posted in here, but I do still have an interest in playable Arakkoa, especially to be paired with Saberon. And it is a new month, so I figured I would once again share the monthly in-game feedback post I usually do in other megathreads.

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Hoping Arakkoa get some love someday! :bird:

:rice_cracker::parrot:

2 Likes

It is a shame we got “dragon” people but don’t have bird people yet…

And they come in 2 flavors too! :confused:

On that note, I wonder if in the event of playable Arakkoa if Blizzard would have each “flavor” join the factions. For example, say the Cursed with the Horde and the High with the Alliance.

In thinking about it, if Blizzard decides to give the High Arakkoa some kind of flight because of their wings, then they could easily give the Cursed an ability to make shadow wings so that one side can’t complain about the other side having a second race that can fly on their own.

2 Likes

Wowhead made an article on Dracthyr getting “steady flight” in the near future, with Steady Flight sounding like the new name for regular flying.

An animated image showing that off is within the article below:

Some restrictions, of course:

“The only restriction this addition has is that it ends the moment you touch the ground, so it can’t be used like Druid’s Flight Form to Herb or interact with objects.”

It’s pretty exciting in general, but this is something that could easily be applied to playable Arakkoa, assuming we get the variety with wings. It also means that Arakkoa with wings would be able to utilize Dragonriding abilities.

Come to think of it, the sight of several Arakkoa players dive bombing into enemies and then attacking them would be an interesting sight to see. I could see that regularly happening in-game also.

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out for anything else of Arakkoa interest to report back on! :bird:

:rice_cracker::parrot:

4 Likes

Imagine if it was attached to an actual attack racial?

4 Likes

Some pictures about an Arakkoa in the Alliance :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Imgur
(Arakkoa coming to see Stormwind)

Imgur

Imgur
(Arakkoa discovering and observing the races of the Alliance)

Imgur
(Arakkoa thinking it’s the perfect spot for her and her kind to live in Stormwind among the Alliance)

Imgur
(Arakkoa speaking with a Wildhammer about the gryphons)

Imgur
(Arakkoa discovering what happens to her species in Outland in our timeline)

Imgur
(Arakkoa discovering what happens to Spires of Arak in Outland in our timeline)

Imgur
(Arakkoa speaking with an Arakkoa of our timeline about the difference of their culture and to know exactly what happens in Outland to become like this)

3 Likes

Did anyone notice that Arakoa just sitting at the docks in the Plunderstorm waiting room, or was it just me?

2 Likes

Huh… neat.

2 Likes