Unlocking Zereth Mortis

I started Shadowlands at launch and got my 1st level 60 within a few weeks (casual player) Finished the main story line, and then got my Covenant Story line. I never started that story line and then took a break. I just came back and with the 50% XP, I have leveled an alt to 60 but due to the XP bonus I did not complete the main story line.

I have looked all over but I can not find the prereqs for unlocking the initial Zereth Mortis intro quest. Do I need to complete main story, covenant story lines or any other story elements?

hi i think u can get in to it if u get a fly first , do u unclock the abality to fly now , can u go in the maw get on mont , if u can do it then can go in orlabos , pepole in covant room can help u get in zanop mats goodluck ! u got it !

2 Likes

According to Wowhead: “To unlock Zereth Mortis, you must work through Chapter 1 of the Eternity’s End, Into the Unknown.”
It goes on to say: " You should receive the first quest for the 9.2 Campaign, Call of the Primus, the moment you first log in on Patch 9.2’s launch."
Here is the page (copy paste in your browser):
https://www.wowhead.com/guides/zereth-mortis-activities-how-to-unlock

1 Like

Mate, if you’re gonna respond to a legitimate request for help, drop the schtick and actually help.

6 Likes

i ashaley do help alot more then u post

1 Like

This is the auto accept quest that should pop up in 9.2 but it didnt. So Im wondering if there are prereqs for that auto quest

isn’t there a covenant campaign you have to partially complete to unlock it? For me it unlocked as soon as 9.2.5 rolled, out but I’ve consistently played through the expansion.

I think I remember reading you had to do part of the 9.1 campaign before you could unlock 9.2 campaign quests if you hadn’t done them at all previously.
Hard to know exactly as I’ve been doing them as they released, but you likely need to do some of the other campaign to open up the latest one.

Have you completed chapter one of Eternity’s End, Into the Unknown? I don’t actually know what part that is (I assume it’s the intro to Shadowlands and you already did it). If you have completed it, try logging out of the game client completely before logging back in. If Call of the Primus still doesn’t pop up for you, you might want to put in a ticket.

You need to complete the first campaign and a portion of the second campaign where you enter the Maw and open the Torgast, Maw teleport system and finally the big battle quest like in Ardenweald, then you’ll get an oribis quest that will.

“Call of the Primus” is the actual quest needed

2 Likes

Zanop Mats…

Just ROFL.

I’m pretty sure he is not a native English speaker.

1 Like

It’s RP. They use to type normally.

2 Likes

Go to the southwest room in Oribos ground floor where Bolvar and the covenant representatives are. Either bolvar or the main oracle (name escapes me and I can’t login to check) should have the quests.

For alts, this skip is immediate. I’m not sure if someone skipped doing any of the campaign stuff for Korthia if they can go straight to ZM. You may be forced to do at least the intro to Korthia (which will nerf the maw by letting you mount in it as well as removing the jailer eye stuff and removing the debuff in the areas you had to quest to unlock access to).

you have to do the intro to Korthia. Bolvar in Korthia will give you the quest that sets up ZM. I just got an alt into ZM and that is how I got there.

You need to do a few quests once you hit 60 I don’t remember the quests. They basically have you open up the zones. It takes all of 10m but alas I cant remember the names of the quests.

From Blizzard themselves:

To unlock Zereth Mortis, you must have completed Chapter 2 of the 9.1 campaign, Maw Walkers, up until the quest Charge of the Covenants. After that quest is completed, you will receive the pop-up to start the Zereth Mortis campaign.

You don’t have to finish your 9.0 Covenant campaign. Those two 9.1 chapters can be done separately.

I know this, because my friend last night had only one chapter of the 9.0 Covenant Campaign done and it told him to do the 9.1 Campaign. He is now on chapter 3 of the 9.1 Campaign and chapter 1 of the 9.0 Covenant Campaign.

1 Like

You can go straight to ZM, what you can not do is go to Korthia unless you complete the Cov campaign. My pally did just the intro of the cov, and went to the maw, still can not mount there, and was still able to do the ZM intro. I have no Korthia portal to go farm 252 binds :frowning: Do not want to do the Kyrian campaign for a 4th time lol.

This is incorrect. Just last night, my friend who hasn’t played since the middle of 9.0 came back and he’s now on chapter 3 of the Korthia campaign and chapter 1 of the 9.0 Covenant campaign.

Korthia campaign is no longer tied to the Covenant campaign. It hasn’t been for some time now.

1 Like

I don’t know if I buy that. I’ve spent this week leveling 1 toon from 50-60 a night and I ended a toon last night, not even done filling all the 4 fate bar quests, and the oracle there gave me the option to skip straight to ZM.

Granted, I’ve long since done on other toons all the covenant campaigns (and 6 toons have all 4 campaigns done apiece) as well as the full Korthia campaign so I’m clearly eligible for any and all skips. I do know someone who came back a few months ago for a week who didn’t do the full cov campaign, nothing in 9.1, and yet still got to ZM. I don’t think she did anything Maw or Korthia related considering the maw was the largest reason she quit in 9.0.