Look, I understand you locked servers to try and stop players from creating characters to snipe names.
You failed with that task by allowing paid name changes though. Since you failed on that aspect, unlock the servers already.
A lot of people had disconnect-reconnect issues and were given bad advice like, delete your character and restore.
We cannot restore our characters now because the servers are locked. This is bogus. I have not been able to play on my main for 36 hours now. Fix your game.
Or find a way to fix this issue, unlock the servers let players restore…
Or just restore for us and move the character yourselves.
Either way, doing nothing you’re going to lose A LOT of players.
No its valid advice. Its worked in the past. Saying youre stuck inside an instance and cant unstuck, you could delete and restore, then youd log in outaide the instance.
The issue is that nobody knew it would be affected by servers getting locked to new characters.
Restoring a character shouldnt count as a “new character” but i guess it does. Because of that, my character and others are stuck in limbo.
Is this why all but 4 servers are “Locked”? It’s my day off and time to play for a bit and I can’t. What started all the locking? People creating names on servers to “save” them?
I would not delete my character if the president of Blizzard told me that it would work. Sorry but you guys gotta find another way. It sounds like you are trying to blame Blizzard for some trick that players figured out in the past that is not working now. I assure you that nobody at Blizzard ever told someone to delete their character.
Okay, Thank you for the response. So, I haven’t seen then why I can’t log into those servers. No blue post, unless I missed it on how long they will be locked.
Yep, totally appreciate this, it was always going to be very disruptive having creation locked down on all the realms but folks were very concerned about having character names taken before they could transfer.
But, seeing as how this is also messing with Faction Change and Name Change, we do not want to wait a whole week anymore, instead we will be unlocking all the Destination Realms for character creation on Saturday 27th at 4pm PDT.
This is the absolute peak time for Mists of Pandaria Classic each week, so hopefully this time slot gives as many people as possible a chance to reserve names for those who have not yet elected to transfer.
Please share this information around to friends and guild members to make sure as many people are possible are ready!