Unjust Silences

I have 2 friends, and to protect the innocent I will use fake names. Lets call one “Gabe” and the other “Bourghami” so both of these people were issued silences. Lets start with Gabe.

Gabe Silenced for: Disconnecting while in a mythic dungeon which he desperately tried to log back onto the game to playa nd finish. I believe there was a storm close to his house that was not directly affecting him that knocked out power (To my knowledge)

Bourghami Silenced for: Saying something that was along the lines of the furry meme “uwu x3” nonsense in general which he accidentally tabbed into when sending to a friend to joke around with.

I want to know why they were silenced and in Gabe’s case, he was told that “Any attempts to appeal this decision will be outright ignored” so circumstances beyond his control are somehow punishable by a silence? That he can’t appeal? I am asking for a DIRECT response to why this was carried out and enforced when Gabe and Bourghami are beyond innocent in both cases. Frankly this has me EXTREMELY concerned that I cannot play the game and have technical issues (Which you guys can clearly see from your technical perspective btw.) I was planning on pre-ordering dragonflight but after seeing your “Player contract” enforced as intended I am seriously starting to reconsider and am trying to talk people out of the pre purchase. cause this is definitely a serious issues since this is like a permanent record and CANNOT go away, it will compile. There are other members already stating that they WILL NOT talk to ANYONE in game ever seeing how easily abused the system is and I would encourage others as well to halt or cancel their pre purchases for this game until these issues are addressed. I would like and hope for a reasonable response.

–For those wondering a “silence” is almost the equivalent of a account ban. You CANNOT join LFG, you CANNOT have a group you are with join LFG. You basically sit around and twiddle your thumbs on your character.–

1. You’re not the account holders of anyone’s account.
  2. You’re not able to talk about account actions, let alone someone’s else.
  3. Nothing you had said makes any sense and makes me think of info being left out.
  4. Blizzard isn’t going to talk about someone else’s account to a 3rd party because they said so.
15 Likes

I’m finding that sus. I say UwU all the time and have no issue. I’m not a furry though, but I do say UwU.

How do you get silenced from DCing? That sounds sus too…

To add: not you your friend… woops.

12 Likes

Disclaimer: This is an incredibly nonsensical and misinforming post and as such this thread won’t last long.

Neither of these claims make the least bit of sense whatsoever, and although neither us is entitled to information behind their situations, if there even is a situation here, there is obviously a mountain of information being left out here.

You’re not entitled to that, and even if you were, you’re not actually supposed to come to the forums for those answers. The GMs that action players are supposed to send tickets with relevant information behind account actions.

No… it is not. If you can log into the account, then it is absolutely nothing like an account ban.

PS: Reread the post and found this quote:

Ah, it’s one of those posts again.

12 Likes

Unfortunately as this occurred on other accounts, there will not be much details you can get here, this is mainly a player discussion forum.

Usually silences happen after chat infractions,

Something tells me this probably either led to a chat infraction on the part of your friend, or it was even something that happened at a different time.

13 Likes

Lines can be crossed. “Along the lines of” leaves a lot of room for crossing the line.

The disconnect likely had nothing to do with the silence other than being close to it in time.

7 Likes

I’m sorry, Rhoewynn, but there is no such thing. We do not penalize for disconnecting. The most that would happen is they would receive a deserter debuff preventing them from queuing for a dungeon until it wears off.

If they were silenced or otherwise suspended, it had nothing to do with disconnecting.

It is rare that one would be silenced for “nonsense” and without being able to look at the player in question, I couldn’t confirm that was the reason at all. It seems rather unlikely.

To be frank, that isn’t something that we’d discuss with you. You aren’t the account holder, and while I can appreciate that you want to support your friends, it is between us and your friends.

Again, without being able to look into the case I couldn’t say for certain, not that we would provide that information to you. However, in most situations that message is provided after we have made several reviews and the person continues to submit additional appeals.

This narrative is getting extremely tired. The social contract is simply recommendations on behaviors that make the game and gaming better for everyone. The only section that is being enforced is the same section that has always been enforced and that is the Code of Conduct and EULA. That hasn’t changed and it isn’t new.

As this is not the appropriate place to discuss account actions, I will need to close this thread.

28 Likes