Unfair booting/deserter becoming an issue

Got 2 Deserter’s today so far in heroics, my first week back in cata. One for simply “drinking” in a full melee group and the other just now in Tol’var because I didn’t know we were doing a reset skip (The tank even said “oh I should have said something”) …Both times all were Faerlina players. Was doing top 1/2 dps, not dying, doing all mechanics…etc Seems like it’s always Faerlina players who are toxic degens (this isn’t my first time dealing with toxic behavior which always seems like Faer players). This system needs a revamp, it really is terrible for solo players. People would rather boot you than wait 1-2 minutes. It reminds me of why I love the older xpacs compared to this speedrun adderall xpac where everyone is mute and just wants to finish as fast as they can.

9 Likes

Not content with having Retail all to themselves, the toxic ones had to come and ruin it for us Classic Andys. You can’t win for losing…

However, at this stage why should anyone care? Valor cap should have been ancient history by now and people would run alts.

Don’t expect things to get better because we’re getting the ZA/ZG stuff soon and that’s going to punish the noobish.

1 Like

The system is fine the way it is.

Womp Womp cry more he’s gonna win again in november.

Also on topic, yes it’s faerlina and benediction players ya gotta watch out for. If you get a full group of Mankrik or pagle depending on if you’re horde or alliance it’ll be a fast smooth run, but the two mega servers are basically new york and california. Avoid them at ALL costs.

7 Likes

Why are you being to hyperbolic, the kick system is fine.

One thing I noticed was, the system seems to pick people from the same server.
Like, when I queue as a tank, others are from one server.
I wouldn’t think they are all preformed 4 players, since most times they are from different guilds.
If this is true, then mixing more servers up would make things a little bit better.

1 Like

The deserter system however is not. I don’t have the luxury of waiting around for 30 minutes, I’ll just get off. Especially when you get booted for no reason other than people wanting to save 1 minute. I’m a sweaty/competitive player but there’s a difference between that and being toxic. Maybe it’s because I’m from a different generation, but the majority are all anti-social zoomies, who use 1/8 of their spellbook/abilities.

5 Likes

LOL – Wow did you really go and bring in some sort of generalized political nonsense? You’ll do anything for attention.

2 Likes

You don’t need to bring your falsified stories into yet another thread.

The toxicity in that thread all stems from you.

People getting kicked from dungeons without reason is not as big of a problem as you and other people on this forum say it is. Now I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen at all, but in most cases I believe where people come to complain on the forums it’s them doing something wrong in the minds of their 4 other dungeon companions.

• Not enough DPS, whether that’s on bosses or on trash packs
  • Not enough HPS, making the dungeon slow to a crawl unless the tank can reliably heal - themselves.
  • Constantly dying
  • Constantly AFK
  • Not using your AoE abilities in trash packs
  • Constantly failing mechanics
  • Wearing a mismatch of armour types
  • Rolling on everything that drops

If the kick system actually told you why you were kicked then we wouldn’t be having this issue.

1 Like

What does someone’s political views have to do with wow itself?

1 Like

For those unaware the OP and poot are the same person.

He alt hops and keep making these threads and heavily overexagerating to the point of just outright lying about his experiences.

2 Likes

Cap valor on two chars every week and still haven’t seen anyone kicked at all (not counting offline players). Perhaps its something you are doing.

1 Like

Or … Learn in normals not heroics. I’ve blasted more DPS on level 80s in ICC gear than some of you pull in heroics at 85. Of course you are going to get vote kicked. If you get vote kicked repeatedly it’s clearly a you issue. Git gud scrub

How has this Poot person not been banned yet? I’ve been forum banned 5 times in the past for much less.

He has I know of at least 1 more alt he jumps on …I suspect another one but not quite pinned it down yet. Pretty easy to spot alt hoppers.

Honestly I’m at the point where Im considering vote kicking people just for being from that s**t hole server

1 Like

What servers would that be and how do you determine this?

Everyone is guilty of votekick abuse. I just kicked a tank for making a mistake. A healer in another instance for not running back fast enough. Another healer for not healing well enough. Then I also got kicked for not running back fast enough after votekicking a healer for dying to mechanic. Human nature needs to be regulated. People are toxic by nature.

Bruh, I know you’re trolling at this point, but I’ll take the bait.

Your hypocracy knows no bounds apparently. We were all taught in elementary school, or even Kindergarten that 2 wrongs do not make a right. “Well, I got kicked, so I wanna do some kicking!”. That’s some toddler logic right there. Are you even old enough to play this game or be on the internet in general? Serious question.

It’s people like you why there’s a shortage of tanks and heals and why people new to healing are too anxious to run dungeons. Stop playing and ruining it for us that just wanna have a good time, big baby.

Humans are not “toxic by nature” either, as you put it. It’s how you’re raised really, much like with animals. If you raise an animal to be mean, it’s gonna be mean. If you raise a kid with no morals or values, they’re going to be self-entitled pricks. Being toxic is taught, not natural as you seem to think.

What you’re doing is spite kicking, not legit vote kicking for the right reasons, and that’s just worse.

TL:DR Stop being a self-righteous a-hole and be more chill. I feel better.

1 Like