Underlight Angler no skill tree

When I click on the pearl there is no skill tree for my underlight angler, is there any talk of fixing this soon?

The skill tree was frozen after Legion ended and the artifact knowledge was unobtainable anymore (or at least, turned into gray unusable trash). My guess is that instead of some people having Underlight Anglers that had fully upgraded skill trees before the freeze and some people with partially upgraded, Blizz may have decided to remove all Underlight Angler passive skills? I’m only guessing. The spell that teleports you to the nearest fishing node has been moved to the Spellbook “General” tab (when you have Underlight equipped in your professions window.)

1 Like

You can still fill out the tree, you just can’t see anything until it’s fixed.

Check the comments here:

People have recently figured out how to run scripts in the chat window to apply the artifact power manually. You won’t see it happening visually, but you will see your artifact power going down when it successfully applies to the one you choose.

Hopefully they fix this soon.

No, the fish needed that are used as artifact power can still be fished up like they always were. Nothing has been removed, but the pearl interface has been broken for a while now. You used to be able to use a script to open up the window on the pearl. Now the window opens, but it’s blank.

There are some scripts over on wowhead that will allow you to continue to use the artifact power fish. You just won’t see the tree.

You can still use the waterwalking ability and the swim as a fish ability. The teleport however, is broken and has been for a long time.

1 Like

yeah the scripts are not working for me, all i can see is Artifact Power 11,300 and nothing else. I cant do anything at all, wish I could share the screen shot with you.

Entirely incorrect. The Angler was the ONLY artifact from Legion that you could still power up and fill out the tree once the expansion was over.

It never did use the conventional Artifact power from Legion. You used the special fish obtained by fishing with Arcane Lures in the Broken Isles. and the Giant Pearl you fished up and eventually placed in the BI Dalaran fountain while the rod was equiped to access the traits tree.

In DF it got hit with a few nerfs to how the water walking and auto-fish form for it worked. Plus the engineer made DF fishing rods rendered it pretty much useless due to having the same +fishing skill AND perception stat.

Looks like TWW pre-patch has entirely removed the trait tree for it and disabled any unlocked traits on it though. However, before pre-patch, it still functioned the same way it did back in when Legion was current content.

Betting no one really noticed till now since it was rendered functionally obsolete by the DF rods, so no one was still using their old murloc skeleton rod.

1 Like

thank you, I took a break from the game and came back during DF, so i was doing old content. but thank you for that info, thats what I needed to know.

That sucks. The last few patches must have broken the script use then. Some of those script comments were posted less than a month ago. :frowning:

I just tried them on my alt that was working on hers. You’re right. None of the scripts work now. Bummer.

I’m still using my skelly boy rod on several alts. There is an addon that auto-magically enables the passives on the rod when you go underwater, or need to water-walk.

It’s called Underlight Angler Auto. I just tested it. Water walking still works. Turning into a fish still works. I had to do a fishing cast first to “enable” the rods abilities, but as long as you had those already active in the tree, you can still use them.

1 Like

thank you, wish i could remember what i had active lol

yup can confirm the skill window is blank

Still broken.

1 Like

got to wonder if blizzard is aware of this.