Underlight Angler Bugs?

Which, again, is why I hope people are continuing to report these things as bugs in game. Every single day. Try it, if it doesn’t work, another bug report.

There is a buff that you can click off and you can permanently hide it outside of fishing when you get to Valdrakken

This sucks.

It does while fishing in the beta.

[/quote]
4. Finally we still can’t transmog fishing poles.
[/quote]

I do wish they would add this but it isn’t really a bug.

Getting closer. We can now interact with the pearl but still have no traits to spend the AP on.

2 Likes

I can confirm that non-Evokers can level up the angler right now just fine, and while Evokers can pump AP into it, they can’t spend the AP in the UI. A guildie and I acquired the angler simultaneously last night (ran around trading rare lures and catching fish), and his shaman successfully unlocked all of the stuff like shark form. I posted in the workaround thread linked above showing what the UI looks like for Evokers.

it definitely seems to be related to having a Legion weapon, and I’m sure they’ll fix it.

Your fishing pole goes into the profession tab equipment slot now.

When you fish you get a buff saying you have fishing gear equipped. That’s why it stays on your back. Right click the buff to remove it. Does the same with skinning knives.

As for the other effects, are you actually wearing the pole, or is it equipped via the profession tab?

If you don’t have it equipped in your weapon slot, they probably won’t activate.

Still can not apply Nat’s drinking hat buff to the fishing pole.

i feel you

Yeah this works. I was unaware of it when I made the thread.

Its in the profession slot. I’ve found it does work but you have to cast first before any abilities are applied. So if you want to become the fish for a quest just cast and cancel it than you should be able to turn into the fish or water walk.

2 Likes

I want to add another bug to the list.

You cannot change the skins of the Underlight Angler if you have them unlocked.

I had the other colors unlocked prior to the pre-patch and it reverted it back to the original skin.

Even if you manage to access the artifact menu and choose a different skin it will not change how the Underlight Angler looks.

6 Likes

That did work. Hitting fishing auto equips the pole, and gives the buffs. Clicking the buff removed the pole graphic.

WOW this is dumb!

2 Likes

So there’s a work around for Evokers now! someone found this out, just gotta open up the peark and then put this into your chat

/run C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(1021)

This will auto purchase the first node if you have enough AP and then the rest becomes visible!

5 Likes

Thank you! I have a happy dracthyr now.

2 Likes

This works! You are brilliant!

I noticed it doing that, just today, although it did disappear after I logged out on that toon, and then logged back in. Thought it was just an odd fluke, but since I’m not the only one, I bet it is just an irritating little bug that they’ll eventually get around to fixing. Dunno about the other attributes. Sometimes they fix that stuff, and sometimes, they couldn’t give a g-d.

1 Like

These both work for me while in the profession slot…which actually makes the Underlight Angler an incredibly powerful item that everyone should have for general world navigation.

I did notice that Way of the Flounder no longer has the partial stealth visual effect on it.

are any of the abilities that allow you to fish up a pool in one cast working for anyone?

they all seem to be broken for me.

1 Like

I wish I had saw this post before spending several hours unlocking and getting all the passive traits on my Evoker, yesterday…

It’s true about the Artifact Traits not working when you first get it. There’s are work-around steps to get it unlocked on the Googles.

After playing around with the Underlight Angler, on my Evoker, here’s what I found:

1. Surface Tension buff appears when you start fishing and disappears a second after you stop and definitely doesn’t work when stepping onto water in that split-second. And definitely does not work when you are not fishing.

2. Way of the Flounder buff appears when you start fishing. However, the partial stealth visual does not occur. And it remains to be seen that it actually is reducing the enemy detection range.

3. Underlight Blessing simply does not work - period.

Solution for Blizzard = Along with addressing all the noted above bugs, change the Underlight Angler back to a physically equipped Fishing Pole to work in conjunction with a slotted Fishing Tool. This way those who spent hard-earned time getting this item can still enjoy it for the current and future content.

Thank you!

1 Like

Those only work in Legion zones. If that’s where you’re fishing, then I can’t say for sure. I haven’t fished in those specific pools with an appropriately leveled fishing pole in a long while.

I have found that the angler does still work to turn me into a fish and give waterwalking, but I have to use the fishing keybind once to pull it out to activate it, at which point it stays active until I take an offensive action which causes me to draw my weapon.

Moreover if you fish to activate the angler, then summon your dragon and go underwater you will swim around on the dragon at fish speed while maintaining underwater breathing.

Notably there’s a person in Ruby Life Pools area that you can talk to and choose to not have profession equipment be displayed, but this does not effect the fishing pole.

Also notably: There’s fishing hats available but there is no profession equipment slot for them so equipping the fishing hat will replace your combat helmet.

They still work, but they are limited to the same types of schools you unlocked back in legion “Highmountain salmon” for example will still come up as a barrel if you have the perk… but those fishing pools just aren’t available in the dragon isles.

1 Like