Underlight Angler Bugs?

A couple of things I’ve noticed with the UA when you place it in the fishing pole slot.

1. After your done fishing it stays on your back even if you’re in combat. Even reloading won’t remove the pole appearance.

2. It will not transform you into the fish.

3. It does not allow you to water walk.

4. Finally we still can’t transmog fishing poles.

6 Likes

Fishing as a whole is busted atm. A lot of bates simply do not work. Nat’s drinking hat is one. The buff can not be applied to any fishing pole now. As for the Underlight Angler, it is just a mess. At first, you could not gain AP at all after tossing a fish back. Now they hot fixed that but you still can not spend the AP on a newly acquired Underlight.

So after doing what all fishers do after making a new character. You know spending hours in old-world content getting the Underlight Angler and a Level 3 Garrison to do Nat’s quest and gain rep to buy Nat’s drinking hat we get nothing out of it but a bunch of busted gear. Just feels like your time was wasted with this one.

10 Likes

The fishing pole staying on your back is a part of the new crafting/gathering system. I do hope they make it so some equipment can be hidden.

Having played Dracthyr since the Pre-patch I had not noticed that. We don’t see equipment that’s put on the back. Is a bit annoying. Still, I would rather them work on the problems like the Underlight Angler not letting you spend AP or fishing bates not working at all.

Oh god if this was intentional than they need a way for players to hide it. I really don’t want to see an ugly fishing pole on my back all the time.

If I exit the game and log back in it disappears again though…

2 Likes

You can’t level up your angler anymore either, because the AP fish require that you be holding the angler to use them, and you can’t hold it anymore.

1 Like

Did you try clicking off the buff? This happens with mining too, where the pick ax sits on your side after mining. A mining buff appears on my character and I have never tried clicking it off to see if the ax disappears after I do. If there is a fishing buff after fishing, try clicking it off

5 Likes

I’ll have to give that a try tonight.

Was thinking of finally finishing that achievement to catch all fresh water fish.

1 Like

This was hot fixed. You can now toss the fish back to gain AP. The problem now is that you can not spend that AP if you are on a new character that just got the Underlight Angler as you need to have an artifact equipped to interact with the pearl in Dalaran and the Underlight Angler is no longer considered an artifact. I now have like 11k AP but no way to spend it to upgrade the fishing pole.

2 Likes

If I try it out before you, I’ll post my results here.

Well, that’s encouraging at least.

2 Likes

Just tried this and can confirm it works. As soon as you click the buff off the fishing pole disappears

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

yeah got my third angler on my shammy last week. decided to level it yesterday. it’s got 2kAP i cant spend…

For anyone not an Evoker, there is a workaround mentioned in this thread on how to access the Underlight Angler. As for us Evokers, rip.

For all the other fishing issues, I really hope people are reporting them as bugs in game.

1 Like

This is not a problem anymore. This was fixed a few days ago. The only problem now is you can not spend AP if you got the fishing pole after pre-patch because it is no longer an artifact so you can’t interact with the pearl that unlocks the AP tree for the Underlight angler. Also because it is not held you can not put some baits on a fishing pole. Nat’s hat for example is useless atm because of this.

I know for a fact this has been reported quite a lot and they feel no need to fix it. Look for this to make it well past launch.

This post specifically mentions a workaround for anyone not an Evoker to spend the AP in the abilities.

That’s why I said rip for Evokers, because we don’t have an artifact to utilize that workaround. Whether a workaround exists or not, it still needs fixed and needs to continue being reported as a bug every day it doesn’t work.

1 Like

They created new equipment for Dragonflight that is supposed to stay visible. I think it should be optional to view. https://blizzardwatch.com/2022/07/18/profession-gear-dragonflight/

This is a bummer, for sure, and I do hope they correct the Underlight Angler.

Even though I’ve never really “liked” fishing, I have gotten the Underlight Angler on every one of my guys (40+), as it is incredibly useful.

Pseudo-stealth, turn into a fish, water walking? Triple wins.

Anyway, I’ve got 2 more Horde guys I levelled to 60 recently, plus 3 Evokers, and they all need the Underlight Angler.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until they (hopefully) correct these bugs.

Yeah, I tried this too on my Mage, and no go. So even if that works it must be situational because It’s still locked on my Mage. I have one on my Warlock and haven’t tried it yet. But even then so much more about fishing is messed up such as baits. This change makes no sense. It fixed nothing. It was working fine and now we have a lot of time-consuming toys that do nothing.