Under Development: WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria

Why have the additional character slots from the original post been silently removed?

Without the additional slots players who already maxed out their existing slows cannot play Mop Remix without deleting characters first. IMO this needs some (blue) explanation.

See also https://www.wowhead.com/news/additional-character-slots-likely-not-available-for-patch-10-2-7-mention-removed-338734

5 Likes

Can we please use one of our already created characters for this?

Just have them be de-levelled and stripped of equipment or something.

I want to go through this with my main not a new character that has no history.

2 Likes

? Why … its a different mode and experience from wow. Makes 0 sense to ask for this. Same as the plunderstorm, either do it or dont, its not forced and its not suddely going to morph into something different then they explained or coded for.

No it is not.

As long as Pandaria Remix is active, these characters exist in a separate phase similar like Chromie time, but with special rules for the event. But they belong to existing realms and can join existing guilds.
Once the event ends, these characters become normal retail characters and will be merged into the normal WoW phase, effectively becoming visible in the normal WoW retail game.

Other than in Plunderstorm, characters and items from the event will remain in the normal WoW experience past the Pandaria Remix event.

I had two main questions regarding this mode I haven’t seen answered yet :

(1) Will the new live-server class/race combinations, that were not available in MOP, be available to play in the Remix ? (e.g. Tauren rogue, Draenei warlock)
(2) Are the MOP-specific characters accessible through in-game mail ? (i.e. can I send them bags)

As a GM, this is a great opportunity to do a LOT of fun guild achievements from MOP with real weight in them, as the difficulty will be live. I wanted to set up a bunch of rewards for those who complete the most, more difficult or goofiest achievements - so I want to plan this out ahead of time.

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

I can answer this one. Yes, you can play any class/race combo that is currently in the game. That includes Dracthyr also.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the second question. Sorry.

1 Like

The last good WoW expansion, sounds good!

1 Like

Consider playing Vulpera, as we start with small bags again in Mop Remix.

And Vulpera have extra bag slots…

I am super excited for this! I wasn’t able to play MOP when it was live and being able to come back with this new feature is awesome! Thank you Blizzard!

we do? I mean I only played on pts for like half an hour, long enough to finish prologue and make it to MOP starting quests, but I had gigantic bags equipped. did they change that?

Extremely excited for this game mode. Pandaria was one of my favorite expansions and I’m excited to start a new character that carries over. Genius idea in my opinion. I hope this is a regular thing that continues with other expansions.

1 Like

I wonder if we can use this event to level allied races such as the Highmountain for the tmog and achievement.

Blizzard confirmed you can:

1 Like

Is there a chance that if you have any of the new race and class combos ready, you could release them. Don’t understand why you hold them back until all of them are done. Release what you have, and let us enjoy some of the new combos, if you have any of them done.

1 Like

Just about to complete pre-req for Mechagnomes, according to this it looks like it would be in my favor to wait to level him when the event starts. Can I get a ‘Huuyeah’ for confirmation?

I am looking forward to leveling a character, but only doing one I won’t have time to do it for other alts.

You really need to let people who dont have game time to get to max level since this is a spin-off.

Looking for confirmation on whether we will be able to flex raid normal/heroic - My guild is so pumped for this but if we cant all raid together at once then its going to put a huge damper on it. We are most excited to re-experience the raids and I think this is something that should have been included in the info. IF i missed something happy to be pointed in the right direction, but I have not found anything to confirm. Thanks!

Okay, i take back what I said a month ago. From what I saw in the ad about this thing, I’m interested.

But I still want a housing cozy WoW style next.

It’s an interesting take. I wonder if events like this and plunderstorm will be seasonal alongside M+/raid tiers? They feel like d3 seasons in that at seasons end, paragon and loot are rolled into the non-season character list.