Undead Souls in The Maw

So what do think is meant by “their souls are partially attached”? If something is partially attached where is the rest of it?

You hit the nail on the head when you said that they have a few screws missing, which is my main point.

Not what I meant at all. That has never even crossed my mind.

I assume when the souls is back in the Shadowlands that its a pure untainted soul free of any dark necromancy magic that twist the soul.

So the idea is that since undead aren’t responsible for their actions, they shouldn’t be punished for anything - anything - they do.

Deathisfinal has made an excellent case for wiping the Forsaken out entirely. They are literally better off dead, when they are made whole again in an afterlife. Until then, they can’t be trusted to make a rational decision, and if they do something heinous (as they keep doing), they’re not responsible anyway. Better to help them now by destroying the shell that is only tormenting them (“cursed” as Deathisfinal says).

3 Likes

I see no fault in this

Not what I meant at all. That has never even crossed my mind.

I assume when the souls is back in the Shadowlands that its a pure untainted soul free of any dark necromancy magic that twist the soul.

(Wanted to make sure you didn’t miss my edit)

They are still responisable for the actions they did, blizzard hasnt said anything that suggests otherwise

2 Likes

You know Anduin put the Alliance leadership in their places the last time that was suggested. He will never allow it. lol

The crux of the OP and my argument.

Edit: You know I’ve been so focused on Priestess Sally going bad because she has missing screws now, but what about serial killer racist Dan who died, resurrected a Forsaken and is now helping the orphanage.

(Stares at Shadowland judge and jury)

Kael’thas did not succeed in burning them all, so yes she is.

2 Likes

They are still judged the same, the maw is only for people who are pure evil like sylvanas, kael didnt even go there.

1 Like

Exactly my point, curse of undeath, missing screws, partially attached souls etc etc none of it is taken into consideration.

Why should it, there are people who became undead that didnt go on murderous rampages.

2 Likes

Because its not something that sweet ole grandma sally would have done if she wasn’t cursed with undeath, missing screws and all.

Yeah not all Forsaken are evil. Some are just sad and lost and trying to keep going. BTS illustrated that. Also, you know, my favorite former forsaken, Leonid Bartholomew is absolutely never going to the Maw. Ever.

2 Likes

Some are, and dare I say they weren’t evil while alive nor is it something they would contemplate doing while alive. Something is different. The curse of undeath isn’t a skin disease. If you ask me its the worst curse imaginable in the WoW setting.

2 Likes

It’s a logical extension of your argument though. The undead are in torment, their souls are partially attached, and they can only be made whole again in the afterlife. It’s therefore a merciful act to end their torment and send them to that afterlife.

In-game, Anduin ruled that out, probably because there are many Forsaken who aren’t monsters like Sylvanas.

Anyway, to use your example: undead grandma goes on a killing spree. Who is responsible for that, who should be punished? What justice do the victims get?

I agree 100%, it could be a merciful act to return them to the grave. Heck it may even save those that my come back on the dark end of the spectrum, especially if they were in WoW heaven chilling with Uther. That would suck huh?

Grandma is directly responsible, but I would suggest helping her fight her demons rather than burning her at the stake. I would also look at ole grandma’s necromancers and trace them it back to a living person.

Edit: What do you think should happen?

Out of a the avenues this story could have gone the politics of afterlife death court may be the stupidest. Burn them all. All the souls I just want my purples.

Some Forsaken might have been mangled and twisted by dark magic, and I agree with you there.

Sylvanas was not one of them. As per Edge of Night:

No, she was the same. In death as in life.

I’m pretty sure Sylvanas crossed the point of no return that changed her afterlife from probably Bastion to the Maw by the time she was using her plague on an innocent young girl to test its potency in the Arthas: Rise of the Lich King novel.

3 Likes

I’m quite certain Kael’thas despite his willingness to bring a planet burning army to his world wasn’t willing to personally oversee the brutal death of an innocent young girl at his orders…

He is the guy who sits back away from the atrocities done by his orders. He wasn’t bothering(or willing) to witness Anveena be drained but just stood in the Magister’s Terrace’s throne room being all smug and arrogant.

Sylvanas personally oversaw the horrible death of an innocent girl. She showed how cruel she was by personally watching a most horrible act she ordered.

2 Likes

I think you could say as well that kael thas wasnt really himself cause of the stuff kill jaedan did to him.

To be fair Kael’thas was screwed over by the writers hardcore in BC (much like Illidan was beaten over the head with the villain bat, which they at least fixed in Legion). I’m really hoping they fix Kael’thas in SL. Not expecting him to come prancing back through the afterlife tulips to come back to lead the Blood Elves, but if Revendreth is where prideful/vain (which even before being villain batted Kael was that) souls go with a chance at being ultimately redeemed and go somewhere else, he has a chance.

Also…didn’t it say that when she was killed the first time Sylvanas had a few moments in a peaceful afterlife before Arthas ripped her soul back? With current SL lore it seems she originally was slated to go to Bastion, but as of Edge of Night she’d done so much evil she got sent to the Maw.

2 Likes