Undead Night Elves are NOT going to return to the Alliance

I thought this deserved its own thread.

“The kaldorei dark rangers that Lilian brought to Calia were not returning to the Alliance. They came to her because they needed guidance”

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2 cents & personal thoughts: Most here probably know my stance on this: Absolutely disgusting. It’s once again the worst possible outcome because not only are the Night Elves getting denied their undead customization option, it also means that the whole “joining your murderers to kill more of your brothers and sisters” writing is going to continue, and I’m very scared of what will happen to Tyrande in Shadowlands.
I mean I didn’t really expect much as I have already assumed that they were going to stay in the Horde, but even I would be happy about getting surprised in a positive way once in a while. Feeling absolutely hopeless for future writing now, looks like they will never stop treating the Night Elves like garbage
:pensive:

29 Likes

You know they can also make them a neutral group.

7 Likes

That wouldn’t serve any purpose either though other than denying their reuinion with their people.

13 Likes

It serves whatever purpose Blizzard wants.

2 Likes

Undead elves for Horde confirmed.

5 Likes

What good is that? It still means they’re willing to consort with their killers.

25 Likes

At this point just make them playable for the Horde, I don’t even know what to say anymore…

3 Likes

Please. Let’s not. We have more than enough playable elf options, thanks. >.<

Leave the poor sods alone so that Talia can administer therapy for their ordeals and maybe they can be useful later when dealing with whatever calamity the Shadowlands throw at us.

2 Likes

It’s good they’re not going back to the Alliance, their betrayal shouldn’t be forgiven so easily.

13 Likes

Kinda feels like King Mechagon’s mechagnomes are written better than the undead night elves.

22 Likes

Until the Horde gets elf druids of some kind, we don’t have enough elves.

2 Likes

Undead Night Elf druids for the Horde…

I might even consider playing one when the original Night Elves are finally completely extinct in the lore.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted a spore druid…

1 Like

I thought it was too good to be true it had to be wrong in some way need to lower expectations with anything they say.

That’s rather extreme, isn’t it?

Pick your poison. Team up with the horde to kill their friends and family, or team up with everyone and save the world.

Well there are barely any left, I don’t think the race will survive many more tragedies and we all know that the race stands for nothing but tragedy and suffering at this point.

1 Like

While the civilian population took a hit, there were enough elves to fill Stormwind and Elwynn. There’s also always “enough” of anything. We still fight the scarlets from time to time, or raid some trolls.

8 Likes

There are dangers that encroach various races when we encounter them in the story, no one owns that tragedy and suffering.

There are now barely enough night elven settlements in Kalimdor though the race has been rescued plenty of times.

Betrayal? Now that’s a take.

1 Like