Undead is the way to go

Sleep, eat, and drink when you want to. Or don’t ever, if you don’t want to. Look however you want, be as strong as the parts you’ve made/taken. Everything hurts less. I mean, everything is less, and you’re colorblind - but as a girl with chronic pain honestly I’d take it.

Idk. Who’s on board with being raised voluntarily?

Think - no more woozy all nighters. Study your hyperfixation for three months without paying rent or going to work because you don’t need to eat and you terrify the local guards. Any time your landlord pops by show him the gigantic hole in your side and the lil ecosystem you’ve got growing there.

5 Likes

I’d rather be an immortal Draenei and not be gross.

2 Likes

You’re only gross if you don’t take care to oil and wash - same as the living.

Unlike the living, you wouldn’t sweat as an undead. You’d just get dusty. :3

Alonsus Faol and the Librarian from Before the storm are described as smelling pleasant - like an herb shop or a bookstore.

3 Likes

But you smell REALLLLLLY bad. And don’t give me “you don’t have a nose who cares?” People IRL who smell really bad are nose blind to it too. It doesn’t make them very popular.

1 Like

Again, only if you don’t take care of yourself. Same rule applies irl

1 Like

What would smell worse:

An undead, or one of those ladies who bathe in perfume and hairspray each morning.

4 Likes

:eyes:
Loving the casual misogyny

…same could be said for mechanization. :mechanical_arm::robot:

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much washing and herbing you can do to roadkill to make it smell nice. Maybe there is enough, I’ve never even had the notion to try.

The reason they do that is they are nose blind but don’t know what that is, so they put on enough that they can smell it.

Trueeeee this is purely an aesthetic choice on my end :3

1 Like

Being undead is all fun and games until you fall asleep outside and wake up to someone trying to bury you. Have you ever tried to get dirt out of a mohawk? Not fun I tell ya.

3 Likes

You ever been to a natural history museum? A lot of those are just treated skin and bones.
That’s all you’d be doing :3 Been to a wake? Corpses just…kinda are, once you take out all the soft bits you don’t need.

If a undead holds onto their organs and regularly uses them, I don’t see why they’d start actively decomposing at that point - you’ve just gotta be careful, get’em changed if you don’t use’em for a while.

This is why folks should just leave folks sleepin outside alone…you can’t just assume someone who looks dead ain’t gonna get back up in Azeroth.

I can respect that. :robot::+1:

The only trouble is it requires dying meanwhile becoming mechanical is fixing those weaknesses of the flesh. :nut_and_bolt::robot:

1 Like

Do the Forsaken not rot in WoW lore? Are they stuck how they are forever?

1 Like

They do rot. Books speak of them going insane as their brain deteriorates.

not sure i’d call it misogyny when I’ve only ever met old ladies that were in their 20s in the 80s that smell of perfume and hairspray… because that’s what the ladies DID in the 80s and they never changed.

I mean, I was around then, too… just I don’t use hairspray or perfume.

Men that smell of AXE is similar. That and Old Spice need to GO.

Wonderful question!!!

If untreated, they do rot - just very slowly. Decay is already weird in Azeroth, and essentially like - here:

Nathanos Blightcaller was kinda ripped apart when he died. He was used as a scourge soldier for a while until Sylvanas freed him. By the end of Warlords, he was starting to notice his bow-arm wasn’t as strong as it was, that the skin on his hands was more mottled with decay - notably he didn’t clean himself. Dude was real depressed.

It took six expansions and a good 15 years for a corpse in bad condition to start showing signs of wear. The magics keeping forsaken to their bodies slow the decomposition process down to a crawl.

That is why you have the Apothecaries, who work to figure out how to stop that process altogether (along with making crimes against life sometimes…) it’s why for a lot of undead, they’ve essentially had their skins cured and their squishy bits, the ones that’ll rot and smell quickly, removed. You can taxidermy yourself and go along with life, essentially - just missing things like…the ability to eat without cleaning that out afterwards.

1 Like

walks by and sprinkles sand in all of Breakcog’s cogs

Oh, excuse me.

1 Like

Like I agree, some folks overload on the scents, but it ain’t a gender specific thing is all. Like you said, axe and cologne boys have a repulsion aura.

Also just - lotta old men of a specific predisposition on this site. Someone’s gotta tell’em to shove off at some point. Or just that like - you can voice an opinion without writing off folks.

1 Like

DK is the way to go

Undead but in significantly better shape

2 Likes