Unbound Changeling

Yesterday this was the haste proc… Today it was changed to mastery. Is this a bug or intentional?

This is what came up:

Your [Unbound Changeling] was changed to [Unbound Changeling].
Your [Unbound Changeling] was changed to [Unbound Changeling].
Your [Unbound Changeling] was changed to [Unbound Changeling

Now this trinket was from the vault and i chose it because of the haste item. I would not have picked it if it was mastery.

1 Like

I looked up the item and found

https://www.wowhead.com/item=178708/unbound-changeling?bonus=6917#comments
There are four versions of this trinket, determined by which bonus IDs are present on it.

• one gives a crit buff, Unbound Changeling, with bonus ID 6916
  • one gives a haste buff, Unbound Changeling, with bonus ID 6917
  • one gives a mastery buff, Unbound Changeling, with bonus ID 6918
  • one gives a crit, haste, and mastery buff; Unbound Changeling, with bonus ID 6915
    The crit, haste, and mastery buff has around 41.8% of each stat relative to the buffs that only buff a single primary stat, which can make it stronger if all three stats are strong for your specialization.

This trinket can change its bonus ID whenever you gain any Well Fed buff. If you eat Spinefin Souffle and Fries, Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic, or Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce it will usually become the crit, haste, or mastery version, respectively. However, there is a low chance the first time you gain a Well Fed buff each day that it will instead become the Unbound Changeling version, which will persist until the trinket is unequipped, the player dies, or the player logs out; at which point it will randomly turn into one of the other three versions. You can track the status of whether the trinket is still able to transform into the three stat version each day with the following script. If the quest is complete, then you cannot attempt to transform it until the next daily reset.

8 Likes

FYI I’m editing, it copied more than I intended

Thank you for that :slight_smile:

1 Like