Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

What can I say other than that it is extremely self-centered to judge content according to what your personal playtime allows and doesn’t? Classic rewards you according to the amount of time you play. That’s the kind of game it is.

4 Likes

Which you can put in whatever you want. No rush. No one is going to force anyone to get to 60 with a carrot on a stick. It’s going to be great.

I never said it we should remake or use bfa reasoning. Im asking you how you can sit there and hold the opinion that its bad in bfa at the same time as say their stated reason for not having the mounts in classic is a sound one without a shred of irony? It seems to me the they only seem to care when it comes to exclusivity and not wanting people rushing to the end when they can use it to justify not doing any work more than porting classic and developing layering tech.

I’m telling you the logic of using limited time rewards is the logic of retail and BfA. Putting the mounts in as a limited time reward would be counter to Vanilla.

Putting the mounts in would be simple. The game has thousands of textured items. The reason they don’t want to do it is because they know the mounts aren’t a big deal and if they added them they’d become a big deal. They’re unfinished - you’re not supposed to care about them. That’s why they got rid of them. They weren’t MT rewards for being good at your class. It’s like getting attached to a glitch or a bug in the game. It’s not supposed to be there.

This entire post is the most selfish arrogant cringiest things I think I’ve ever read in these forums. This post shows you as a bad faith actor and a troll. If in the small chance you actually believe what you wrote is rational all I can say is wtf bro.

I’m sure you know the CoC calls out personal attacks. I explained my opinion and my reasoning for holding such an opinion. Now as a thank you I get you telling me I’m arrogant, a bad faith actor, and a troll. Then you call me irrational? Come on.

You’ll just need to accept that Blizzard isn’t going to add the mounts. If they could add them and it’d be no big deal, I’d be behind it. I agree with them, however. It would change the dynamic of the game from how it was in Vanilla. It would be a big change. Sorry I don’t agree with you.

1 Like

I’m REALLY confused. Unless there are two different Vakul’s, then this is the same guy who created a thread on including tokens in Classic WoW.

The thread was flag hidden and then mysteriously disappeared.

This is also the same guy who posted his support for transmogs to be included in that now locked thread.

Now he takes a few days away and when he comes back he’s a champion of #NoChanges?!?! Were you hacked or something? Were all of those pro-change threads and posts made by hackers? This isn’t the stance you previously adopted.

5 Likes

Sorry, but this thread isn’t about the Token or Transmogs, I’m here to talk about the topic at hand.

In this case, I think Blizzard is doing the right thing, and the change would not be in the spirit of Vanilla or make the game better. All players should start the game thinking they have all the time they need to get to 60. People should enjoy Classic, not rush through it for a retail style limited time reward to push daily active users.

Really calling you out for trolling is a personal attack? Also i never called you arrogant I said your post was arrogant. And I called you a bad faith actor because you really dont care why blizzard actually said they dont want them in and made up your own little story about them not being finished and how it will effect you in some way. Thats the epitome of a bad faith argument and by extension trolling. Which can be defined as posting with the intention of being inflammatory. Someone who commits the act of trolling is a troll. Same as someone who abusues the report feature.

1 Like

No plz move on to layering or something

How about we get back to the argument shall we? I’m 100% certain I’m not a troll, and I don’t really need to convince you of anything.

The mounts were unfinished. Why would they take them out and replace them if they wanted them to be in the finished game? Why not let players choose for themselves? They removed them, and only the players who had bought them could trade up because they knew it was important for players to feel like there rewards wouldn’t be pulled out from under there feet.

It will affect everyone who plays. No one in Vanilla knew they were a “limited time reward”. If they were added, they would be the most accessibly limited time reward in a version of the game were limited time rewards are withheld for only those that put in server first effort. They are too accessible, and it would be too drastic of a change.

I expected a dodge.

I’m simply trying to understand why your post history (which everyone can see) shows you asking for various changes but when it comes to the mounts issue you’re strictly no changes.

I personally don’t think they should be added, but I’m curious why you’ve posted in multiple threads about changes like tokens, transmogs, Classic+ and new content, but you shoot this one idea down quoting #NoChanges.

How can anyone accept what you say about #NoChanges for unarmoured mounts when you’ve personally campaigned for changes that were even beyond Classic and which came from expansions like Cataclysm.

It kind of destroys and undermines any credibility to your arguments. You need to pick a principle and stick to it. You cannot preach #NoChanges in one thread whilst asking for changes in the other threads.

I’m glad that you understand finally the importance of #NoChanges but I’m confused why you still seek changes on a variety of topics.

That’s why I ask if you were hacked as even the way you form your arguments now is more detailed and structured than a week ago, it’s like someone hacked you and trolled us and then you got your account back and we got the real Vakul back.

Anyone can click your profile and immediately see your posts, many of which are asking for none Classic changes.

4 Likes

I’m not dodging anything. The topic of the thread is unarmored mounts, not Vakul’s personal beliefs. I’m not here to discuss things that are off topic. In this particular case, I am against a change I feel would make not be good for the players and would be against the spirit of Vanilla. Hardcore content is for a very, very small minority of players in Vanilla and casuals should not feel forced into anything. Take it at your own pace. Aside from the scepter, there will always be guilds to raid with, you can always go up the honor ranks, you can always get the wintersaber, etc.

I’m not being nasty when I say this I’m just pointing out that coming here and quoting #NoChanges can seem extremely contradictory and hypocritical coming from someone who’s entire post history is a list of change requests. The good thing about armoured mounts if they get added is that nobody is forcing you to pursue them. You have the choice to ignore them. Whilst against the idea, I have to say that you and I appear to be in the minority camp. Far more people see this as a major issue. If the majority wants them added in, I’ll accept it in the spirit of democracy.

4 Likes

WoW is based on collecting rewards. You can ignore them the same way an addict can ignore their addiction. Which is to say it’s difficult and unpleasant. I don’t think people should be forced to go through with that. Limited time rewards should be a once in a server thing. Which they are; the scepter is only had by a handful of people on each server during that one day event.

I think this thread, the previous thread and the petition which has a few thousand signatures proves that more people want the mounts than don’t. I’d accept the mounts if the majority truly willed it, as they seem to, but I don’t support it. I do support the thread after the very underhand manner in which the last one we purged.

If it was that big of a deal as you seem to be making out to be then why was it an option to trade them in? If they were so ashamed of their “shoddy” work (even though there are obviously a lot of people that prefer them) why are they allowed to still be in game? They have shown in the past that if they want someone to give up something they will just take it away.

On top of that you need to show how them being unfinished has any bearing on people wanting them. Not everyone cares about mounts enough to race to 60 for unarmored mounts alone. You would have to establish how many people that wouldnt have raced to 60 would do it exclusively for the mounts. I don tthink you can put a number on it. Also if they did race to 60 you would have to establish that their experience leveling was “bad” or made “worse” by the mounts alone before i could take that argument seriously.

As ive said I can accept them not being in the game. Im not really a big fan of the unarmored mounts except for the horses. I just dont want them bs on why they arent putting them in. We can agree to disagree since neither of us know anything other than what they have said officially as to why they wont do it. Same as 1.x av. I would think you’d see the inherent “you think you do but you dont” attitude that seems to permeate the reasoning for 1.12 av and the unarmored mounts.

2 Likes

One thing people keep getting wrong is stating they were not in 1.12. They were in 1.12 for anyone who has previously gained them. If they were not part of 1.12, why was a trade in system implemented. People didn’t have to trade them in they could keep the old ones for a while so the mounts had to exist in 1.12 otherwise why have an exchange system?

4 Likes

How would casuals feel forced into racing to level 60 for a mount and how is that different then them feeling forced to raid mc for tier 1?

3 Likes

Heck they still exist in 8.2 but he will dodge that and go back to the “but they weren’t finished” well.

3 Likes