Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Exactly, 60 is the goal, end game is the goal, people will be rushing to experience that and to get server firsts. Having a limited time mount that you can achieve along that same journey seems to have a limited impact on anything.

3 Likes

The thing we have to keep in mind is that the person we’re currently debating with is contradicting and undermining himself constantly. If you check his posting history he has personally campaigned for tokens, transmogs, Classic+, new content and more. His posts have always disregarded the core ethos, principles and design goals of the Classic project. However, for reasons unknown, he’s done a complete 180 in this thread and decided that he is now a champion of #NoChanges but only for unarmoured mounts. That doesn’t sit right with me. Something’s not right.

5 Likes

I’ve explained several times why this is the case. They do not want to take away rewards people have already earned. If you felt like Blizzard would take away your rewards, you’d be less likely to want to get them, which would hurt player retention.

No we don’t have to put any numbers on it. The people who want them have to prove that an overwhelming majority of players would want them in the game in a certain way. Since that’s practically impossible, we are settling for not putting them in to be safe.

You can raid MC at any time. One year from now. Five years from now. It will be there.

I think the original mega thread of 2000 posts, this thread and the petition do prove that most players do want them included. On the other hand, opposition has been quiet by comparison.

3 Likes

If the game drew in one million players, which seems like a fair estimate, you’d need 100,000 people to agree with you to just get 10% of the players on board. A thread with one hundred people, half of whom are against, is hardly a community consensus.

Your the one making a positive claim that the mounts being time gated will produce people being rushed to end game amd that it will be negative on the players and game the burden of proof is on you. You also literally said that people shouldnt be forced to go through something they dont want for rewards because its uncomfortable. How is a causal that only likes dungeons feeling forced to go into molten core for tier 1 any different

1 Like

It is most certainly a community consensus when so many are posting and predominantly in favour. The whole ‘there are people who don’t use the forums and won’t vote argument’ is void. If they’re too lazy to come here and cast their votes, they cannot complain when their preference is ignored. If they cared, they’d vote. You can only base it on the actual turnout and, as it stands, more are in favour of adding the mounts, sorry. That’s democratic, we have to accept that.

4 Likes

Sorry Fesz, although I agree with you on a lot of things, on this one I can not. It feels idiotic.
I realise that these mounts will not be making it into the game, they deleted a thread with over 1K posts.
I will express my feelings on this matter, it is a discussion forum after all.
:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

No, the burden on the proof is on those that want to prove that putting the mounts back in isn’t dangerous. Keeping them out is safe. Putting them in involves some form of risk. I believe that is it high, but I am arguing the status quo.

This isn’t a democracy, it’s just a forum - a place to discuss things. In fact it’s a monarchy. Anyone can beg the king to do something, but it’s his choice. Blizzard has made their ruling on this, but you could change their mind with the right argument. It has to be an argument they haven’t heard before though, or it has to challenge an assumption they’ve made. They are assuming that leveling would be worse off with the mounts. You’ll have to prove to them otherwise.

That was proven by the 2000+mega thread, the petition signed by thousands and now this new thread which is still in the process of gaining traction. The old thread sure had those opposed to implementing the mounts, but we were the minority, whether that’s hard to swallow.

Give this thread a few days to gain speed like the last one did.

Arguments alone don’t win, the number behind them do. Look at the announcement about non language servers in the EU. 4k posts on EU forums, 11k on the German one alone. Remember what happened with Real ID and how community feedback forced them to abandon their plans.

7 Likes

Who are you to decide how much I should play? I’m old enough to be retired. I think I can make my own decisions on how much I should play, tyvm.

6 Likes

Yes you get to decide. Likewise, so do I and the people that want to take our sweet, sweet time. No limited time rewards making people chomp at the bit or to drive more subs. It’s going to be great.

So then go ahead and take your time. You can’t proceed with that plan if there were a mount available for only patch one?
Everyone must go without because Vakul has issues with self control, give it a break buster.

7 Likes

He only seems to care about whether features benefit his personal playstyle or not. That’s the only logic behind it.

5 Likes

Wrong. The mounts were in the game and usable in 1.12. The defualt position would be for them to be there in classic. You are the one making a claim. Your saying they will cause a problem im saying i dont believe you prove it. Also why would subs be effected by a mount that will be there in the begining when the game would have been at its highest pop? I can see if they put them in after 6 months when subs dipped making that claim but it makes no sense the way you put it.

Also the fact that there is content you cant obtain without working harder than YOU want to is rubbish. Like you said youll never get the scarab lord which is a timed event that requires more workt than youll do as a casual. Same as naxx. If you were a casual and really really wanted scarab lord too bad. Same as these mounts. The fact is YOU want them but you arent willing to put in the work to get them in time. The fact is you are only against them for your own personal reasons not for the good of the game. At least be truthful when it comes to your motivation.

How about a compromise make them available for the limited time then put them in the black market auction house. Bam. The intiial people that want to race for them can get them and people wknt feel the need to race the only negative is the price will be significantly lower as the reward for getting them in time and easier to obtain. Which would keep them as a unique mount so you dont diminish their value as a rare item. Hell they could do the same with the pets so you feel better.

2 Likes

We aren’t getting 1.1 - 1.12 vanilla wow, we are getting Classic. Classic at 1.12 with gated content.

If we add these mounts that aren’t part of 1.12 or Gate these mounts in and out of existance, then that goes against the idea of classic.

What is logical about adding in things that aren’t 1.12 and then removing them a few months later.

It has nothing in common with the rest of the project.

Or should we do this with other things aswell?

For example From the linkens Q line there is a Offhand which used to give an effect of reducing the mana by ?? of every spell, this was later changed to Spellpower.

Should we then also say we want that item first and to have it later be removed/reworked?

What is this idea abour bringing in things from older patches, just so a few hardcore players can get them and feel like they are better than others.

This is something Pservers did and not something Id like to see here, keep the PS elitism out of classic wow.

This is practically a classic+ thread.

1 Like

The mounts didnt go away they were there in 1.12. Your acting as if they waved a magic wand and got rid of them. They were in 1.12 and they are still in bfa. If it was that big of a deal they would have taken them out and not given the choice. If you make them available then take them away its exactly like vanilla and therefore doesn’t go against the idea of classic.

Your example is apples and oranges. One is an item in game that has an effect on things in game. The other is a mount that is a reskin. They are not even the same thing. How is having mounts that were and still are in the game be there all the same be classic+? That makes less sense than the rest of your post.

How about do the same as with the pets give people that have the mounts in bfa and never traded them in the opportunity to buy them and them alone. There fixed and no change from vanilla. I dont even care about these mounts tbh. I do care about people like yourself making horrible arguments why something as dumb as armorless mounts would be such a detriment to the game. And blizzards bs reason as to why they wont add them. The best part is you think people that want them are the irrational ones. Lol

1 Like

Yes, they did get rid of them. Just because a few people still had them in their inventory, doesn’t mean they were accessible to be acquired.

Dude. I don’t think you’ve played Classic at all. Rank 14 can be achieved by anyone in theory, if you play enough (no real skill required). So your point doesn’t make sense.

You’re trying to say that you don’t want a reward that anyone can get, for people that play a lot, but at the same time you’re fine with PvP rankings and rewards when they are essentially exactly that.

You’re contradicting yourself in a lot of points and I don’t know why you continue to embarrass yourself in this thread.

And don’t give me the bull “limited time” Even if they give you 20 years, you will still never reach rank 14.

2 Likes

Personally, I couldn’t give less of a damn about the unarmoured mounts. They look worse than the armoured ones - and collecting mounts for the sake of collecting mounts is for retail.