Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Not sure how many, I would argue enough would. The mindset Blizzard has taken regarding the mounts is a damaging one. Ignoring this particular topic, if Classic is launched and isn’t what the player base asked for… How long until Private server’s pop up with what the player base is asking for? Post Classic, private servers would have a more accurate version to copy.

EDIT

100% this.

3 Likes

Dimetra brings up a great point. If this product doesn’t end up being the game people are looking for, they will go somewhere else. While this change may not be the straw that breaks the camels back, it is starting the pile, in any case.

5 Likes

And another point, one which I’m including in my letter… If unarmored mounts are so worthwhile that they are worried people may rush to 60 for them, does that not show that those items are part of the game that people really, really want?

3 Likes

We all know that some things are being time gated.

Please tell us all what will not be in its 1.12 state when implemented, though.

We don’t know yet, which is part of why asking for this specific thing still feels worthwhile. There is no list, only the fact that they are not making everything 1.12. They are making some items, quests, vendor lists, and loot tables adjusted for some patches, but we don’t know what.

3 Likes

Vanilla WoW, and soon Classic, was a charming, engaging, and cartoonish game. It was loads of fun. I understand fully wanting to enjoy the game again. But I don’t (I’ve never) understood this kind of item fetishism. What is the drive to so passionately want this junk?

It’s your business. No need to respond. I’m not really asking a question. We all play the game for personal reasons. I do believe that the vast majority of Classic players just don’t carry the investment in these rare, purely cosmetic things that you guys are so emotional about.

So, you cannot even give one example of something that will not be in its 1.12 state when it is implemented. I’m not surprised.

It seems that you just want to make the unsubstantiated claim that not everything will be in its 1.12 state to try to support your goal.

The fact is the evidence would indicate that Blizzard has consistently chosen the 1.12 version of things that changed during vanilla. That would seem to include the version of epic mounts sold by the mount vendors.

I don’t feel an attachment to this item neccesarily, I feel an attachment to the things that I experienced playing WoW for the first time. Part of that experience was seeing epic people in epic gear the first time I walked into Orgrimmar. Recognizing the player before you could see their nameplate just by their armor and mount was cool. Imagine that they were taking away almost any other part of the game in it’s entirety and I would likely be responding the same way.

Personally, I won’t be playing a race that can ride one, and I’m hesitant to commit to the reputation grind. But I absolutely want them to be part of the game because unarmored mounts were part of the game.

5 Likes

Lol, we literally don’t know, how do you expect me to produce a list? Blizzard is the one that said not everything will be in it’s 1.12 state, not me. Go google it or something.

3 Likes

It could be desirability, or it could simply be exclusivity. Some people will always feel pressured to rush if exclusive/limited content is on the line.

Personally the Ivory Raptor is the only unarmored I’d ever want. That thing is super smooth looking. I still wouldn’t rush for it though.

2 Likes

And we can continue to discuss our opinions on this matter if we choose to do so. You may counter, you may ignore, it’s your choice.
No one here is crying or whining, they are discussing. Exactly what discussion forums are built for.

6 Likes

Honestly me either, but with the Vanilla time frame of 5.5 months, I don’t feel like it would be out of reach at all for a lot of people. Now, the reputation grind on the other hand… if I was going to ride it on the Undead I plan to have, I’d have to sacrifice my first epic mount to buy one that I wouldn’t have the faction to ride yet. Really dunno about that part. 1000g is a huge investment to blow on something it might take months and even more gold to grind rep for.

I agree with you that the Ivory Raptor is the best looking, but I knew a few people who were enamored with their Teal Kodo as well. Personally, I liked the battle drum look of the armored Kodo’s, but again, to each his own.

1 Like

I’ve kept up with the bulk of this thread as it’s grown. No one here has stated they won’t play without the mounts. Many have said that the game will feel like it’s missing an important visual.
Again, it’s ok if we discuss it.

7 Likes

What Piptak said ^^

There is one more point to make, however. If the Unarmored Mounts were in the game they could keep a lot of people engaged and play for a lot longer.

6 Likes

It’s hard for me to give a company money who censors (deleted a thread with over 1k+ posts about this issue) and ignores an issue players are passionate about it. The fact that they are calling this “classic” with out having the most classic mounts is an epic fail. Classic is a cash grab and damage control for private servers. Anyone who thinks this is a passion project or they are doing us a favor couldn’t be more wrong.

5 Likes

I’m still hoping to be wrong, and I wholeheartedly sympathize with this sentiment… I still think its too early to tell. I for one have 0 issues with Blizzard making more money, when it doesn’t come at the cost of the product being unenjoyable for anyone who sits down to play it.

There is a big difference in my mind between Corporate Greed, and wholesome business practices that invite mass consumers to their product.

4 Likes

by this logic they shouldn’t add the scarab lord mount…

7 Likes

And a reasonable solution for this problem would be to have them buyable for 1000g for all of Classic, which is more authentic, in my opinion then not having them at all.

2 Likes

Even then you don’t have to rush to 60 for it, there would be plenty of time for player who are interested in the mount to to level up and earn the gold for it.

3 Likes

I have yet to see Blizzard listening to fans feedback. To me it seems they only “listen” when both parties agree on the same thing.

1 Like