Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

So we waited 10+ years to get an UNCOMPLETED VERSION OF THE GAME WE ALL WANTED. THANKS BLIZZ. MAYBE IN 10 MORE YEARS YOU WILL GET COMPETENT ENOUGH TO DO RIGHT BY FANS. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Indeed, that’s what it feels like to me, and also something I’m bringing up in my letter. In the end, Classic without unarmored mounts will always feel like it’s missing something.

4 Likes

lets not forget they deleted a thread about this topic with over 1k+ posts and continue to ignore this one.

5 Likes

Let’s not forget thatbthey deleted that thread because an advocate for unarmored mounts CHOSE to WILLFULLY AND DELIBERATELY violate the forum CoC.

You may think that Blizzard reacted too harshly.

The fact remains, though, that if that person not deliberately violated the forum CoC, Blizzard would have had no cause to react.

IMO, you have only the person that deliberately chose to violate the forum CoC to blame for the previous thread’s deletion.

These mounts not being included at the start of classic using the reasoning of “we don’t want players to feel pressured if they want to go at a slower/casual pace” is completely backwards. It is a nice approach in theory but indicates a potential catering to casual players which wasn’t the outlook in vanilla.

You could apply this logic to many other items and events in vanilla because it would pressure them into playing differently then they’d like to. Are we going to open up a longer time window for AQ Scepter turn ins so people aren’t pressured to play day and night to have a shot at the mount? How about ZG mounts, people who want those feel pressured to not miss a single lockout. Maybe we just hand out free raid loot since people might feel pressured to raid consistently. Top PvP rewards require endless hours of grinding honor and provide some of the best loot. Maybe we make that grind easier.

This decision sets a dangerous precedent imo. If people don’t want to rush or put in a certain amount of effort in order to achieve certain objectives that’s their choice. Don’t launch classic and punish the people who want to do otherwise.

10 Likes

Agreed. Part of what made Vanilla feel so unique is that not everyone could have, or even should have, the ability to get everything. Now look at the state of mounts. There’s hundreds, each one shinier and more grandiose than the last. Same with armors. T1 was epic without particle effects and the souls of the damned popping out of your shoulderpieces all the time. Live looks like a pile of unicorn puke because of it imo.

4 Likes

why does this fezs guy keep trying to play devils advocate and why is he always posting in this thread 24/7?? he seems like a paid poster / damage control??

5 Likes

Fezs is an acquired taste and a pretty good dude. He is very passionate about things and is willing to take people to task over fast and lose facts.

We don’t always get along, but I get him.

This on the other hand. . Really? Uh. . that’s not a real thing but just something someone who has no valid argument uses :slight_smile:

The way I see it, he’s the second most frequent poster, and has bumped the thread over 100 times. More power to him.

4 Likes

You might want to recheck that.

The top four posters are alliance, so at best I am the fifth most frequent poster with less than a hundred posts.

Mine shows you as second with 124 replies. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong spot. Regardless, thanks for the bump.

2 Likes

1300 posts with their customer’s thoughts and opinions could have been managed better. Nothing a cursory glance from a moderator couldn’t handle, the fact that they censored 1299 posts is Blizzard’s fault.

2 Likes

You know if he was a paid shill I’d be fine with that. I think he isn’t however, which makes it even more sad.

1 Like

Waiting for them to remove MC and Ony so they don’t have people feeling that they need to rush to 60.

3 Likes

If the COC had not been violated, Blizzard would have had no reason to take action, right?

Did Blizzard violate the COC or was it an advocate for unarmored mounts?

The question really should be, in similar instances, do entire threads get deleted because of one poster, or do they remove the individual poster? Whatever the answer to that question is should be what happened in that thread.

1 Like

One post violates the COC, remove that post and time out the poster. That seems reasonable.
Delete over 1K posts to elimate a bad post, seems like overkill… imo.
:smirk_cat:

1 Like

We’ve seen it handled both ways.

IMO, that would seem to indicate that there is no hard and fast, set in stone policy. That is just my opinion, but then I am not looking to play the victim and place blame where it does not belong.

but indicates a potential catering to casual players which wasn’t the outlook in vanilla.

lol

I know Classic is hard core by modern standards, but this is absolutely 100% false for 2004. Try and avoid such blatant historical revisionism in the future.

When the victim is the customer, in this case 1299 posts. Speculation would have it they didn’t want to hear what those posts were saying. Thus censorship, which way they’ve handled it in the past is moot, as this situation wasn’t necessary.