Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

I’d like the unarmored mounts, but at this point I think they need to focus on getting all classes to function and having a combat system that vaguely works before release.

2 Likes

Maybe they can make the Ivory Raptor a store mount for Classic :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is a binary choice. Two options. Without the mount, you can consider many more evenly balanced factors. Do you want to level professions while you’re getting to 60? Do you want to quest or grind? Do you want to play for an hour a day? Do you want to get every flight point? The list goes on.

The unarmored mounts heavily weigh rushing to 60 and grinding gold - which drowns out all the other variables in the calculation. That means there is only an illusion of choice. Really you are limited to a binary yes or no decision.

1 Like

So choose no mount, level as you wish? I don’t see how removing the option for others is going to effect you.

6 Likes

He is one of those kids with the mindset of “If I can’t have it, nobody should!” But I think he is just a troll in general.

3 Likes

I do respect Vakul’s ability to discuss things without being inflammatory, I just don’t agree with him haha.

7 Likes

There is absolutely no reason to argue with him, so I started to ignore his replies to me. He is just baiting and wanting attention.

2 Likes

It won’t just affect me. Blizzard’s sole reasoning on this issue - the only real reason they have given, is because it will impact player choice. If players have free will and have many factors to consider when choosing how to level, they will fall into a normal distribution. If there is a single factor that will drown out the other factors, they will fall into a binomial distribution. The “yes or no” question of pursuing the mount will override too many factors and will unbalance player motivation.

Other people have also proposed adding the mounts permanently, which might shift us back into a normal distribution, but then you’ve added in a change to the game. The mounts were never permanent, nor were they sold at the same time as the swift mounts.

1 Like

[citation needed]

They released the unarmored mounts, then decided they were too boring, and made armored mounts that had a distinctive difference.

When did they ever say they were’t meant to be released??

7 Likes

Not to mention that the NPC’s are still riding these same models 15 years later.

2 Likes

And some lucky players.

4 Likes

At some point they decided that they did not want players to ride them. NPCs have lots of assets that are reused or are not available to players. Obviously if they can save even a little bit of time by reusing the mounts, that’s more time they can invest in new content.

After 1.4, however, there is no disputing that Blizzard decided they liked the swift mounts better. That was there vision for how Vanilla should be.

2 Likes

They wanted more visual distinctness between the Epic and Rare mounts. An Ivory Raptor looks like a white Green Raptor, so a newer player doesn’t recognize that it’s epic and stare as they go past.

4 Likes

LAUGHABLE, absolutely LAUGHABLE that people are still saying things like “these were placeholders, they were never meant to be in the game”

YOU ARE LITERALLY MAKING THINGS UP

6 Likes

Yes, there is a difference between a placeholder and a cosmetic upgrade.

4 Likes

They are in denial. They know the unarmored mounts will be more popular than the armored version.

2 Likes

You’d think the price would be indicator enough that this Raptor’s a bit on the faster side. “This one’s got spring in his step, mon. He costs extra, though.”

I still think both Unarmored and Armored epic mounts should be available for the entire duration of Classic. Think of it as a perk for coming back home. They can still only be enjoyed in Classic because they won’t transfer back to Retail. Especially since unlike Retail you can’t use unarmored slow mounts at epic running speed.

9 Likes

It is always a binary choice. You can choose to level slow and not care about the mounts or you can rush to 60 to get the mounts. Its the same binary that is there if the mounts aren’t in the game. You can choose to level slow or level fast. The only difference is there is another perk of you level fast. The same perks in leveling fast and slow are still there, there’s just one more for leveling fast. Leveling professions isnt a 3rd option it is connected to and a perk of leveling slow. Dont try to tell us that it’s a seperate choice. Its part of the binary a. fast b. slow. If you feel that a certain perk of leveling fast is worth it more than leveling slow thats your choice you weren’t forced.

Its like saying people are forced to raid because they want teir 1. In so far as they want the reward they need to do the thing that gives you the perk. Your not forced to get the perk. Thats the issue.

4 Likes

All you do is come in here and call people who disagree with you trolls. You should frankly be banned for it. He is not trolling and you really need to get over it with your baseless personal attacks on them.

As for the mounts, they were not intended to be in the game permanently. The only reason they are still in retail is because of the blowback that would have happened if they outright removed them from people (and no, NPC’s don’t count). This time around, they can easily avoid having to remove them while having their intended, non-placeholder version in the game. If I were in their shoes I would take the same approach.

1 Like

Not at all. I’ve argued with plenty of people on here who actually have a decent argument and are not trolls.

But all YOU do is come in here and troll. Frankly you should be permanently banned, but alas it’s not the case.

1 Like