Unarmored Mounts Decision Feedback

I agree, and this is the first one they’ve done. I see why they’ve done it, and it’s not that bad of a difference, but it will inevitably open the flood gates of “MAH CHANGE TOO”.

changes that happened within vanilla are changes allowed to happen in classic. we dont want changes fromt hings outside of vanilla. that is the whole point of #nochanges you want authentic experience, you need the old mounts… by the time they were removed, it would be around phase 2 of the classic timeline. so have them in there for 1 phase, aka a few months as a built in AotC for classic players. it shows uniqueness. blizzard shouldnt care about people who dont get the mount as a result of speed leveling.

1 Like

Allowed by who?

As I said, this is the first non 1.12 system change they’ve taken, and Ohshiftson raises a good point that they haven’t been picking and choosing, and that’s a good thing.

Add the mounts and keep them at the vendor i ageee OP

It’s not a change from 1.12 as the original mount system was used in 1.12, until 1.12.1 when the change was made in preparation for TBC.

yikes. I can’t believe they think not letting us get these mounts is a good idea. so cringe and so wrong.

1 Like

Im not sure why they would remove them instead of just adding them and not removing them? Why remove content that was in the original game? Not so classic … 'classic" it appears

1 Like

No one said things are being removed forever

You clearly dont understand.

Oh sure.

For 19.99 you can have your very own choice of racial unarmored mount. We totally changed our minds since launch and think this is the fairest way to add it back in.

CC and PayPal accepted.

1 Like

Classic wow with out the classic mounts what a joke

2 Likes

Fire whoever thought this was a good idea to make these CLASSIC mounts UNOBTAINABLE in ClASSIC.

We know some people are interested in them, but we don’t want to put them in for a limited period of time, because we didn’t want to influence people through their first leveling experience. Especially people coming back for the first time. We don’t want people to feel like they have to rush. If you want to level slowly and enjoy the journey, you should. That’s how I like to play–taking it slow, running every dungeon."

What annoys me most about the decision not to put the unarmoured epic mount inside the game for a limited time is this sentence. I am sick and tired of Blizzard making development decisions based on the “influence” it will have on some players.

Have they considered that maybe some people don’t want to play the game at this slow pace and would love to hustle hard to have an opportunity to be one of the few people with an unarmoured epic mount?

Isn’t the whole point of a sandbox game to let the players decided what is valuable to them and what they want to achieve. Maybe some people want to level super fast instead of “slow pace”

Stop shoving down our throats the playstyle you want us to play. Jesus.

Side note - I’m not one of those players that will try and go for an unarmoured epic mount. I’m more triggered at the quote of telling players how to play.

1 Like

Should be in the game, no reason not to just add the items to the vendor.

But Blizzard hates these mounts with a passion. If they could undo one thing in WoWs history, it would be these mounts.

Blizzard hates these mounts with a passion.

Disagree with you. No evidence to support that statement. The reason for them not wanting to add them in the game is pretty clear.

"Because we didn’t want to influence people through their first leveling experience. Especially people coming back for the first time. We don’t want people to feel like they have to rush. If you want to level slowly and enjoy the journey, you should. That’s how I like to play–taking it slow, running every dungeon."

Which again as I’ve stated above annoys me because they are telling you how to play. Maybe some people want to be more hardcore and hustle hard to get a limited time mount. Maybe that’s what they find valuable in the game. But unfortunately, they are simply not adding them into the game because they don’t want to hurt peoples feelings by them missing out… The same philosophy that brought us good old modern WoW.

That’s fine, the facts disagree with you.

Look at the facts:

• They’ve stated in the past they felt the unarmored mounts were “incomplete” and removed the ability to obtain them in the original game as well as added a new vendor in the game is replace them.
  • They stated they don’t want to add them to Classic because “they don’t want people rushing to level up to get them”, but any sane person knows some people will be rushing to level up anyway. If they’re so desirable to rush up to level for, then why not add them?
  • They’ve addressed all kinds of points regardless “authenticity”, down to literally recreating bugs, but they feel never seeing these mounts owned by a player is more authentic than having limited time availability from a vendor. What?

They don’t like them because when given the chance to recreate Vanilla, they exclude them. It’s the only logical conclusion.

1 Like

Sorry Shibah, still disagree with what you are saying. Obviously, we know that when Vanilla WoW was originally shipped that there was a lot of elements in the game that was incomplete and adjusted as patches were introduced (from t1 armor to mounts and other items)

But the real reason for not wanting to add them in the game is that people at Blizzard don’t want to incentivize or apply pressure on players to get through the content ASAP just so they can have the chance at an item that will only be available for a certain period of time.

My problem with this is it’s essentially telling players how they want them to play the game and catering to more casual players. The same philosophy and logic that they use when making development decisions for modern WoW.

Yet they constantly time-gate things all the time and rely on FOMO as a key marketing tactic? Doesn’t seem consistent.

I stand by those facts and my conclusion.

Ok well, you are wrong IMO.

2 Likes

he’s very wrong. some people like to argue against anything here even if its illogical. very odd. #ADDTHEMOUNTS