Unanswered Questions: A List

Just going to start and maintain a list of specific questions that to date have gone unanswered. If anyone has a better way to phrase them to allow for no wiggle-room answers that is welcomed and I will update accordingly. As well as questions that I have not thought of.

Blues are welcome to answer as answers are available and welcome to pass this on to the powers that be when able.

Making it a Wiki because why not?
(Will unwiki if people abuse it)

1. What AV version is being targeted?

2. Will there be separate PVE, PVP, RP and RPPVP server types?

3. If sharding is used, what are the specific limits of “starting zones” that it will be applicable to?

4. If sharding is used, what is the specific time limit that will be applied and restricted to?

5. Will Stratholme and Scholomance be in their pre-nerf or post-nerf states?

6. Will shield slam be in it’s pre or post-buff state?

7. Will there be separate forums set up for specific servers, guild recruitment and vanilla/classic classes?

8. Will the forum avatars delineate between classic and modern characters?

9. Have tuning issues from demo been fixed? Regen rates, spell crit

7 Likes

If they are considering 15 or 10 man UBRS and 10 or 5 man scholo, they are definitely looking at more than just patch 1.12. So hopefully they’ll take the best of vanilla like 1.5AV, Shield slam pre buff ect.

2 Likes

Well, yeah. They wanted us to discuss such things and would be awesome if they would acknowledge the feedback and let us know their intentions. We know that 1.12 is being used as “foundation”. We know that changes to instance content like Strat Scholo and AV happened multiple times within the vanilla span.

December 30, 2018
Added forum sections question.

hold on, what’s this pre/post buff Shield Slam thing you asked about? In what way is it buffed? I didn’t know about this

hes referring to the buff that it got in patch 1.11 or so; pre refers to before that buff

however, since they said they aren’t doing class balance, he can delete that part because no class balance means that the answer is post-buff, especially since they said that 1.12 represents the most complete version of the game or however

also, I don’t quite remember for sure if its a damage buff, but I think it was
the issue, though, is that it caused it to generate a high enough amount of threat that threat wasn’t such an issue anymore

1 Like

is it a damage buff or a threat buff?

Edit: okay thank you for clarifying things

Did they say no class balance changes or no class balance changes beyond 1.12?

Using the pre 1.12 shield slam and threat generation mechanics would not be a class balance change beyond 1.12 as the per 1.12 versions existed in vanilla.

I know that many who plan to play warriors are deathly afraid of and staunchly opposed to the pre 1.12 threat generation mechanics and shield slam, though, since that means they cannot go “balls to the wall” with their DPS and will not be able to be the “Gods of the DPS meters”.

I personally would prefer the pre 1.12 versions of shield slam and threat generation mechanics, but that decision is up to Blizzard.

That is why I pointed out that they are using 1.12 as the foundation, not the end all be all. Frankenpatching is elements within the vanilla timeframe.

As would I, as it would make hybrids more viable outside of healing roles.

1 Like

These were taken from Tipsout’s list of WoW questions. I can’t link the document because it wont let me. Credit goes to Tipsout and his cronies

When will a Classic WoW alpha/beta take place?
Will there be a collector’s edition?
Will any services like server transfers, faction transfer, or name change, etc. exist in Classic?
Will Blizzard implement Progressive Itemization for gear in Classic WoW?
How many servers is Blizzard planning for Classic?
What will the concurrent server population caps be for Classic on each individual server?
Will dynamic spawning technology be utilized during the Classic WoW launch period?
Will Blizzard release the names of the servers prior to Classic launch?
Will we be able to reserve our names on servers prior to Classic launch?
When will the Honor System be released?
When will battlegrounds be released in Classic WoW?
Are cross-realm BGs planned for Classic WoW? If so, when?
Will old-school Vanilla weather effects be in the Classic WoW?
Will the original unarmored mounts be in the game at launch?
Will original TCG items be available in Classic?
Will all of the Vanilla quest hubs be available at Classic launch, or at some other time?
Will the tier .5 quests be available at Classic Launch?
Will there be holiday events in at Classic WoW launch?
What will the guild caps be for Classic?
Will Dire Maul tribute farm exploits be available in Classic?
Will the right-click report feature have it’s current squelching mechanic in Classic WoW?
What is the plan for Dishonorable kills? Will they be in the game?
What will the lockout system be for Classic?
Will the extra 4 bag slots added with the authenticator be added in Classic WoW?
How do you plan on dealing with dying servers after the initial hype wave?
Will molten core be available on release or delayed?

This will be part of teh stage 2 content release (as of the latest info we have from blizzcon), when that will be who knows.

Since this implies cross-realm mechanics we can assume not currently planned, since this would open the door to cross-realm dungeons and watnot

Don’t see why not

This is probably asking about the albino epic mounts that where in game before the current armored ones, think they were replaced about 6 months after release or slightly before. I’d wager 2-3 months tops.

no, this is part of the currently planned stage 3 content release.

as it currently stands at launch along with onyxia

So, like everyone else, you have nothing but guesses.

That is the point of this thread. Almost all of these questions are questions that Blizzard has so far refused to answer and we can only make guesses as to the answers.

Blizzard needs to address and answer the questions they so far have refused to answer.

1 Like

They said they have no plans to make any changes to the class balance in 1.12

We all know very well that they were referring more to requests to go in and make non-vanilla changes to classes like adding taunts to pallies and increasing DPS of hybrids to be on par with pures.

1 Like

No they weren’t, they said they have no plans to change any of the class balance in 1.12. That’s a definitive statement, don’t try to misconstrue the devs’ words.

1 Like

Cheater, that is a ton of questions. If you want to go through and prune the ones that are already answered (such as the “buckets” releases of content) and add it to the OP have at it. Also stuff should probably change to “is” rather than “when”. Like they may very well not even have a beta/alpha.

And reverting the warrior threat stuff to pre 1.11 would not be a change outside of the vanilla timeline. It would not be “balancing”, but rather a reversion to a prior state.

If you want to pretend that the intent of the guy asking the question was other than asking if non-vanilla balancing would be taking place, enjoy yourself.

3 Likes

They specifically said they were not touching the 1.12 class balance.

It would not be “balancing”, but rather a reversion to a prior state of a class.

Pretty sure someone in here can cite the actual question and answer from that interview.

Wow. You’re really grasping at straws here.

1 Like

Sorry, but I am really not. Feel free to cite the specific language used in the Q and A, have at it. Context matters.

Cross realm BGs were in vanilla. Cross realm dungeons were not. The question is valid and you have no real answer.

Guess

World of Warcraft release date: 23 November 2004

World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19)

• Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look. Faster undead mounts already have a different look and so have not changed. The new mounts can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast mounts, you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.

You’re still guessing.

Was this ever clarified? From what I remember, we were only told that MC/Ony are stage 1, we weren’t told when stage 1 actually begins.

2 Likes