Unacceptable ping

Starting about 3 days ago, my ping went from an average of 30-40 to an average of around 100. I’ve flushed my DNS, but it didn’t seem to change much. Can’t be my net because I get 80+ Mbps down. Was hoping someone could help me trouble shoot this.

1 Like

Do you have a trace route gathered? You download speed does not mean you will have a low latency, just fyi. It’s affected by your distance from the servers, and if there are any internet issues currently, usually found in a trace route.

That is not an appreciable ping increase, in fact it’s not uncommon to see pings in the 200-300 range from normal overseas connections.

I have not, any easy way to do that? I know it’s something in the cmd prompt, correct?

100 ms is pretty unacceptable for an spriest imo. It’s been a consistent 30-40 outside of internet problems for the longest time, and the past 3 days or so it’s been a consistent 90-100

Hi Teysza

Let’s have a look at a WinMTR test.

The instructions are on this Blizzard Support page:

Once you have the tool open enter the IP number for the server group you play on in the WinMTR box then hit start.

(include periods)

Leave it run for 5 minutes or so. Doesn’t matter if you are playing or not. Then use the button that copies Text to your clipboard. Paste that on your thread here

*Please don’t code block the WinMTR report - makes things hard to read.

This is going to be related to the Spectrum issues that we’re looking into over here.