Unable to Use Dalaran Hearthstone

I cannot use the dalaran hearthstone. Below are the things I have done to try and fix this.

1. Check my toybox, its there and created it and says I can’t use it.
  2. Go to Dalaran inn to get hearthstone. No hearthstone was offered.
  3. Went to the lady in the citadel to start the legion quest, “Legion: The Legion Returns”. Accepted quest. Used portal to go to Stormwind and went to the question mark where recruiter lee is supposed to be. He was not there.
  4. Checked wowhead to see if he might be somewhere else, can’t find him. Tried the /target and nothing.
  5. Went to alternate Dalaran in Duskwood, found Khadgar, but not able to move dalaran as some say it worked.
  6. Came here to see what is up.

I have been trying to figure this out for hours and watched videos and whatnot. This should not be that hard!

Stormrage Pawndá, Panderan, Alliance.

1 Like
3 Likes

Then chances are that NPC is phased due to another quest you are on.

The comments here might have some clues, unless a mod happens to be around and can chime in.

2 Likes

In addition to Nation of Kul Tiras phasing the area, “To the Dragon Isles” does as well.

Even though that character is questing in the Dragon Isles, it seems you have that introduction quest still. You’ll want to either complete it, or abandoned it. Once you do Recruiter Lee will show back up.

7 Likes

This fixed the problem. Thanks. This really should be mentioned in this article: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/244847

1 Like

Well, that Support Article tells you what you need to have done to be able to use the Dalaran Hearthstone.

This Support Article tells you what you may need to do if cannot see Recruiter Lee. I actually updated it to include the Dragonflight intro quest.

5 Likes

I’m in the boat where Lee is missing and I have no other quests. The Dalaran Hearthstone will not work, and the Azsuna port in SW is also unusable

Go to the warboard and choose to do the Legion quest to go to Dalaran. That opens up the characters ability to use the Hearthstone.

2 Likes

I did manage to pick up a quest from the warboard for Legion but it didn’t allow the stone to work, or enable the azsuna portal, or bring back Lee at the harbor. If i could just get to Dalaran i think it would work

Could always ask in trade for a port to new dalaran.

Odd question are u using the physical new dalaran hearthstone or the toy which replaced the one u got in legion.

3 Likes

On which character, Creacher? It looks like the one you are posting with has already completed the Legion intro.

Which quest?

3 Likes

The quest I currently have is called In the Blink of an Eye and it has the subtext Ready for turn-in with the destination marker in Legion Dalaran. This is the quest that used to award the dalaran stone, so perhaps that’s why the toy wont work yet (and maybe why the azsuna portal is unusable)

The character is a lvl 25 Dranei Shaman named Zlaad. he’s not listed in my chars on the forums so i cant swap to him

I didn’t have any issues seeing Recruiter Lee when I picked up that quest on your character, Creacher. Are you sure you were looking in the right place?

You should see him when you log in. If you have trouble, try abandoning In the Blink of an Eye.

3 Likes

This worked for me!

2 Likes

As of TWW pre patch to use the Dal stone toy a newer toon must complete the legion intro to use it. (from what I can gather) However, my new toon can use the portal to Legion Azsuna. As I have done the intro quest way too many times it would be nice if that requirement could be lifted. ( Account wide everthing, I know it is not at legion yet… but I would like to say… I can not wait until it is account wide all the way back to vanilla!)

Just satin’ Keep up the great work Blizz

2 Likes

Please do not bump inactive topics.

This was always the case. The TWW pre-patch didn’t change anything. You always had to complete the Legion intro quest to use it.