Unable to transfer character - Please clear the mail from this characters mailbox

I am trying to transfer a character on Classic and am currently unable to because apparently there’s some mail in my mailbox.

After doing some searching it seems like the likely reason I am constantly getting an error message saying “Please clear the mail from this characters mailbox” is because I completed a quest in Western Plaguelands and the after completing said quest the NPC sends you some mail, but it doesn’t arrive for 24-48 hours.

Why does it take up to 48 hours to receive mail from this NPC? Is there some way to delete the mail so I can transfer without having to wait up to 48 hours?

It is simply a mechanic of the game. You will have to wait until the mail has been delivered, and you clear it from your mailbox, before you will be able to transfer. There isn’t a way to speed this up.

3 Likes

Things like this should be removed from the game or it should only take 1 hour to receive the mail, just like if I were to send/receive mail to/from another player.

You might want to make that suggestion on the General Forums, or the ingame World of Warcraft Suggestions.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I’m not here looking for directions to the suggestions forums.

Then I’d recommend not making a post with a suggestion in the wrong place.

You can try to submit a ticket, they can sometimes clear mail. But it takes 24 hours for them to respond usually so it’ll probably arrive before they get to it.

3 Likes

They’ll clear mail if you sent mail to the character with transfer already in progress (which stalls the transfer), but they won’t if it is coming from an NPC

While you may feel this way, anyone with good standing is allowed to post here. This forum is Customer Support, not Customer Service. It is a Player-to-Player help station.

2 Likes

He was simply responding to your post as well. If you offer a suggestion in a place that does not take feedback, such as this forum, it is reasonable to provide you with the right location. Not a mind reader, if your suggestion was just complaining and you don’t actually want to suggest it, then fair enough, but the next person who comes along and reads this thread will know where to go.

Good luck with your transfer.

5 Likes

Check this thread for the blue responses. You’ve been given the correct answers.

3 Likes

This is primarily a player to player help forum, and you have been given the correct answer.

While you are free to put in a ticket, the mail will likely arrive and be able to be worked before the ticket, at the moment.

The other thing that can cause this is if you have mail from someone you’ve put on /ignore.

5 Likes

I have already put in a ticket, yesterday, and was originally given a 9 hour ETA on when it would be responded to. I figured I would have an answer by this morning. I logged on this morning to find that my ticket now has a 1 day 13 hour response ETA. Perhaps Blizzard should step up their handling of tickets?

Also, if this is primarily a player to player help forum, perhaps you should rename it as such, maybe PLAYER SUPPORT, rather than making it sound like the go-to spot for CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

I find it interesting that clicking on the “contact support” button sends me down a path to communicate with Blizzard, but going to the “customer support” forums does not.

Working from home has presented a few challenges, Deulon - but so has everyone else BEING home - and playing :stuck_out_tongue:

We are trying to get to everyone just as quickly as possible.

6 Likes

To be clear as this can be misinterpreted, the eta isn’t a countdown. So you should expect it to take that long from the time of submission. Times have been hovering around 24 hours for a while I think, so I’m not sure why it dropped then spiked, but things haven’t exactly been normal for the last few months.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum that explains the function of this forum. Player support doesn’t clarify anything because the first word is describing who should be supported, not who is doing the supporting. So it would need to be the “customer/player support primarily by other players but blue sfa’s also moderate and help out” forum. This IS an avenue to communicate with blizzard, just not one on one, nor guaranteed, like a ticket. But they decided it was easier to just explain that in a sticky thread.

7 Likes