Unable to save in edit mode

What worked for me was to switch to another saved layout, and switch back again to my default one, then it let me save it.

Thank you for this! Just moved an alt out to the Isles and tried to move the vehicle exit button. Thought one of my addons was interfering!

Worked for me! Kudos mate:)

Same issue!!

My UI keep jumping to the bottom left of my screen…

The game is genuinely unplayable right now due to this bug…

2 Likes

That doesn’t work at all for me.

The telltale sign that your edit mode won’t work Is when your window you moving is yellow

1 Like

Same. Nothing I tried worked so I decided to save myself the headache and just reinstalled Elvui.

Not to mention, I didn’t get an extra action button when doing Mythic Demonic Inquisition on the default UI but it was working as intended when I used Elvui.

whoever came up with this god forsaken UI should be fired on the spot

i’ve had to download multiple addons just to try and recreate what i used to have and any change i do make inside of edit mode won’t save, relog after relog, no addons enabled

1 Like

also im tired of every update nuking my bars from orbit and having to REDO THE WHOLE THING! how is this progress? at least with the old ui it didnt get reset EVERY TIME THERE’S A PATCH!

I can save everything normally except “Boss Frames”. If I move Boss Frames somewhere then hit save, it just moves them somewhere random. The only fix is to “Reset to Default” and then Save. This puts the Boss Frames by default behind my right side action bars. Which then makes the frames useless. Is there an add-on to replace just Boss Frames? Or someone know any tech to fix it from moving when I hit “Save”?

Ya, this is what happened for me as well. I really tried to like the new UI and get it to work, but I ran into one too many issues with it (the straw that broke the camels back was the boss frames randomly deciding it HAD to be in the direct center of my screen no matter what) and redownloaded ElvUI.

1 Like

The Boss Frames is actually the only part that doesn’t work for me. I find it so odd… All the other features work properly (for me), save correctly and do not reset. But for some reason, the Boss Frames never stay where I have them. Every single time I hit Save, they move. I’ve tried like every reload technique listed here, etc.

1 Like

Have they fixed this with today’s maintenance?

My Boss Frame still does not save properly. All other aspects of my UI do Save correctly except that one frame

1 Like

ffffffu :person_facepalming:

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to fix this by disabling the “Snap” checkbox. Once that was off, it works fine.

1 Like

I am having this problem as well. Not only boss frame, party and arena frame also move when saved. Thing that I noticed is that when I enlarge every frame above 100%, it start to bug and it will save by moving itself.

TLDR: Dont enlarge boss/party/arena frames above 100%

OMFG THIS THIS THIS SUF was causing the issues, and everything else wasn’t working!! Now to figure out why my ability buffs are suddenly duplicating in EBB and attaching to my char frame and ONLY in groups >.<

still not working for me, ive literally tried everything. I simply cannot play arena, the arena frames are stuck in the middle of my screen. If i go into edit mode and move it, press save, it just snaps back to the middle of my screen. HELPPPP :frowning:

(post deleted by author)