Unable to login to WoW when I manually open wow.exe

…and still unable to play game without going through the battle.net loader

Same issue. I submitted a support ticket. I’m assuming without that pressure nothing will be done.

And 13 minutes later a small patch arrived and I was able to log in. Everyone here should try now.

4 Likes

Confirmed. I can also log in now.

1 Like

Still not working for me - can you elaborate on what fixed it for you? I am patched up to date on BC client

I just closed out of wow and the launcher did an update. Says I’m on 9.1.5.42010.

1 Like

Thats for retail though yeah?

1 Like

Version 2.5.3.41812 is not working for wowclassic.exe launching

1 Like

Orylia is a Support Forum Agent in the Customer Support Forum, not in Tech Support.

my wow.exe shortcut now lets me log in again as i post this reply.

thanks to all involved in putting it back the way i am used to :+1:

1 Like

We are not interested in that.

seems like they fixed retail but not tbc/som.

hopefully they can find the time to apply same fix to them.

2 Likes

On one of my two accounts, this happens to be whether I use the launcher or not. On my other one – no problem. All of your help articles are totally worthless for whatever this problem is.

1 Like

Was able to get my game to update to 9.1.5.42010 and now I’m able to use the authenticator to login on Retail, hopefully soon all clients can get in!

2 Likes

Until you provide the ability to log into multiple locations with the launcher at the same time, this answer is the height of absurdity.

Your system doesn’t work if you remove the standard login. You would be breaking it intentionally.

3 Likes

if you have more than 1 account it’s still extremely hard to log in

Go back to my main account, login… it works… go back to my 2nd account, login and it finally works

so in theory i need to log in 3 times for it to work, so dumb.

i have never used an authenticator and used WoW.exe to login just fine … saying to logon via the Battle.net Launcher is a little bit dumb . i only use the Launcher if and when there is a update. having the launcher running in the background takes resources from the ram…cpu gpu network connections etc and lowers little bit of performance to the game on low to mid range computers & laptops

You do realize that one of the launcher options is to have it shut itself down once the game starts?

No need to ever have it running in the bckground.

1 Like

No, it objectively doesn’t. At worst, maybe ten frames lost per hour and there’s several hundred thousand frames per hour @60fps. The launcher can be set to not use hardware acceleration, so no GPU load, and while it’s minimized, it uses an average of around 0.1% CPU over the course of playing for hours. Oh and it uses less than 150mb of ram.

Stop with this null argument. The launcher makes zero noticible difference in performance at all. The people that are absolutely refusing to use the launcher just don’t want to use it because it won’t let you sandbox/virtual machine it and can still detect the host machine. These are extremely common practices with botters, scammers and multiboxers, combined with VPNs, to isolate their real account+HWID+IP from their shady activities.

EDIT: Oh and if you truly are a legit “legal” multiboxer, within the rules of the ToS, then you can set the bnet launcher to allow multiple open instances for logging into more game clients.

Hey again,

It looks like our QA/Dev teams have the fix for Classic versions of WOW in testing. The fix should already be live for 9.1.5 patch. Once our support staff has more info we will be posting it here.

Thank you for working with us on this.

2 Likes