Unable to login to WoW when I manually open wow.exe

When I try to login manually after directly opening wow.exe (not through the battle.net application) it asks for an authenticator code, then gives me the WOW51900314 error code. I’ve tried resyncing as well as removing+readding my authenticator. Doing stuff on the website that requires me to input a code (such as when I readded the authenticator) works fines. As does things that just do the one touch authenticator (such as first logging into the app, or website) also works fine. Logging in after launching WoW through the battle.net app also works fine. Just not when I manually launch wow.exe and have to input a code.

10 Likes

Not sure, Tausend. You are really supposed to go through the launcher.

At some point, directly from the .exe may just stop working.

Just started having this problem today too.

3 Likes

Same problem today for first time

3 Likes

Same, what is going on?

2 Likes
1 Like

Same–jump on it, Blizz, plz

1 Like

Add me to the list of people who cant log in with opening the exe

1 Like

Same here–systems issue? Please attend to, Blizzard

Me too, I DONT WANT TO USE THE LAUNCHER.

1 Like

Same problem here. It just started today. Worked fine yesterday.
Launcher doesn’t work and thats why I start from wow.exe

3 Likes

Having to completely close out of the game to switch accounts is not a very good answer. I hope someone is actually working on this issue.

2 Likes

Same here. If I use the launcher I get logged in right away. However, if I just use the game icon in the “retail” sub-folder of “World Of Warcraft” (which I have used for many years) it asks for:

1. my password - I enter that
  2. “Authentictor Code - Enter the generated digital code.” - I enter the digital code from my key-chain authenticator, then press enter
  3. then it tells me “You have been disconnected. (WOW51900314)”

Is this because I use a MAC?

2 Likes

Saying you should really use the launcher is a very poor answer.

The fact is using the wow.exe file to start the game is a legitimate alternative to the launcher, and does not contravene any blizz rules.

14 Likes

Fortunately,

4 Likes

I hope the launcher does not become mandatory. Personally I find the launcher useless and always bypass it. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but it is just a waste of time to me - especially when I’m trying to relogin after (being feared into a wall and) being dc’ed while in combat…

6 Likes

also experiencing this starting today

1 Like

Adding my name to the list of those who cannot login. I use wow.exe to run a different addon and settings setup than my wife who uses the launcher. Really need this functionality to work.

1 Like

I have two battle.net accounts and this make it very cumbersome to have to keep switching between accounts with the launcher since it doesn’t support two accounts. I’ll have to cancel one of my subscriptions if this isn’t fixed.

1 Like

So they removed the box that allows more that one battle.net at one time?