Unable to generate holy power (ret)

There’s also been a server lag problem I saw mentioned, which is probably behind some instances of this ‘resources not generating’ thing.

As an fyi, i run Vanilla (0 mods) and this bug occurred for me. ironically on my pally, in the same location that my friend had the same problem a few weeks back on his pally. it makes me think its a very strange bug (i leveled 5 other toons in this area and never had this issue except on pally)

There have been several reports I’ve seen with Paladin/Monk/Rogue/Druid struggling to generate their Chi/Combo Points/Holy Power properly despite everything else functioning with no lag.

All we can do is continue to supply bug reports and giving as much info as we can and hope a resolution can be found.

3 Likes

Posting a video with inappropriate language is … inappropriate.

You open an ingame bug report. CS is not the place for bugs reports

Btw? /reloadui is not a UI reset.

3 Likes

Thank you for confirming this.

as I suspected it is not an addon issue since someone else is having the same issue with zero addons installed.

I will continue to post bug reports then to provide more info to the developers.

Tech Support has also got a mega-thread for ability and loot lag for US and Oceanic servers. Here’s the US one requesting data reports.

4 Likes

thanks dude I’ll head there after work is finished up.

1 Like

Just to let you both know, running 0 mods does not rule out a UI issue. Not saying this isn’t a bug, but simply saying “I run 0 addons” doesn’t mean you should not do the full UI reset. ALWAYS do that as a first step, even if it’s just to rule out a possible cause.

5 Likes

I have reset UI multiple times and no effect. The worst is when you are “mounted” but there is no mount, upon starting combat you dismount but with the bugs nothing happens and you can not fight because you are mounted but you should get auto dismounted as per the options in the interface menu. Bugs happen I understand but since this expansion got released its like WTF happened.

This is reminding me more and more of EA Games, piece of crap games that never work.

Please make WoW the world class game it used to be.

Please post in Bug Reports. Posting here won’t amount to much.

1 Like

Well there is another bug, I was told to post here via a link given to me. This proves my point.

Just so you are aware, QA doesn’t really frequent the CS forums for reports.

1 Like

Bugs are always going to happen in games. EA does not have the exclusive ownership of bugs, nor does it suggest that a game is “crap” or not.

You need to post your experience on the Bug Report Forum, or you can use the in-game tool.

3 Likes

What was the link you were given? Did it link directly to the Customer Support Forum? Or just to the forums, in general?

1 Like

I was given this link Unable to generate holy power (ret) - #33 by Melaesia-proudmoore obviously it was not the right one.

From a GM? I don’t really consider another human giving you a link to be a bug. It could be a mistake, given the context.

Regardless, if you have a bug, report it in the Bug Report Forum and they will investigate. But it also takes time to recreate the bug, find the problem, fix it, then test and implement the possible solution.

2 Likes

No it was not from a GM Melaesia, Going to rename the wtf folder etc. as per Blizzard that will hopefully fix the issue.

This is one part of a full UI reset. It needs to be a full reset (NOT just disabling addons) to ensure that it’s a fresh UI. It may not solve the issue, but this is important to rule out many issues.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info Melaesia, your advice is appreciated.

2 Likes

To be clear, I didn’t tell you, either explicitly or implicitly, that you should post here. I suggested that you check this thread for information, as it seems to directly relate to your issue. And I only made that suggestion after making you aware of the aptly-named Bug Report forum.

1 Like