Unable to Fish in Frostfire Ridge

As of recently, I am no longer able to fish in Frostfire Ridge lava puddles. I get a “your cast did not land in fishable water” message in every lava pool in the zone. I have tried it with and without a fishing pole, bait, directly in front of fish pools, in various areas (many of which I have fished at before), reloading UI, restarting the game, coming back over multiple days, and nothing works. I can’t get my level 3 fishing shack without being able to fish in the zone as my achievement sits at 33/100 enormous fish until fixed. ):

7 Likes

Same, can fish everywhere else for Nat’s beloved lunkers but not in FF.

I’ve had pretty much the same problem everywhere in FF but I just found a Fire Ammonite School near 32.71,16.00 and was able to cast into it as well as casting into the lava after the school was depleted.

1 Like

Im having the same issue fishing in both Frostfire Ridge and in the Antoran Wastes

Same here and it’s the only nodes giving me this issue. Even the fire ammonite nodes in Nagrand.

This seems widespread. My gnome rogue is getting “Your cast did not land in fishable water” errors on every single pool she’s tried to fish in upper Tiragarde Sound, and my paladin here got it trying to fish a pool in Stormsong Valley.

1 Like

So glad I found this post. Also logged out of WOW all of the way. Went to frostfire ridge initially to get my last lunker for the A Draenor Angler quest and couldn’t fish the lava. So went to Nargrand to try the lava there, no go. That’s when I started to try finding a solution. But like OP said tried logging out and back in and even turning off my computer. Hope they find a resolution soon as I’m also working on getting the mount.

There are maybe three currently fishable bodies of… lava. The easiest one is right outside of where the Horde Garrison is in the Frostwall Approach. You can also get the Ammonite out of the tar (Oil? The black stuff) on the far east side of the zone right where the transition to Gorgrond is.

Same thing has been happening here. I did find a spot where you can fish in fire though… Inside the Circle of Blood in Frostfire Ridge. Around 22, 28.

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to fish out of the western lava pool (just below the horde Garrison to the right and down as you heading to the docks). I was able to fish for lava in the pools to the north (by the graveyard), though the small pool, to the left, was being a bit finicky about where I stood.

i found a single place / school to fish in the lava at 22.5 / 25.6 no lunkers yet tho.

edit. check that. i caught the lunker after ~20 casts.

I am experiencing the same thing? is there any solutions?

It seems Blizz has increased the minimum depth required to fish in water. Like you, i tried fishing on upper Tiragarde on pools I was barely able to fish back in 8.0.1. Now nearly all of them (even place my character’s legs are all dip in water) prevent me to fish.

A lot of pools in upper Tiragarde were in too-shallow water right from launch.

Thank you for posting this spot. The fire ammonite were the last I needed for the quest. I was able to go to the spot you described and was able to fish. I did this as of yesterday and the other lava pools were still not fishable. Now just trying to finish up my rep grind with Nat for the mount.

Having the same problem in Frostfire as of 4/1/19. Thanks to Rayvenne for the tip: one pool in the Ring of Blood works.

I submitted a ticket about this recently. The GM looked into it, found out it was a known bug, and that there is already a plan to fix it…“in a future patch.” The lava pool outside of the Horde garrison can be fished if you feel like casting 100 times before it works, but it’s nearly impossible to cast near the Fire Ammonite School there. The tar pits south of the Iron Siegeworks flight path usually have one school up at a time in both sections. It takes forever to fish up the 100 for Fire Ammonite Angler this way, but I didn’t try any other areas, so some of the other spots mentioned might be better.

Add me to the list. Trying to get my level 3 fishing shack in my garrison. What a pain in the backside.

Same issue here. Same quest 2 days in a row. Last time bought on auction house. Supply is going to run out at this rate and prices will skyrocket . Frustrating to say the least . 11 May 2019

Guess I’m heading elsewhere to fish. Glad I looked it up after 5 different pools. I get “Your cast didn’t land in fishable water”(It’s lava, duh :stuck_out_tongue:) and “Water too shallow”. Kind of annoying as I decided to come get my strider before going back to my new characters and working on leveling them.