Unable to buy anything on Auction House

Wish they’d make a blue post here about it. They addressed it on twitter.

which channel?

https://x.com/FwoiblesWoW/status/1829977337397723443

Tom Ellis @FwoiblesWoW
So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.

1 Like

Dude same, trying to buy a Runed Writhbark 3 star quality and it keeps saying no longer available if i try to skip up to a more expensive one then it tries to make me buy all of the lower prices ones to and says not available starting to get irritated cause im trying to unlock a druid form and i have to buy this reagent to do it. ugh. Its not even a current expansion item so i dont understand.

I’m not able to buy simple materials without having to sit here for 20 minutes getting the same “item is no longer avaliable” message. This need to be fix like ASAP.

Looks like the AH is working. Also looks like the Auto auction bot/snipe/prog… whatever is working as well. Good job letting mods absolutely DESTROY the AH for any normal player just trying to enjoy the game. I just re-subbed in anticipation of something special…This aint it.

they need to just break all the ah addons

It appears they have taken the brute force first step of adding heavy search and post throttles, so perhaps buying will have a greater chance of success.

I had no particular problem buying a few hundred bismuth in several batches just now as a test.

TSM isnt a bot, it doesnt automate buying anything. It doesnt auto-relist. You still have to interact with the addon by pressing a button just as you do with the AH. Also it has nothing to do with addon’s.

Tom Ellis@FwoiblesWoW

So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.

https://x.com/FwoiblesWoW/status/1829977337397723443

I had a green trinket in there below everyone else, it sat there for like 1 day so you must be buying stuff thats high in demand