Unable to buy anything on Auction House

Everything I tried to buy, ore / herb / greens / blues / or any materials it just keep saying “item no longer available” I have tried 25 minutes just to buy a single item. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

12 Likes

It’s not closed anymore? In all my years playing this game I’ve never seen anything like it.

1 Like

what is closed?

I had the same thing happen.

I think it’s people running some sort of programmed auction software having bidding wars.

I was watching stacks of thousands shift by a couple silver every few seconds and it made it literally impossible to buy anything.

3 Likes

The AH was closed earlier today for a brief period.

It is broken again? Well that is fun.

Guess I can save time when I get home and bypass checking my AH guys.

The AH was closed most of the day.

Actually it came back up a lot sooner than most players realize. Blizz just didn’t tell us.

It’s bots.

And for anyone who says “iTS nOt bOTs ITs PeoPLE UsINg N AdDoN!”

If it automatically scans, Automatically buys, Automatically relists.

ITS A FREAKING BOT

5 Likes

I don’t understand why they allow immediate cancel/reposting, it necessitates AH players to behave this way. If you post a stack of herbs you should be allowed to cancel it, but not repost again for at least 30 minutes - and I mean account wide, none of this sending it to an alt to repost.

It is working as normal. I encountered the same thing yesterday and the day before. Too many people trying to manipulate things and too many addons sniping things.

1 Like

People aren’t cancelling and reposting ores and herbs - things sell way too fast for that.

This. I made about 400k this afternoon just selling ores and flowers i grabbed while leveling.

I didnt price them at the lowest, and even so they were being bought within 2-3 seconds of being posted, so i played around until i found their threshold limit and made a mint

1 Like

I dump everything except my cooking mats on the AH after every gaming session and most things sell within a second or two of me listing them.

1 Like

The sentiment holds though - there should be a cool down on reposting. You either get into these bidding wars where things are being removed and resubmitted repeatedly or you have people trying to corner markets and inflate prices by buying up the supply and immediately reposting at much higher prices.

It’s the Gnomes and the Goblins with their robots again. Need to get punting again…

1 Like

would solve absolutely nothing - people would just sit there and just post one or two at a time. I accidentally bought 7000 of an item once and to get rid of it without losing much gold that is what I had to do.

Always the gnomes. :weary:
I guess we need a better reputation.

Thats the same as putting a floor and ceiling on prices for items. Its a bad idea.

If someone corners the market because they were smart, good on them. Its a free market. Thats how it works

Plus selling low so someone buys it quickly with plans to flip it is how i make most of my coin

Remove any programs/Addons that effect the AH.

The AH already gives you all the needed things you need to actually use it.

Place an item? Shows the lowest price.
Want to buy an item? let’s you buy as many as you want and shows you what prices you’ll be paying by highlighting the items with their price.

The only people using things for AH are the ones taking advantage of it.

4 Likes